5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely Brilliant
Published on 25 April 2011 by Andy P

3.0 out of 5 stars I am sorry to say, I was disappointed
Amazon says that this Believe is Orianthi's debut album, but I have her 2007 album Violet Journey Violet Journey (10 Tracks) Aust Excl, which I absolutely love. So i assume that Believe is, at least, her second album.
The info on Amazon currently says this release has two CDs - it has not, there is only one CD (i have submitted an update to Amazon for this)...
Published on 17 Sep 2010 by Colin

3.0 out of 5 stars I am sorry to say, I was disappointed, 17 Sep 2010
Colin "(52)" (UK and Azerbaijan) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Believe (Audio CD)

I first saw Orianthi several years ago,on an Eric Clapton "Crossroads Centre" DVD, and on the strength of that performance I searched for more info about her and bought Violet Journey.

I am a little confused about this CD, Believe. Looking on Amazon, it shows "Believe" , this listing, with 13 tracks. Track 13 "Sunshine of your love" is described as a bonus track in some listings.
Amazon also offer "Believe II" Believe II with only 12 tracks shown (no Sunshine of your love). Perhaps one is an import but it is not clear from Amazon's descriptions.
There is even another version of "Believe" with different cover, and (according to the Amazon info) dated Oct 2009 Believe, 12 tracks but in a different order to that on this CD. I have shown a comparison of the track listings below.
I have even found another version offered as "Believe Again" Believe Again.
All except the "2009 version" seem to have the same cover, although the prices vary greatly and do not seem to indicate imports or special releases..

Anyway, back to this CD.
I am sorry to say I was somewhat disappointed by Believe. The first 4 tracks are competent pop-rock, but lack the cutting edge and originality that I was expecting.
The later tracks are much more lively and I enjoyed them nuch more, but overall I was left feeling disappointed. I don't know a lot about what journey Orianthi has been on over the last few years, but I get the feeling that she has been teamed with some american pop-rock producer and told to produce a more commercial album to appeal to the Avril Lavigne fans rather than the Steve Vai/Joe Satriani fans, or rather than simply pusuing Orianthi's own sound and style. I like to listen to Avril Lavigne and I know what to expect, but i was expecting something more mature and edgy from Orianthi.
But of course, all this is down to personal taste.

Overall, if I were wishing to recommend Orianthi to someone, it would not be on the basis of this album - if this were my first exposure to Orianthi, i would no be looking any further. Check out Violet Journey instead, and you will be hooked after the first listening.

This CD track Listing: _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _2009 CD Track Listing: Believe

Bonus Track:
13. Sunshine of your love

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good album, 30 July 2011
This review is from: Believe (Audio CD)
I found Orianthi on Guitar Hero and after listening to a few more tracks on youtube took the plunge and bought the album.
This woman is the best female guitar player I have ever heard - supremely talented, I can't understand how she is not bigger than what she is right now. In a duet with Santana on youtube she actually put him in the shade and was as equally as impressive on the Steve Vai track on the album too.
The only criticism is that in signing her recording contract it seems that she has gone a little too mainstream to sound like people like Avril Lavigne or Taylor Swift, which I think is a terrible waste of talent.
Her next album needs to be a bit harder with more intense guitar solo's to showcase her talent more. I don't want to listen to the next Avril Lavigne she has the ability to really put women guitarists on the map and be as good as any of the top guitarists out there if she stuck to making metal or heavy rock songs.

That said the album is still very good but she's sooo capable of a lot more.

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely Brilliant, 25 April 2011
Andy P (Camberley, Surrey) - See all my reviews
If you like your guitar rock with good riffs, terrific breaks and, yes, catchy melodies, this is for you. Highly Strung will raise goosepimples through its sheer pace and virtuoso guitar playing; Think like a Man will have you bopping away; while the cover of Sunshine of Your Love will make you think maybe Clapton and co should have speeded it up a bit! Not a bad track on the album and Orianthi has to be one of the best rock guitarists around. Buy it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Believe it again., 20 May 2014
John Crooks (Northern Ireland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Believe (Audio CD)
As I previously reviewed this album in its original cover and tracking list it is more or less the same. This is the same album and also referred to as "Believe ii (2)" with a slightly different tracking list, and the Red Hot Cover of Orianthi with a white plain boring background.

