5.0 out of 5 stars Best bit of tech kit for the traveller
If you travel, and you hate to have the lump of a mouse in your briefcase or bag...this is the answer. It folds so flat that you can barely notice it in your bag, the reciever is so small that you never need to remove it, and it works very, very well as a mouse to boot.

Published on 29 July 2011 by Robert Hill

3.0 out of 5 stars Microsoft Arc Touch mouse
Good & Bad points for this mouse:

Good points:
Looks nice.
folds flat for easy storage
Scroll button has slight vibration & noise feedback, which is a good response for a flat scroll button.

Bad points:
There is only 1 upright position (I assumed I could set it at different heights to adjust for my wrist- maybe my mistake)...
Published on 24 Dec 2010 by D. J. Weston

5.0 out of 5 stars Best bit of tech kit for the traveller, 29 July 2011
Robert Hill "R L Hill" (London) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Microsoft Arc Touch Mouse (Electronics)

Having said that - it's just incredibly COOL. The articulation of the folding mechanism is something that 20 years ago would have been science fiction. The touchpad works very well also, and the fake "click click click" as you scroll via the touchpad is a nice touch. It also tracks on reflective white desktops that few other mice will.

Really, it's a great product - everyone in my office went "OOOH" when I unwrapped it and demoed it. Your opinion of MS software should not cloud you from admiring their hardware...having said that, the worst thing about this is that it only works on Windows, not Mac.

3.0 out of 5 stars Microsoft Arc Touch mouse, 24 Dec 2010
D. J. Weston (UK) - See all my reviews
Good & Bad points for this mouse:

Good points:
Looks nice.
folds flat for easy storage

Bad points:
It can rock a bit from side to side due to the design, so not as stable as other mice. I did not like this fact.
It needs a hard surface to work best on -with a soft mouse pad it tended to dig in when pressure was applied, making it harder work.
The buttons although responsive, needed a firm, very slight movement - I felt like I was clicking using the top of my shoulder more ...maybe that was just my feeling about it.

Overall greal for travel and only a short while on the computer, but could not use for work as it was more tiring to use and slowed me down. I am staying with my original mouse.

5.0 out of 5 stars Unique and Impressive, 16 Dec 2011
Vendek (London, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Microsoft Arc Touch Mouse (Electronics)
This is truly one of my favourite gadgets and is an instant hit with anyone I show it to. Very good build quality, durable, no complaints regarding battery life.
Incredible design. I only have a few gripes about the buttons being a tad stiff but I think they're wearing in now so this is no longer as much of an issue. Additionally I found that the software has to be tweaked quite accurately for proper and more detailed work to be done.
Overall, I would definetely recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Pleased, 9 Jun 2012
This review is from: Microsoft Arc Touch Mouse (Electronics)
If you like the look of this mouse, do not hesitate to buy it. It looks even better on the desk. ( I have also ordered the Microsoft Arc Keyboard which despite being on next day delivery - HDNL chose not to deliver it despite being loaded into the van with no delivery attempt ) However the Mouse was delivered next day delivery with Royal Mail which did come.

I have been using the Arc mouse all day now, and for once, my wrist isn't hurting. The most comfortable mouse I have ever used. It has a very nice feel to it, portraying a nicely built product.

The touch controls for scroll/middle click are all very fluid and sensitive. ( of course you can change the sensitivity settings with Microsoft Mouse settings which will automatically download and install as long as your using Windows 7 ) The haptic feedback is excellent and it honestly feels like your scrolling an actual scroll wheel. This can also be turned off.

I also use Ubuntu 12.04. I have not used the Arc mouse in Ubuntu just yet so I can't comment on OS compatibility.

To turn it on you "bend" it to shape, don't be put off by the 'sound' of bending the mouse. It also contours to the shape of your palm nicely.

So overall, I'm very pleased with the Arc Mouse and would not hesitate to recommend it.

Cheers!

5.0 out of 5 stars Everyday mouse perfect for the everyday traveler., 18 Aug 2011
N. McDonald "Archer" (London, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Microsoft Arc Touch Mouse (Electronics)
My experience using the Microsoft Arc Touch Mouse so far has been absolutely amazing. The overall look and feel of the device is very, very, modern and is something that people ten or even five years ago would have considered a futuristic device. Firstly the fold-down to turn off mechanism is extremely sturdy and has a number of metallic plates inserted so most persons will not have to worry about it snapping in half or breaking. What surprised me the most was the scroll area which has haptic feedback. When I first ran my finger over it, it actually felt as if I was using a traditional scroll wheel and the sound also mimics the speed at which you flick it. I've actually turned it off on mine, not because I don't like it, but because I prefer input devices to be unnoticeable when needed rather than a distraction. However as much as I have used this one thing does not go away, and that is the bewilderment and awe in people's eyes when they see it in person. Lastly, the mouse is great size and almost feels moulded to fit my hand. When compared to other non-gaming mice, wired or wireless, this is definitely a keeper.

