on 6 September 2011
Wanted to post a review on this bag as it took me a while to decide which backpack to go for to use for work, so hopefully this may help someone else decide a bit quicker!

Very impressed with the bag, lots of room inside for all your stuff. I have managed to fit a 15.6 inch laptop in the laptop compartment without trouble. Laptop compartment is well padded so gives good protection.
Main pocket is big, you can fit a lot in there. Large A4 folder will go in no problem. There is a small(ish) pocket on the top of the bag which is great for storing things you may need in a hurry (car keys, phone etc).
Front compartment has multiple organiser sections to put all your various bits in.
So far I have managed to carry two laptops and power supplies, a tablet pc and all the documents I needed without too much trouble. The good thing is though that you can do this but the bag doesn't look too big when on your back.
As another reviewer has said, if you filled this bag to capacity you may struggle to lift it!
Build quality is excellent, bottom of the bag is covered in a hard wearing material so should stand up to some abuse.
The bag is also well balanced so will stand up on its base in a stable manner, making access easy. Also pretty comfortable when being worn.

In summary very happy and would recommend this bag to anyone who wants a backpack to carry laptop etc which also looks the part for work/business use.
VINE VOICEon 29 March 2010
The bag is bulkier than your standard Dell bag, but still fits perfectly "under the seat in front of you." I used it on a recent business flight and was very happy with it. It's a great bag if you need extra space for documents etc -- the bag has 3 main sections. The middle one for the laptop can be zipped open on 3 sides so the bag folds open -- the idea is that you can then leave the laptop on top. But of course security guards at airports don't read the brocuhre and still remove the laptop! But that's my only complaint. The Zip-pulls are strong and nicely designed; a small detail, but one which demonstrates the good quality.

An update on this review: I've used it on a long-haul pleasure flight, so no laptop. It really is the best bag ever: I was able to organise all my carry-on things like headphones, passport, magazines, BB, phone, books etc. It is so nice to use this bag. There's a holder or slot for everything it seems. I love it!!
33 comments|35 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 3 November 2013
I bought this to replace another Swissgear backpack, whose handle main had split, such that it had sharp edges which were cutting my hands.

One of the main reasons I went for this one, is that the main handle has no steel cable incorporated into the handle, like my old one, so there is less chance of it splitting.

It is smaller than the rucksack I had before, but I realised that before I bought it and just accepted the compromise. It doesn't have as many compartments as the old one, so I've had to be a bit more creative about stowing everything I usually carry around at work. I'm happy to say though, that I've managed to find a place for everything. That said, I do carry a ridiculous amount of gear around with me, (laptop, folders, sat nav, wallet, keys, 2 phones, driving licence, mp3 player, calculator, pocket torch, swiss army knife, cycle tools and more besides), so not everyone will have my problem.

Another advantage this rucksack has over my old one, is that it has a sturdier and more stable base. My old one would keep falling over when heavily laden. No such issues with this one. I can also report that I'm able to fit my personal 17" laptop in the notebook compartment, when I'm not carrying my 16" work laptop.

The other main thing I've noticed is that, because its slimmer and generally more compact, it feels lighter, despite the fact I still cram loads of stuff into it and it sits better on my shoulders...even on 1 strap (the old one would slide off very easily).

In summary, I'm very pleased with this purchase.
on 8 December 2014
I've had one of these for a couple of years.

On the whole it's been great. I love all the compartments, and all the compartments within the compartments! I do *a lot* of business travelling, either with a very long and awkward daily commute (lots of train changes) or flying the globe. My bags need to be sturdy. This has lasted two years which is longer than most, but I was hoping it would have done longer. Even so, I'm not sure what's out there that's better, so I'll be buying it again.

First to go was a cosmetic thing - the outsides of the leather carrying handle rubbed away, which I thought looked pretty messy, but people reassured me the case still looked good/professional/smart/business-like. Now the shoulder strap and zips have failed. As the shoulder-strap isn't detachable, once it breaks off one side you have a problem that you can't close the bag properly.

But I know this is the result of serious daily punishment and most bags wouldn't have made it nearly so long. For instance, if I buy cheapish luggage for my business flying they last around 6 months, whereas if I go for something like sturdy Samsonite, I normally get 18 months out of it. So 35 months with this isn't at all bad, lugging around laptops and being stuffed full of papers..
on 14 October 2013
Lovely padded bag much better then the majority I'd looked at some the same price. While you might get away with a cheap bag for occasional use it's worth the extra for this one, well padded and loads of space. Looks a good finish as well which I hope will last.
I've a 17" laptop and fits no problem.
on 4 September 2011
I was hessitant to order this on line, because I wanted exactly the right bag to replace my laptop rucksack . I was delighted with this when I unpacked it -amazing value for money.

