Shop now Shop now Shop All Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now DIYED Shop now Shop Fire Listen with Prime Shop now Shop now

Platform: Nintendo Wii|Change

on 13 September 2010
I use to love playing Tetris on the Gameboy with my friends as a boy and have already got the first version of Tetris DS (Nintendo DS) for my DS which is very good too. When I saw Tetris Party Deluxe out for the Wii which has online multiplayer and it's compatible with the Wii Balance Board it was to tempting for me to resist. Playing Tetris with your Balance Board is a great laugh and you can also play it with your Wii Wheel which is fun too. You can have a laugh with your friends with Wii Speak online when you thrash them or they beat you. For all you peaople like myself who like to use their Mii's whilst playing Wii games then, you will be glad to know Tetris Party Deluxe has Mii compatibility.
There are over 20 different game modes for you to enjoy and for me this is the best version of Tetris yet and it is also out on the DS too: Tetris Party Deluxe (Nintendo DS).
on 8 October 2010
Many years ago I played Tetris on the old monochrome Gameboy and found it fun, challenging and strangely addictive. This was then replaced by an arguably better version in the form of Tetris 2 - my long time friend and I still reminisce about memorable moments playing it together..
Monochrome went to colour and the advent of XBOX, PS and Gamecube spelt the end of such liniar games as the likes of Lara Croft entered the console "stage".
Tetris has returned, and has been reborn. The gameplay is as it ever was: simply to rotate and manoever blocks as they drop from the top of the playing field to form lines at the bottom that disappear and give you a score. We all know it....
This version, however, has many tweaks. Bonus scoring for rotating a shape into a hole and for accumulating strings of lines. There are a number of game variants which add to the challenge and longevity of this version. I especially like the little man that climbs your block pile, but whom you must avoid crushing as you place the blocks. The multi-facited multiplayer games are challenging and fun. There are also options for cooperative play. The graphics, while not spectacular, are as good as they need to be. But hey... you don't need great 3D graphics for a game that is essentially two dimentional. The music is much improved, and there are several tunes one can pick according to preference.There is still the old familiar Rusian tune for those who prefer it. Connection to the internet for multiplayer games and world ranking is painless and quick.
At the end of the day it's Tetris with added bits, and the added bits are all good. Buy it - you won't be disappointed.
I have been addicted to Tetris since the first time I played it. While I hate trying to pack stuff in real life, I seem to be able to fit those blocks into just the right spot. So, naturally, I wanted to get Tetris Party Deluxe when I found out it was available for the Wii.

The idea behind the game is still pretty basic. Blocks made up of four squares connected in some manner drop from the top of the screen and you have to rotate them and move them left to right to make them fit with each other. When you completely fill in a line, it goes away.

Since the game is simple, the game controls are fairly simple. You just need the Wiimote for this one. The plus pad controls the left and right direction of the block and to drop it fast and faster. You use the 1 and 2 buttons to rotate it clockwise or counterclockwise. You can use the A button to take a falling block and save it for later. Just hit A again, and the block you saved will switch with the currently falling block. That's a new to me feature that I love.

And it can really be that simple. You can go in and play by yourself for hours trying to rack up the highest score by clearing lines (clearing multiple lines at once gives you a higher score). They even have a simpler version they call Beginner Tetris that has simpler pieces and a smaller play field. But it can also get much more complicated than that.

Before I move on, I should mention you can play this game with your Wii Balance Board. I don't have one, so I don't know how that works.

Now, let's discussion the variations and puzzles. For the single player, there are all kinds of options. You can play against the computer (although it seemed a little easy to me). You can take the challenge to fill in a certain area or get a climber through a series of gates as you fill in the pieces. You can race to clear 40 lines. And they have Bombliss, which is the puzzle modes from the Gameboy Tetris Blast. In this mode, you have to clear lines with bombs in them and blow up the bombs to actually clear the lines. I loved Tetris Blast and wish they included the free play version here, but I'll certainly take this.