5.0 out of 5 stars Arc Touch, 6 Mar 2012
This review is from: Microsoft Arc Touch Mouse (Electronics)
I need to use my PC a lot, so a mouse selection is a very important process for me. So far, the Arc Touch is one of the best I have ever used. Great and neat design, excellent motion response and it feels comfy when you use it. Definitely a must-have accessory.

4.0 out of 5 stars Works with Ubuntu!, 8 Oct 2011
This review is from: Microsoft Arc Touch Mouse (Electronics)
I purchased this mouse to use with my Lenovo X220 running Ubuntu (11.04 'Natty').

The mouse ships with batteries and a USB receiver. I unpacked the mouse, placed the batteries, plugged in the USB receiver and "snapped" it to power it up. It worked immediately with Ubuntu without any further set-up or tweaking.

The mouse is very light, fully functional, stylish and a pleasure to use. For reference, the other pointing device that I use is an Apple Magic Mouse. The Microsoft Arc Touch Mouse is a great desktop or travel mouse.

3.0 out of 5 stars Looks can be deceiving, 5 Dec 2011
This review is from: Microsoft Arc Touch Mouse (Electronics)
The mouse looks fantastic, but having owned the original Microsoft Arc Mouse, I am a little disappointed in this mouse,especially the responsiveness. The mouse itself looks the business, really nice size, comfortable, the keys get some getting used to as they feel just a fingertip stretch too far, but i soon have got the hang of it. More recently i have felt that the mouse doesnt seem to respond or send signals well - i have to straighten it out and then arc it up again - almost as if resetting it, which is slowly becoming annoying!

overall, i think it looks a lot nicer than it is to use, so personally, in hindsight, I wish i had bought the original Arc again

The only plus i can think of right now is the scrolling function being touch sensitive means you can scroll many rows in one swift finger flick, which is useful when using spreadsheets

4.0 out of 5 stars Stylish, Practical - Just a little different, 6 Nov 2011
P. Bromley (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Microsoft Arc Touch Mouse (Electronics)
The most striking feature of this futuristic 'mouse' is its completely unique design. The concept of making it fit the hand is not new but achieving this by combining the on/off switch into the 'bend' which creates the arc is extremely clever. THis gives the Arc several realadvantages - firstly it allows it to be stored flat making it ideal for transporting in the laptop bag. Secondly it hepsyou to bemember to turn it off lengthening the batery life. I like too the very small receiver. It canbe kept with the mouse in transit by magnet but is smallenough to leave in the USB port evenwhen its in a laptop bag.

But the best feature by far is the BlueTrack laser which means this mouse will work on practically any surface (apart from clear glass as far as I can determine) andas thatswhat you actually want it to do - its brilliant.

The one area which did take a little time to get used to was the centre button. It uses a series of taps and swipes to produce several different functions. When usigit as a 'scroll wheel' Ilike the tactile vibration feature with audible click (like the old Playstation rumble controller) which gives you feedback of it working.

I think the only additionI'd make to the mouse wouldbe programmable buttons on the edges - common on many already, programmable buttons can be most helpful and there is certainly space for this on the Arc.

So - overall excellent, potential for dvelopment which may mean a new version will appear soon, a little time needed to learn but it has excellent performance and is a pleasing purchase which your friends will see and want almost immediately!

2.0 out of 5 stars Really bad mouse, 9 Nov 2011
This review is from: Microsoft Arc Touch Mouse (Electronics)
I'm a design engineer and buoyed with the performance of the previous Microsoft ARC mouse, I bought this assuming it would be as good. It is at best awful frustrating and ergonomically useless.

On the plus side, it looks cool and has a great wow factor...

However the middle mouse button requires a double tap to engage, which is more miss than hit, the scanning of the optic is shaky so when you click on your desired target it can 'flicker' onto another random target close by, for me as a designer, this is worse than a waste of money, it leaves me with sore fingers after use, doesn't click on what I want and generally is an unsatisfying product.

Given the choice I'd have invested in chewing crayons instead

Microsoft Arc Touch Mouse