I wanted a back that looked professional (I'm meeting new people in a business context and needed some thing that looked smart but not old fasioned or stuffy and not like something a student would use.)

In practiacal terms I wanted something 'just the right size' not so small that I just holds a lap top some cables and a writing pad, but something that could also carry (believe it or not(!) ) a packed lunch, unbrella, bottle of water etc.

This proved to be pretty much perfect. things to watch out for; the shoulderstrap is not detachable. the phone pocked is too small for some phones (esp. new smartphones) but no biggy as there are plenty of pouches to stash things.
on 20 January 2014
Have had this bag around 3 months now, no errors or abnormalities to report. Did seem initially smaller than described when it came, however it has surprised me with how much it can actual capacity, its comfortability and stability.

When running to lectures bag does not bounce around or slow you down, it feels cleverly sits in the same place on your back during motion. Not painfully uncomfortable under extreme weights either (although anything heavy will feel heavy over time, however the bag straps do not dig into your shoulders when it is heavily weighted).

Bag has a large compartment in the middle which can accommodate two of my lever arch files and have space for a laptop charger, pencil case and additional books. The separate laptop compartment is a perfect fit for my laptop, can also squeeze a textbook or two in there along with the laptop and portable external hard drive. Even under extreme rain I have never had a leakage of water onto any of my possessions.

I'm somebody who has been through A LOT of bags (sometimes more than one a semester!) However I'd gladly buy this again if I needed a replacement and recommend it to anyone! (especially students).
on 9 March 2016
have used Wenger laptop bags before and I have been impressed. This product is really disappointing. The bag only Just stands upright by itself, it falls over easily. The main strap is not centrally placed and so the bag hangs at an angle. The main strap length adjusters are almost useless, strap length remains adjusted for about 5mins of carrying time before it lengthens again. The metal loops connecting main strap to carcass are not swivelled and metal loop twists so strap does not readily untwist. Carrying handles are covered in plastic which makes carrying quite hard on the hands.
on 13 March 2012
I decided to purchase this bag to accommodate my 17" laptop, this does it with ease. Lots of compartments and good solid strong stitching. Only down size I see is that the shoulder strap doesn't sit in the middle of the bag, consequently pulls to one size. Overall, though I would recommend this product for any business traveller.
on 31 March 2014
Whilst I will agree with most of the reviews in that it has a qulaity feel about it (at close to fifty pounds I would say that should be a given) I have to say I am a bit dissapointed with the bag, mainly because it has a annoying habit of falling over every time I put the thing down. The feet are practically useless because of their position on the base of the bag, the design of the bag is basically the Legacy Double model with an additional compartment stitched on the end. Instaed of moving the feet outboard to compensate for the additional compartment they have been left in the same location, hence evrytime I put the bag down it just rolls forward which gets really annoying when the surface that it is being placed on is dusty or dirty. Also the strap which has been mentioned by others could have been better designed, for one it is not removable and two when it gets twisted it has no facility to swivel so you hvae to manual untwist it, a small flaw but after a while it starts to grate. In short the bag has loads of room for my laptop, tablet, pads, camera, phone, chargers and al of the rest of the junk that I have to carry around so it ticks all of the boxes on that front but I am dissappointed that it doesnt do the simple things better. If there was a better choice or an alternative bag I dont think I would buy this bag again.

Updated Review
The bags lack of centre of gravity has got worse not better, I thought the problem may have been the way it was packed after manufacture and it would relax in time but the thing just wont stand up, if you put it down on any surface it falls over. The position of the feet don't marry up with size of the bag, the additional compartment is an afterthought, hence why it falls over. Another reviewer mentioned the bag spilling its contents due to the way the zips are designed, well mine done the same the result of which was my Samsung Galaxy Note Pad dropping out of the bag and bouncing onto the floor. Not good. I have lost count of the number of times it has fallen off the office desk, it is just plain poor. I previously said this bag was good but flawed, I have changed this to just plain flawed. If I could I would return it and swap it for a better design. Avoid, there are better bags out there I wish I listened to the reviews.