on 22 November 2013
For some reason greyhounds tend to have not too great teeth, so although my dog was well looked after in his racing days, I brush his teeth to prevent build up and teeth going yellow. Used to do it with baby toothbrush as smaller head but ordered these for better control for me and less intrusion for my dog. Arrived within a day of being ordered, nice strong, but not too sturdy rubber, will fit all fingers and my dog did not mind it at all. Hope small rubber bristles will last as fairly short, but likely this is why dog did not mind the sensation of his teeth being brushed. Swiss product, so every chance of it lasting..Would highly recommend it.
on 17 November 2015
After taking my 3 year old Labrador to the vets for her booster injections, I was advised to do something about the build up of tartar in her mouth now rather than leaving it until it got really bad. Instead of purchasing all the necessary items from the vets which I knew would be expensive - I looked on Amazon and purchased Virbac Enzymatic toothpaste (poultry flavour), Plaque Off, Beaphar Toothbrush and a rubber finger toothbrush. Armed with all my equipment, I waited until Poppy (my Labrador) was having a snooze after her walk, put the toothpaste on the rubber toothbrush and had a good old scrub around her fangs and front teeth. Even though she was slightly taken aback with what I was doing in her mouth as she has never had her teeth cleaned before, the taste of the toothpaste seemed to be agreeable, so she was more than happy to let me continue. To reach the back teeth - I needed the Beaphar toothbrush as it was long enough to really get right at the very back teeth. With regards to the Plaque Off, I put 1.5 scoops into her breakfast (Royal Canin kibble and a hard boiled egg) and 1.5 scoops in her dinner (Royal Canin and raw mince). I have followed this regime for the past 10 days and I can honestly say, I am now seeing a real difference. The tartar is slowly disappearing and I reckon by the time I have done this for a month, her teeth will be completely free of any staining. So would I recommend these products - the answer is yes - I would recommend them all, but I do believe you need to make sure that you do not slack off the daily cleaning regime.
TOP 100 REVIEWERon 24 September 2015
I have a jack russell and a patterdale cross and both are reluctant to let me anywhere near their teeth with a doggy toothbrush but are both quite happy for me to use finger brushes. You get two in a pack, one blue and one white, which makes it easy for me to assign each dog their own brush. There are two sides to each one - one side is finer than the other, and when I am using them I just feel more "in control" of the situation than if I was trying to manouver my way into their mouth with a toothbrush. After use, a quick rinse under the tap and they are as clean as new again.
on 18 November 2013
There is nothing intrinsically wrong with these finger toothbrushes. They are just too large to use on my Toy Poodle's mouth. A waste of my money. However if you have a largish dog I'm sure they would be fine.
on 2 October 2014
This was a brilliant product to get our dog used to having us touch his teeth, but we could never get a good clean with them and we did go back to a toothbrush when our dog could tolerate it. As a product from the seller they were fab. Came quickly and great price for the set. Quality of the product was fine. They are robust and easily used by any adult. I would highly recommend then as a starter product for dog teeth cleaning if you need time to get your dog to adjust to this level of grooming.
on 17 January 2015
Be aware that these are really a bit too big to insert into a small dog's jaw - it's even too big for my fingers. It's a pity they don't come in 3 sizes... Otherwise it's gentler than a toothbrush and more hygienic, and probably longer lasting.
on 28 May 2014
better than trying to manage an old one of our toothbrushes as you can't get the right angle due to the length. this is compact and easy to use
on 24 May 2013
In the picture it look much thinner than it is. It says cats and dogs, I have a little dog a little bigger than a cat and without any chanse I couldn't imagine to put this in her mouth. Far to wide! I suppose if you have a middle size dog it could be perfect but the picture here it doesn't show how it is in reallity.
on 26 November 2015
Poor advertising I'm afraid, I can hardly fit the thing in my Cavalier's mouth, it's obviously uncomfortable, plus as others have said doesn't fit most people's fingers, it's more like thumb size. Good luck trying this on something even smaller like a cat!!
on 10 April 2015
Better than a rigid toothbrush, but still found them a bit bulky even in my lurcher's mouth. I also think they're made for giants as they are very loose fitting making them quite hard to control in my dog's mouth . Dog was happy, though, and they're okay for the job.