So, you want to play with your friends? Great, you can have up to four people playing at one time. The big change here is that when you clear multiple lines, your opponent gets those lines, but if you only clear one line it goes away. That's always a challenge to me because I'm more of a clear lines as quickly as possible guy instead of building to multiple lines at once. It's a very different mindset, but if you can get into it, you'll do well. You can actually play many of the single player games in multiplayer versions as well. There's also a co-op version where you work with a friend to clear lines on one screen.

Then there are items. When you are playing against someone, you can chose to have items involved. These range from speeding up your opponents blocks to hiding someone's queue to sending random squares to your opponents pieces or clearing a bunch of your own lines. These items hide in blocks that fall, and when you clear the line with the item in it, you get the chance to use it. Just press the B button to cause all kinds of extra mayhem. It can be frustrating at times when you are struggling and someone hits you with smoke, for example, but it's fun to do that yourself. It makes it an extra challenge.

Still not enough? You can go on-line and play against up to 5 opponents from around the world (or your friends if they have the game and are signed in). For the Wi-Fi version, you only have the option of playing the traditional building and clearing lines version, although you can play with the items. I must admit, I am sad at this game on-line. I tend to lose almost all the time. But it's still fun to play and try to do better.

There was a version of Tetris Party you could buy over WiiWare that includes the items and original game play. You could play it against friends or over Wi-Fi. Yes, I have that, and I enjoy it, but I like all the additional variations this game offers. Yes, I tend to play traditional Tetris the most, but those variations are fun for something different, and just as addicting.

And let me tell you, this game is a couple decades old and still addicting. I can start playing, and an hour has passed without me even realizing it. Just one more game becomes my mantra until I finally give in and turn it off. It's really that much fun.

The graphics are. There isn't much more to say about them. There is some nice detail in the background, but I am always focusing on the falling blocks of squares. Since those blocks are the real focus of the game, it's fairly basic. I never find the graphics an issue for game play.

Likewise, the sound is simple. You get some music on the menus, but when playing, you get a few game play noises, but that's about it. Since I always turned off the music in the older Tetris games I have, that's a good thing in my eyes.

Tetris is a classic, and I've loved many of the variations over the years. Tetris Party Deluxe is another winner in that very long line.
on 29 March 2013
The only restriction seems to be two player action - why are there so many games for four players? Otherwise this is very addictive for single players and well worth having! Rec'd quickly and well packed
on 20 September 2010
as usual brill service from amazon. this is a very good exammple of tetris and has been well adapted to use the abilities of the wiiGameOn Compatible Balance Board - White (Wii)
on 10 February 2011
This came is the most adictive game ive ever played easy to understand and great fun ive sat up all night playing this trying to beat best score one of the games you have to fill in a shaded area sounds simple not that easy but what fun there are eight different games on single tetras eleven games for multi player once you play you wont want to put it down be warned. This game is sutable for any age group I'm 56,disbled and this game keeps the brain well and truly active.Have fun I have.
on 20 January 2011
As a lover of the original tetris on gameboy I was so excited to see it available on wii. The only word I can use after playing the game is DISAPPOINTED! I have got a squint in my eyes from playing this game, the graphics are so small they are hard to concentrate on and its difficult to actually see where you are placing the tetris shapes on screen. I think some work needs to be done to improve the screen images so for the moment don't waste your money!!
on 12 October 2010
Tetris is a game that has been going for years this version on the Wii is very good lots of different game you can try hours of fun and I would recommend it for all ages.
on 5 June 2011
Excellent game. My daugter who is 8 plays on it all the time.
She loves to play multi player where we can be handicapped to make the games more even. Very good value for money
on 4 October 2010
Love tetris. Happy to have it on the wii, but the quality is rather poor. And at times the game causes the screen resolution to jump, and we struggle to see the whole board.