Format: Audio CD|Change

on 2 December 2010
First things first: As a two piece guitar & drums combo, you will always be slightly limited as to where you can take your sound, and if there is one criticism of MCR, that could be it.

That said, if you are a one trick pony, make it a good trick. And these guys do. This is definitely a step on from the "25 years" mini album, and songs like Busy Bein Born, New Low & One Debt Away have minor-classic potential. Think Perry Farrell/Chris Cornell over Queens/Lightning Bolt type guitar work and you are along the right lines.

It sounds way bigger than a two-piece does /should and that is down to dual vocals, decent production and enough FX pedals to fill Denmark Street. The looping, delaying and riffing are impressive and I've seen them live so know it works well there too. Given the way that everyone seems to lose the plot over the White Stripes (unjustifiably so in my view), these guys are doing a heavier version better and should get more of people's time.
on 12 January 2011
I know this band for a few years now and have seen them live on their EU tour with The Bronx a few years back. I also own all their EPs so I couldn't wait for their first full-length album. Although a few tracks had been released before on their various EPs this album still holds a couple of new songs for you. I ordered the Vinyl LP which comes in a fantastic double 12" on clear vinyl gatefold-package. No lyrics included unfortunately.
It's amazing how these 2 guys write and perform songs with such a variety - even live on stage!
There was a good reason they were named one of the bands to watch in 2009.

P.S.: the drummers huge chest tattoo is already a classic ("FOR SALE")

Edit: Vinyl comes with a download code too!
on 12 February 2011
A brilliant CD. Listen to it a few times and you will be singing along.
A great 2 piece band, cant wait to they come to the UK, so I can see them live.
on 10 January 2013
This album is incredible, and the band are like a breath of fresh air. Hard, noisy, original, textured. I haven't been as excited by a band since the late 80s when I first heard Nirvana.
on 12 January 2011
I heard the single 'New low' on the radio, bought the album and I was stunned. Check out their website and watch the video.