5.0 out of 5 stars Superb bargain
I had the first Assassin's Creed but hardly played on it. I will have to revisit it now, but it is not the same as this one.

This is wonderfully crafted and pretty enthralling from the start. The graphics, once you get to renaissance Italy are absolutely superb.

Published on 16 Sep 2010 by Holmsey from Yorkshire

3.0 out of 5 stars not as enjoyable as the 1st
great game good graphics gameplay but i did not enjoy as much as the 1st storyline but i will play it for the story and continue the series
Published 12 months ago by az n gill

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb bargain, 16 Sep 2010
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Assassins Creed II: Game of The Year - Classics Edition (Xbox 360) (Video Game)

The missions are varied (unlike the first) and the game reminded me very much of Batman Arkham Asylum- which was a game I bought cheap not really expecting much and it turned out to be probably the greatest game I have ever played.

Whether this is quite up to the Batman game, only time will tell, but after about 6 hours play I can definately confirm it is in my top 5 Xbox games- and I have about 45 of them.

This has the downloadable extra missions, although I think they are on the actual disc (no mention in instructions) and I think therefore you do not need Xbox live to get them- but sorry if I have got that wrong. I think they are just tagged onto the end as the final two acts.

It also has some secret locations.

So for under 15 quid (or even under 20) you simply cannot go wrong with this finely crafted and superb piece of software- and do not let the first one put you off- this is a totally different 'kettle of fish' as they say.

UPDATE: Spent hours on this game- most games I buy I hardly play as I do not have the time. This one I actually managed to get 960 achievements! Wonderful game, about up to standard of Batman AA. Bargain at this price. The additional content is automatically played as a continuing piece in the story before the final act.

5.0 out of 5 stars Assassin's Creed II: the best game in my opinion, 21 Dec 2011
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
If you have never played on Assasin's Creed then you are missing out on one of the biggest and best franchises at this time. If you havn't played on AC1 (like me) then I feel that it is very easy to step into the role of Ezio Auditore (the main character). The controls are simple and easy to pick up, even when it comes to bigger and better moves, they still are easy to pick up. #possible spoiler# at a later stage you can learn even better moves at a high price, but the only bonus is the great cut scene!

I absolutly love the historical accuracy in this game. The anciant town plans are done according to sight plans, and the story is realistic for that time.

you will feel yourself really get pulled into this game, and so whenever you have time I would expect you to have a go. the one bad thing about AC2 is that it is relativly easy (my opinion) and I found no difficulty adjustment.

the missions are fun, but occasional accidents may lead to you having to go out of your way to escape notority.

Money is pretty easy to get on AC2. Once you have gone to the villa, and have maxed out the city you will be able to get lots of money every 20 mins.

I finished this game in 3 weeks by playing on it once a day. Thuroughly recomend. the cut scenes are one of the best bits. for tips on getting money up just send a message to me. there are no cheats (because they are not needed) but to get the best experience I would recomend using my tips!
(sorry for any gramatical errors)

5.0 out of 5 stars comments from grey gamer., 30 Dec 2010
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This is the best game I have done so far. Fantastic graphics and a game that took me over 70 hours to complete! hows that for value. If you are not keen on mild violence, then don't purchase, there is a lot of killing, but wow what a game. Just when you think you are coming to the end of the game another section opens up, and off you go again. As with most games like this, they are slow to start, but you will not be disappointed with it, and no wonder you say game of the year. Can't wait for the nex't one.

4.0 out of 5 stars A good improvement, 23 Nov 2011
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
While i did like the first assassins creed, i felt it got too boring and that the mission seemed to all be the same in some way or another. Assassins creed 2 is a really big improvement from the first. While it does have a similar appearance, there is a big improvement in the depth of the missions and extra activities. Also the graphics are a lot better.

5.0 out of 5 stars AC:2 is The game, 4 Jun 2011
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
Having been a fan of the first AC (which I have on my laptop) I decided to go for AC:2 (Game Of The Year). Available for a knock out price new, item arrived quickly & all sealed up. The game itself is facinating & whilst it is early days having just purchased the game I can see this will be a delight for many years (I would consider myself not even a casuel gamer). This feels a bit like a medieval graphic novel come to life with an historical fantasy element to it. The graphics are very good, but I feel I have seen better (Gears Of War for instance) but this is a miner quibble.