She is a strong vocalists and a true master with the guitar as I said before. If you have seen Michael Jackson's "This Is It" footage, or have seen Orianthi with the Alice Cooper Shows, you know well this young lady can finger her way up and down the fret board.

As a singer and song writer Orianthi can smack you in the face or make you feel loved, wanted and cared for. Though with two versions of this CD is it really her third album if you count both separate due to the new tracking list. Her first true solo album was "Violet Journey" is on the heavier rock side, going by other reviews. Then I believe, Believe has this more commercial side to it, but will still rock your socks off attitude in a over controlled way to push her centre stage with all the buzz surround Orianthi.

In this male dominated genre it is hard for women to get a break and be excepted into the rock and roll business. Shame really as I am sure there are more great Lady artists out there that need that slice of the pie. Orianthi got very lucky with the failed Michael Jackson (RIP) O2 shows, but did wonders for her career in the end. Magical like a phoenix rising out of the ashes of death and soring higher that any note she can play on the guitar. Playing with the Coop, Richie Sambora, and Santana, Orianthi is doing the rounds as a guest with no problems.

I can't wait for the next album and hopefully the record company will let her loose from the shackles, so she can really let herself go with a good producer in control to get the best from her style of playing. So that the corporate grip is loosened to let her shine and rip and shred on those G strings, and bring out the true vocalists that I think Orianthi is behind this current CD of Believe.

5.0 out of 5 stars Believe, 26 Mar 2014
This review is from: Believe (Audio CD)
Such a great album, first saw her in the MJ video showing back stage footage of her playing. Her album is great and the songs seem to match her rock look. Glad i bought the CD.

5.0 out of 5 stars BELIEVE- BELIEVE SHE WILL BE A HUGE STAR, 26 Feb 2014
Mr. A. CHAMBERS (DORSET, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Believe (Audio CD)
I can't understand some of the reviews I have read on here so far, Some people need their hearing checking as she is mindblowingly good. Orianthi is one absolutely incredible guitar player, an outstanding singer and an bonus on top of all of that she is outstandingly beautiful as well.

She can sing really really well and make all the songs on this album outstanding and her guitar play is mindblowing, I wish i could play the guiar as good as her. I like all the songs on the album especially the first song on it " According to you" which really gets your head bang.

Watchout for this oustanding 25YO Aussie rock chick as I can see great things from her in the future and can't wait for future albums etc.

5.0 out of 5 stars Axmeister!, 29 Jan 2014
Mr. E. B. Stead "beasthead" (letchworth garden city, england) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Believe (Audio CD)
Do they get better than this?
So young! So attractive! So very feminine! So talented.
No wonder Michael jackson took her on to join his World Tour - she is THAT GOOD>
Sad that Michael died and the tour never happened or she would now be the world's No.1 rock guitarist.
Baz

5.0 out of 5 stars Orianthi, 17 Oct 2013
This review is from: Believe (Audio CD)
red hot guitarist and looking., would recommend that any serious music lover gives this album a blast. Not for officianados of rubbish music like hip hop.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing!, 26 Aug 2013
This review is from: Believe (Audio CD)
I bought is CD as i had listened to a few of the tracks previously and found them really catchy. I absolutely love this CD, maybe because i am a guitar enthusiast and play both the acoustic and electric. This CD proves that guitars can be a girls best friend, as Orianthi rocks out to a variety of tracks

4.0 out of 5 stars I Believe!, 13 July 2013
This review is from: Believe (Audio CD)
There's very little to say, I saw the interview with Carlos Santana on Youtube. He pretty much summed up what I was thinking. She's very good at what she does and could give some of the more famous names a run for their money. I can't understand why we don't hear more of her. As for the album, it's pretty good but from what I've seen of her on Youtube, she could do better.

Believe
Believe by Orianthi (Audio CD - 2010)