5.0 out of 5 stars Good, reliable and low priced!
This is a great hard-drive.

Do not pay extra just to buy a brand you've heard like Toshiba or Samsung. Intenso is a German brand and isn't that popular yet but I am very happy with the product.

The hard-drive looks sleek, it's shiny and doesn't smudge so easily.

It comes formatted in FAT32 with about 930GB of actual space. (For those of...
Published on 20 Feb 2011 by A. Al-Hussaini

2.0 out of 5 stars Failed after four months
Published on 15 Mar 2011 by Mr. David Short

2.0 out of 5 stars Failed after four months, 15 Mar 2011
Mr. David Short (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Intenso 6002560 1TB Memory Station USB 2.0 5400rpm 2.5 Inch External Hard Drive - Black (Personal Computers)
This worked brilliantly for four months. Sometimes a bit slow with large amounts of data - it would copy some than have a rest and copy a bit more. Managed to get my entire CD collection on it for iTunes with GB spare. This morning it died. All it does now is click and wheeze, and eventually sit there with its green light on but not found by the computer. Since the warranty implies contacting Germany I have contacted Amazon UK for a replacement. Let's see what happens...

Meanwhile four months of CD transfers wasted. Maybe I needed a backup for the backup...

EDIT:
Two days after I contacted Amazon, a replacement disk arrived in the post. Now that's customer service that you could only dream of from the vast majority of suppliers. Well done Amazon!! I've added a star because of you. Now all I have to do is re-rip 1000+ CDs.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good, reliable and low priced!, 20 Feb 2011
A. Al-Hussaini (London) - See all my reviews
This is a great hard-drive.

The hard-drive looks sleek, it's shiny and doesn't smudge so easily.

It comes formatted in FAT32 with about 930GB of actual space. (For those of you who don't know FAT32 means it can be read by your PS3 or Xbox BUT the max size each file can be is limited 4GB. You can format it to NTFS to have files bigger than 4GB but then it will not be readable by your PS3/Xbox)

Personally I have part of the Hard-Drive as FAT32 so I can put store some movies on it to connect it to my Xbox. I have the rest of the Hard-Drive in NTFS so I can store large files.

I really recommend this Hard-Drive as it is the lowest priced USB-powered Hard-Drive I could find yet it also has quality just as good as more well-known brands.

5.0 out of 5 stars Super, 13 Nov 2010
The product is excellent. It provides everything I could ever want from an external hard drive. It looks good, it's light, it's small and has large amounts of storage space for all my pictures and music. In general, massive thumbs up, a super product, well done Intenso.

5.0 out of 5 stars as described, 13 Dec 2012
I am using this as a recording hard drive for my smart tv, works very well. Only thing to bear in mind is that once used for tv you will lose all the drivers so it cannot subsequently be used as pc external drive.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Disk, 19 Oct 2010
Fantastic disk, slim, quite fast and very quiet, quite fast as it is only 5400 but for portable 2.5" it is no easy to get 7200. Generally very pleased with this purchase. Intenso is German brand and if it is German I am expecting lasting quality and reliability, so far after 2 month of playing with this I am very happy.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good value and reliable, 29 Dec 2012
I've bought two Intenso drives so far, 1Tb and a 1.5Tb models, which I have had for four and two months respectively. They run 24x6 (powered down on Saturdays) and have proved highly reliable.

Intenso 6002560 1TB Memory Station USB 2.0 2.5 Inch External Hard Drive Black
Intenso 6011570 1.5TB Memory Tower USB 2.0 3.5 Inch External Hard Drive Black

Great value at this price point - and I'm told by my "boffin" chums who have also bought them and looked inside that they are well made with mechanisms from top suppliers such as Hitachi and Samsung. The cases are made of aluminium, rather than plastic, which is always a plus point.

Reliability demonstrated, the 1.5Tb has now been redeployed to our onsite backup system to which I will be adding another of the same - which I guess is the best recommendation I can provide.

If only they had a Firewire connection!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, 23 Dec 2011
I've purchased this item few months ago and I'm really happy with it. Fast delivery and very nice product. HDD is really easy to use- really easy!
Very good quality for the price. Worth to buy it :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Intenso 6002560 1TB 2.5" HDD Black, 5 April 2011
I have had this hard drive for a few months now and cant fault it. It has a western digital 5400RPM drive inside which is not the fastest you can get but it does a great job backing up my data & the speed is fine for me.

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent purchase, 16 Feb 2011
the drive works fine, I am positively surprised with read speed, I would say it's as fast as memory stick
looks quite solid despite plastic casing, quiet and almost vibration free.
excellent purchase and very portable for 1TB, although I'm not a great fan of glossy finishes.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, sleek hard drive, 6 Dec 2010
Well i noticed the external hard drives by the major brands (like Western Digital and Seagate) had tons of very bad reviews at something like a ratio of 1:6. Hard drives not working etc. Getting very frustrated, i went for this 320GB Intenso hard drive rated 5 stars by all (currently) three reviewers. I also went for the fact that Intenso is a German brand, and German things seem to be good (Michael Schumacher, Sebastien Vettel etc.).

So anyway, i thought it'd give it a few weeks to review this to check that it didn't break instantly (like some of the hard drives from the brands mentioned above). It hasn't, and everything about it seems to be perfect. It's a tiny size, it looks fantastic and the USB cable fits very securely into the back of it. And it's certainly one of the cheapest out there. I think Intenso should be rewarded by more people buying their hard drives, i definitely will in the future!

Now, i notice the 320GB has gone up in price slightly and the 500GB down, so that they are almost the same price!