If you have been thinking (but was unsure) of delving into the wonderful world of our ezio then all I can say is if you are into history & swashbuckling (like me) you will be in game heaven, in no other medium can you explore a world be it Sci-Fi or in this case medieval Italy & with the exception of a couple of elements feel you are there. With AC: Brotherhood Classics just round the corner (not to mention "Revelations") us AC fans are being spoilt rotten. Review submitted by Major Easy (Simply Browns`s partner).

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful, 15 April 2011
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
Ah, glorious renaissance Italy, a world where you can jump across streets, knock people with crates over, beat random people up, and gorily assassinate those who stand against you. The immortality in this game you feel is unbelievable and after completing the campaign, the replay-ability comes in and I decided to try to get: every feather, every view point, every treasure, every xbox achievement. Fantastic fun for maybe not the entire family, it well deserves the 15 rating.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice game from lame Ubisoft, 1 Feb 2011
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
Second game from Assassin family is much better than first. Sound isn't irritating any more, we get more cities and places, weapons, people, etc. We also get more complex scenario but we haven't any impact how things ends. Still game is very good, long and varied (there isn't only stilling, assassinations and eavesdropping).

Thing which I don't like about this production is menu language. Even if You buy English version but You live in other country than UK, then if You like it or not You have all menus and subtitles in language where Your console actually is placed and You cannot change that.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow Fantastic, 25 Nov 2010
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I didn't play the original AC as i only got an xbox in august, but having just completed Batman AA (One of the best games i've played ever) i was looking for a game of a similar type and standard and having read other reviews i decided to go for assassins creed 2 and how right thoose reviews proved to be.
However i would also note this game has a lot in common with the GTA games in its mission based structure and side missions etc. this game has a fantastic flow to it and and well structured learning curve that allows you to master the skills required as you progress. the additional content on this version adds longjeverty and the bonfire episode is the better of the two.
overall purely from a personal point of view it has to be the most visually pleasing game i have ever played and because of this coupled with the enjoyment of playing it i would have to put this alongside Batman as the two best games i have ever played.

next stop the brotherhood!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Game: 5 Stars - Ubisoft: 0., 29 Aug 2014
Philip Griffiths "BookWurm" (Mordor) - See all my reviews
I started playing this on PC but Ubisoft was such a pain when I had to reinstall it that I gave up. So it's a shame that I can't comment on the actual gameplay as I didn't get very far before my laptop crashed (no fault of the game), but what I did play was magnificent. It's also a good introduction to Italian language :-)
Will be glad to buy the Xbox version now so I can happily carry on from where I left off. Given it 5 stars for the amount I DID play. My 'Ubisoft' experience could have lowered it a little but that would be detracting from the actual gameplay.

4.0 out of 5 stars Awesome game, BUT..........., 26 Jan 2011
Sj Cook (london) - See all my reviews
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
If like me you completed the original version, you're gonna have to throw away all that hard work because the old save is incompatible with the GOTY edition. Having reached Sequence 7 on my new save i was unable to access the lairs which we're told can be accessed from sequence 4 onwards. Having spent hours trying to access the lair i got in touch with ubisoft support. They pointed out the incompatability issue and told me i needed to delete my old save and the game from memory.
I replied that i'd spent ages getting that save which was nearly 100% complete, and could they not just send me the access codes as they did before this release. The response was....No codes, just delete your save if you want the lairs! Grudgingly, and very reluctantly i did this (including my new save - in case it's proximity to the old save had corrupted it!) although i couldn't delete the game from my hard drive as i play it from disc, so nothing to delete there.....
Replay game.... get as far as Sequence 12 and surprise surprise....No lair access. Send another msg to helpdesk and wait......
Latest response is that i should have 'cleared the cache' before i started (is that what they meant by the rather vague 'delete game from hard drive'?), oh and these lairs are not accessible until you reach sequence 12, despite all the information they've previously given out that the lairs were accessible after completing sequences 4,7 & 10.
So, despite buying this game a second time, playing through it time after time, i'm still unable to get what was promised on the box. The two chapters of DLC are fine, but imho they should never have been removed from the game in the first place.
But if you've never played AC2 before, get this game. It's one of the best games available on the 360. Having said that, if you've played the original version....BEWARE!