Size: For Canon|Change

on 14 June 2013
Functionality:
All the functions on the product works with my Canon 600D. First thing I did was test all the options available on the intervalometer (love the name of these things) and all worked flawlessly. To learn how to use the 'Interval' setting, I did not need to use the manual as it was quite straightforward. However I did use the manual for the other settings. The manual itself isn't that clear at times, but honestly, it's a minor issue as you do learn your way around the device.

Body:
Plastic - to give you an idea, similar build quality to that of your lens cap. Some people may not prefer it, but I think it's the right balance and weight as it will inevitably be hanging off my camera whilst in use. The cable is a generous length, I think it's a metre long which is more than enough for myself.

Battery:
It uses a Lithium Cell CR2032 battery. Very common to find in shops/various online websites and quite cheap. The only issue I had with regards to, not so much the battery but the device itself is, you can't switch it off. So as long as the battery is in there, it will stay switched on. But you know what, it is again a minor issue as it is so easy to take the battery out and put back in - but some may find this to be an annoyance.

Conclusion:
Brilliant, does exactly what it says on the tin. Works perfectly with my Canon 600D and at a reasonable price compared to other intervalometers. The point about not being able to switch the device off didn't deter me from giving it 5 stars because for me, it's a factor which I can easily overlook.

I can definitely suggest if you have a Canon 600D/550D (T3i/T2i), to buy it.
review image
on 12 July 2013
I found out about these shutter release controllers through using them at College in A-Level Photography, this was a sure sign that they were going to be good quality.
I found the product very easy to use, please note that it doesn't come with a battery which is required to use the timer functions. You'll need the same/similar flat battery which goes in a standard wrist watch.

It's still possible to use the shutter button without a battery though, simply plug in and press the large grey button to release the shutter. This button can be locked in place for bulb exposures.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 20 February 2015
Item works using one CR2032 coin battery, included in the box. It's made of light weight plastic. There is no On/Off switch for this device, but removing the battery is simple enough. Manual states that battery should last 3 years, (presumably in the 'not being used state')!

There are 5 main functions with this device:

1. Self Timer.
2. Interval Timer, (this is what I bought it for, so I can do time-lapse photo shoots of clouds etc.).
3. Long Exposure Timer. (your camera needs to have bulb function setting!)
4. Exposure Control.
5. Remote Switch Function (can be used without battery power).

The instructions a bit mangled via translation, but it's simple enough to spot and correct the erroneous text. It is possible to use the functions in combination and a grid at the end of the instructions details all the permutations with possible uses.

Simple enough to operate. In my case I select the Interval Timer, dial in the time I want to wait between shots and press the start button, and away it goes.

Works fine with Canon G12!
review image
on 23 December 2013
I have owned the CanonTC-80N3 which this is an identical copy of, since 2001 and for many years only used it as a remote shutter release cable, totally ignoring the "Timer" functions until recently when I became interested in experimenting with time lapse photography where these become essential tools rather than a camera accessory you only use occasionally. Canon put what I believe is called an N3 connector (where the cable connects) on the bodies of their Pro/Semi Pro range like the 50D, 7D and so on but have a much simpler pin connector on the 450D, 550D 'Rebel' range and I needed a similar release cable timer for one of these for time lapse photography.

So finally to the product review ! The Aputure model is near as makes no difference identical to the Canon model that costs over £100, you can buy 4 of these for every one Canon so the price difference is significant. Does this mean that the quality suffers greatly ? Not as far as I can see but time will tell. The only obvious difference lies in the click-able wheel on the right hand side where you set the time intervals, on the Canon it is a wheel that turns constantly, on the Aputure model, it is a toggle type wheel that doesn't spin freely, both work so it is not an important detail.

For me the real "killer feature" in terms of doing time lapse photography lay in the fact that the Aputure model can do up to 399 + infinity on the "shutter count" (how many pictures in a sequence) whereas the Canon version tops out at 99.
on 14 April 2014
I have to say, the battery ran out after (before, actually) one time lapse project, so it's obviously quite power intensive. I will try changing the battery, but, if this doesn't work, it's more or less useless.
on 6 December 2015
I was looking for a timer so I could do a time lapse video with my Canon EOS 1100d and bought this having read a tutorial online. I am pleased to say I am not disappointed - this is a great timer at a really good price. The instructions were really simple and it's really easy to use. Looking forward to using it a bit more!
on 15 April 2013
Nice remote you can easily use for timelapses or remote shuts, totally identical to the Canon orginal one but less expensive!
on 23 April 2014
needed a release cable for my canon 70d for a long exposure shoot and timed lapse and not really sure if it will works on a 70d but after a few answers from previous buyer i decided to get it and it works perfectly fine on my canon 70d. the delivery was fast and no hassle. will definitely recommend the product and the seller
on 28 October 2013
I just received this item and I have tested it with my Canon 60D. It works as it should and seems to be a lightweight but well made item. Other reviewers have commented on the lack of an on/off switch, but since the instructions claim a battery life of up to 3 years, maybe a switch is not necessary.
So far I am very pleased with the item and with its packaging.
on 28 November 2014
Works very well with my 450D. Perhaps a little fiddly to get the hang of the controls, but once you have it works perfectly and is exactly what you need for time-lapses or stacking of astrophotography images. Here's a time-lapse I took using it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGTkTl7HLcc