5.0 out of 5 stars Straight To The Front Of The Queue
Now here's a strong debut to light up the night sky!
'Gossip Girl' girl Taylor Momsen adds another string
to her bow and demonstrates an innate understanding of
the inner-workings of edgy urban pop-rock with a punky
twist. This tight little NYC quartet have delivered a vibrant
and energising collection of ten tracks all of which stand up...
Published on 1 Sep 2010 by The Wolf

3.0 out of 5 stars Too short for more stars
The quality of the songs deserves four stars (and three of them are 5 star riff-driven magic!), but at just over half an hour long (it's about 35 minutes), there's just not enough of them on here to justify giving it 4/5.
Published 6 months ago by DoctorRock

‹ Previous | 1 2 38 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars Too short for more stars, 1 May 2014

4.0 out of 5 stars Guilty pleasure, 4 April 2014
This review is from: Light Me Up (Audio CD)
Ignore the hype over Gossip Girl and just listen to the music. It isn't ground-breaking, but it is good fun and she has a satisfyingly growly voice.

5.0 out of 5 stars great album, 20 Dec 2013
This review is from: Light Me Up (Audio CD)
purchased this on a whim, as i like paramore and flyleaf. really great cd, havent taken it out my car.

5.0 out of 5 stars AMAZING CD, 7 Nov 2013
This review is from: Light Me Up (Audio CD)
Amazing album, great songs. I know every lyric! defiantly worth buying! The pretty reckless rule!!
very good purchase indeed :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Thank you, 15 Sep 2013
This review is from: Light Me Up (Audio CD)
Thank you so much, it came in a brilliant condition and it came very fast :) Sorry for the late review. I give you a 5 out of 5 hands down.

5.0 out of 5 stars stunning, 8 Sep 2013
This review is from: Light Me Up (Audio CD)
I have loved this band since I first them a few years ago Taylor is the New Marianne faithfull so talented and mesmerizing great vocals great songs I would highly recommended this album hard to believe she was so young recording this

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Rock Album In A LONG TIME., 23 July 2013
This review is from: Light Me Up (MP3 Download)
I first heard of The Pretty Reckless when they were putting out their first demo tracks and instantly fell in love with Miss Momsens rich, heady voice. I adore the fact she writes the lyrics and music herself and her voice is genuinely perfect for the music. It is a warm, seductive rasp. The lyrics themselves are brilliant and so is the music. I have loved this album for a long time and will for a lot longer. Bellow is a brief review of the tracks.

1: My Medicine: This song is literally the perfect album opener. It has a nice groove to it, it's very funky and very old school Rock n' Roll. Great vocals and instruments. 5/5

2: Since You're Gone: This is not my favorite track of the album but on any other rock album it would be a stand out track. Good rhythm but the lyrics are a bit cliche for me. 3.5/5

3: Make Me Wanna Die: This is probably the first track by The Pretty Reckless most people heard, and it won them a lot of fans. The lyrics are dark and it has a seedy vibe to it. Again very old school rock. This is a very unique song that I really love. 5/5.

4: Light Me Up: The title track of the album, this has quite a country vibe to it, which I love. I love the lyrics, the vocals and everything else that goes with it. It is a brilliant song. 5/5

5: Just Tonight: This is one of my favorite songs on the album. It is very dark and hypnotic. Taylor's voice works brilliantly. It is very emotional and raw. Without any doubt 5/5.

6: Miss Nothing: Another single, I wasn't originally over keen on this song but it really has grown on me. It is an amazing song for when you're in a bad mood. So with that in mind I'll probably give it a 4/5.

7: Goin Down: A song about sexual relations with a priest after killing someone? Well...Why not? Unsurprisingly it is a unique concept but it works very well. "Well hey there father I don't mean to bother you but I have a sin to confess, I'm just 16, if you know what I mean, do you mind if I take of my dress?" You may wish to skip this track if you a religious but I personally love it. Another 5/5.

8: Nothing Left To Loose: Another country vibe track, I do really love this track and it slows the album down nicely after the very fast Goin Down. I'd probably give it a 4.5/5.

9: Factory Girl: WOW. This track is actually amazing. It is sleazy and rhythm driven. It is everything you'd want from an old school rock album. It is great fun and without a doubt my favorite track from this amazing album. 5/5.

10: You: This is probably the weakest track on the record but it is still very good. It is a very soothing balled that shows the softer side of Taylor's voice. But very sadly it doesn't match the sheer brilliance of the rest of the album. 3/5.

5.0 out of 5 stars my review, 3 July 2013
This review is from: Light Me Up (Audio CD)
I chose the rating as it fits the group and I can not wait to get the other albums of theres and my friends feel the same

5.0 out of 5 stars Cindy Lou?, 26 Jun 2013
Ciarian F. J. Miles (Tunbridge Wells, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Light Me Up (Audio CD)
A great Debut album I personally loved Miss Nothing, My only dislike is the fact it wasn't long enough as the American and Japanese versions have more songs

5.0 out of 5 stars New band to follow, 22 Jun 2013
This review is from: Light Me Up (Audio CD)
This album has some great songs, and the more i listen to it the better it gets. A great addition to my collection and a band I will enjoy following.

‹ Previous | 1 2 38 | Next ›

Light Me Up
Light Me Up by The Pretty Reckless (Audio CD - 2010)