Flavour: Chocolate, Raisin and Hazelnut|Change

on 8 December 2013
When it comes to protein bars, the first things that you must realise when you compare them to ordinary chocolate bars is:

a) They contain a significant amount of protein which makes them chewy
b) They contain better quality ingredients and have less sugar which means they don't taste as nice
c) They are a lot more expensive

Now thats is out of the way, let's gets back to the review.

I have tasted nearly all the protein bars out there so I have learnt what good value is when I consider ingredients, taste, price, flavour & texture.

These bars are hazelnut flavoured flapjacks and they taste surprisingly nice. They have sufficient calories (328 Kcal per bar) which makes them a good meal replacement or a protein bar to bulk up your daily protein requirement (22.3g protein per bar).

They also contain CLA, Probiotics and creatinine (In smaller amounts).

Nutritional information per 100g

Energy = 1528 KJ
Protein = 24.7g
Carbohydrate = 49.0g (5.0g sugars, 17.5g polyols
Fat = 10.8g (3.9g saturated)
CLA = 1.14g
Fibre = 3.5g
Sodium = 0.032g
Creatinine Monohydrate = 1.14g
Probiotics = 154 million cultures (Bacteria name = Bacillus Coagulans)

When purchased on their own, these bars are expensive, however when purchased in a box of 12,they offer very good value for money at just over a £1 each.

If you are thinking about buying these bars just to add calories to your meal plan but only plan to eat them when you are home, it would be much cheaper having this type of ingredient in powder form (Meal replacement powder, not protein powder). It would cost you less and you would be getting more calories, carbs, fat, protein and fibre (You could adjust calories accordingly to suit your requirement. Less powder added = Less calories).

However if you want to increase your calories whilst on the go (Bus driver, Electrician, Mobile fitness instructor, salesman etc) and you do not have a canteen etc to make a powder then these are perfect.

I personally use them just after my gym session as I have a 45 min drive home, when I go on a hike / climb or when I am in work sitting at my desk when I know I won't have time to eat lunch properly.

In summary: A nice tasting, nice textured protein / meal replacement bar with plenty of healthy calories.
Given the price, taste & ingredients compared to rival products, these bars offer very good value for money.

Highly recommended.

Feedback:
If you wish to provide feedback on this review then please follow the link below.

Thanks
on 2 March 2011
The nutrition in these flapjack bars is great, plenty of protein and creatine also to aid you in building muscle. After a while you also get used to the taste, however it is something of an acquired one.

The bars aren't really like normal flapjack, they break apart in your mouth as you eat them as the flapjack does not go well with the extra protein that has been added. I can cope with this, but I imagine those that want something tastier after their gym session would not be able to.

The main problem is the price, I'd go for the promax bars which cost about 20p less.

Not a bad buy, but better options.
on 6 July 2015
I only buy these bars when they are at a good price, they are very nutritious and are great as a small meal replacement when I am out and about. I prefer white chocolate/berry flavour and I also sometimes have these as an alternative to a protein shake before bedtime as it saves me having to get up for the toilet in the middle of the night.
on 16 July 2015
very tasty! Quality bars! Will be buying again! Well packaged. Thank you !
on 9 January 2016
Now this Maxi nutrition Does a fantastic job and great snack that fulfills you every day for all you're gain needs this works wonders. Bettween meals and before and Arfter work outs. If fills you up and for many. Years. Now I can say. I used this brand and any of there product do the job
on 13 December 2015
I've tried plenty of protein bars over the years and these are undoubtedly the best on the market, for my needs that I have found. Quality ingredients, right amount of kcals, carbs, protein,fats and NOT filled up with SUGAR!!
Excellent, I will definitely buy and buy again.
on 7 November 2015
I haven't tried many flapjack bars, but I wouldn't recommend this one based on its taste alone. Very dry, powdery, quite sour and unsatisfying.

You'll find that you have to wash it down with something almost immediately. Go for something else.
on 9 September 2015
Bought these for the extra carbs and packed with barely any sugar, the extras such as creatine are a great addition too.
As to be expected yes these as quite dry but no inedible, I'd suggest a glass of milk if your struggling to get them down!
on 29 April 2016
Great product, great value and I would highly recommend. Product was received free or at a discounted rate to give a fair, unbiased review.
on 3 March 2016
Not bad give you extra protein if you doing hard work 21 g protien flapjacks nice if you count your daily protein it's helps you

See one answered question