5.0 out of 5 stars It's hard to find a good mouse these days
Published on 10 Feb 2012 by Davidt701

3.0 out of 5 stars Perfectly fine; for doing nothing but the most simple tasks.
Published on 9 Oct 2011 by Kieran Manners

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars It's hard to find a good mouse these days, 10 Feb 2012
This review is from: Microsoft Wireless Mobile Mouse 3500 - Imperial Purple (discontinued by manufacturer) (Accessory)
A mouse is an important investment for anyone that uses a PC all day long. It's such an emotive little thing and over the years I have struggled to find one that really suited me. Wired ones are a pain as they get in a tangle and cheaper wireless ones usually have poor dmi or in the case of a previous purchase only seem to work on a mouse mat. I was very impressed with thie mouse and its an all round winner. The most impressive part is the ability to use the mouse on nearly any service, which is essential if you are like me and work from various locations. If you want a wireless mouse and it has to be good quality, then you want this mouse. It's even purple if that suits your taste :-)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, 29 Mar 2011
More plum coloured than the purple it looks on the web but its great. Attractive and functional and arrived v promptly. Have recommended to friends who have also been buying this product.

3.0 out of 5 stars Perfectly fine; for doing nothing but the most simple tasks., 9 Oct 2011
I was very impressed when I first received this mouse; no installation was required on either my mac or windows computers, the wireless dongle was recognised instantly with no issue, and input was detected as soon as the mouse itself was turned on. Movement was smooth and just as responsive as with a wired mouse. Unfortunately, as soon as any software at all that captures mouse input was opened (things such as photoshop, and almost all games) the cursor stuttered and dragged so as to become unusable. I have tested this mouse on a range of computers and it functions identically on all of them.

2.0 out of 5 stars Nice but jumpy, 26 Jan 2012
It's been over a month since I became a user of this mouse and it's high time for a few words of my opinion. The device is really stylish, the color nice, good quality plastic, rubber coating on both sides is practical. The light at the top signaling poor battery looks awesome (it turns on for a few sec after switching the mouse on; so far the battery level is high so I didn't check how this indicator works when it's time to light up, but it's so nice that I sometimes turn the mouse off and on to see it). The transceiver hides nicely in the slot on the bottom and you need to press a special button to release it, so you won't lose it accidentally. Scrolling works fine.

Now, 2 drawbacks. First one could be a minor one, but finding a solution took me a few hours of googling and trying. The mouse wakes up my laptop every time I move it, not only in Sleep mode, but also from hibernation, can you believe it? The transceiver is not connected to the "sleep&charge" USB ports, so I really don't know how this is happening. I disabled "Allow this device to wake the computer", but it wouldn't help. The trick is you have to disable this checkbox not only for a mouse, but also for "HID Keyboard Device", though MS doesn't mention the transceiver works for both types of devices. Anyway, that solved the issue.

The second drawback is going to stay with this Microsoft product for good - despite featuring blue LED that's supposed to work on virtually any surface, it works very poorly on a simple slip of white paper! My 6-yrs old MS mouse does much better in that department. If the paper has lines, the mouse pointer will start to jump and freeze. White table - the same problem.

To sum it up, despite really nice design and build quality, I wouldn't recommend this mouse.

5.0 out of 5 stars Slow delivery but worth the wait, 15 Oct 2011
Martin J. Stanton (Lutterworth, Leicestershire United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
Despite the package being despatched promptly by the seller it took 9 days to get to me - thanks Royal Mail - another world beating performance !

The mouse is everything you would expect from MS - I like the way that the USB receiver fits into the mouse for transportation and the fact that there is an on/off switch to preserve battery life.

The bluelight does seem to work on almost every surface - even very smooth or featureless ones.

For the price - this has got to be difficult to beat.

The purple isn't quite as loud as it appears in the pictures - looks quite classy IMO.

4.0 out of 5 stars A good little mouse, 10 Sep 2011
I bought this to replace my beloved Logitech lefthanded mouse after an inconsiderate robber stole my laptop with the receiver still in the side. I had looked for a replacement receiver but discovered it was cheaper (and faster) just to replace the mouse.

I must say for it's size this is a good wee mouse.

The receiver works well but i would say it works much better if you put the receiver into the computer before you start it up otherwise you'll have to wait for th drivers to install. A minor inconvenience but worth bearing in mind.

I can quite happily use this mouse in either hand and it's easy enough to flip the buttons in the computer settings.

I do find the feel a little plasticky but I'm sure I'll get used to it eventually.

The scroll wheel is a little stiff and you need to be quite firm when scrolling - but not too firm or you'll scroll to far.

I like that there is a "garage" for the receiver in the bottom of the mouse with a little push button to eject it when you need it. Some of the other models I have used, you have to lift the casing to store the receiver which can be a bit of a fiddle when you are in a hurry.

This model has a blue laser rather than the usual red which I find works a little better on some surfaces like wood.

All in all it's a nice compact, easy to use mouse.

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to use, 8 May 2014
I had some wireless mobile mouses and it is the best one. I love purple and it is really easy to use.

4.0 out of 5 stars Looks great, 1 Jan 2014
Looks great was bought with purple butterfly mouse pad and matched really well, works well but you would expect that as its Microsoft.
I Would recommend this product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable and nice 'click', 1 Jan 2014
Purchased for my wife for Xmas and her new laptop. The mouse feels very nice in the palm, it's small and works perfectly on most flat surfaces we've been using it on. There's a on/off switch which is important, the mouse glides smoothly and the 'click' of the buttons feels very good under the fingertip. The roller action is positive with a very stable feel and moves in notches as opposed to completely freely. Very nice product.

5.0 out of 5 stars No problems!, 29 Nov 2013
It's a lot smaller than I thought but it was perfectly sized for the person it was bought for. Great product, great delivery!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›