5.0 out of 5 stars this modern glitch wombats review
I love everything about this band and thier quirky nothern-ness comes across perfectly in this album. I went to see them in Bristol in March earlier this year and they were awesome :) I can safely say that there is not a track on this album that i do not love.
Published on 30 Jun 2011 by vicky_h

3.0 out of 5 stars Wombats shwombats
Purchased the album to listen to Techno Fan and a few others.
Well worth the money although not a classic album it will feature in my repeat listen to list and be played whilst driving.
Most of the songs are fairly average actually, nothing special but nothing rubbish either.
Published on 9 Nov 2011 by Bertrum

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars this modern glitch wombats review, 30 Jun 2011
This review is from: This Modern Glitch (Audio CD)

5.0 out of 5 stars Will There be a Better Indie Album of this Decade?, 16 May 2012
This review is from: This Modern Glitch (Audio CD)
Wow... just wow. I'd never heard the wombats before Amazon recommended 'Techno Fan', and naturally, I was interested by their name - 'The Wombats'. Gimicky it may sound, but gimicky they're not. Their music is serious stuff that everyone will be able to relate to and understand it. I would truly recommend this album to anyone who has a good taste in music and are open minded about about music they listen to. If you thought 'The Killers' album 'Hot Fuss' was brilliant then this already has your name on it as it is a real indie classic.

'The Wombats' songs are reminiscent, nostalgic and served up with a dry, angry, sadistic humour that you're bound to agree with and love. The singles ('Tokyo', 'Jump into the Fog', 'Anti-D' and 'Techno Fan') are fantastic with trmendous choruses. The brilliance doesn't end there though, as 'Perfect Disease', '1996' and 'Walking Disaster' will fill you with blissful nostalgia so that you'll never forget them.

However, I personally found that the absolutely storming tracks overshadowed others... although this is not to say their bad. For example. 'Last Night I Dreamt...' (a song about someone dreaming that they died alone when they're older) can surpass the description of melancholic, possibly causing you to crash your car into a primary school; just to lighten the mood. But maybe one day when your really down in the dumps you may really be able to connect with this track.

Despite this, I don't think that this should put you off as all of the songs are up-tempo and most are faultless and shamefully under rated.

4.0 out of 5 stars Worth a purchase, 10 May 2011
Mr. S. Williamson (Leicester, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: This Modern Glitch (Audio CD)
Don't get me wrong, this is a good album but does not reach the dizzying heights that their debut album ascended to. The new wave energy so evident on their first attempt seems to have been quenched a little. Can't really say that I'm a massive fan of Anti-D and find it a curious choice for a single. But having said that it's still very wombatty and will be played over the summer.

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely love this album, 27 Jun 2014
This review is from: This Modern Glitch (Audio CD)
and in my opinion, much, much better than the first. One thing I love about The Wombats is the ability to relate to their lyrics. I feel they write about things that everyone can understand at some point. 1996 is a particularly good song lyric wise, and hits a chord about growing older! I can't list off the best songs, because I like them all. They are all catchy and well written. They are one of my favourite bands and this album cemented that fact for me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good, 15 Dec 2013
This review is from: This Modern Glitch (Audio CD)
Really like the album, overall I think it is well made, good lyrics and instruments (especially the synth). Kind of didn't like/understand the last track (Schumacher The Champagne)...although good price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Follow Up, 25 Oct 2013
I was quite dubious about buying this album after their excellent first album and when I heard the first single from it I wasn't impressed, so I left it! However I am glad to say that this is an excellent follow up album. Not many bands nowadays make good follow up albums but these boys have done that in my mind. Really enjoying it!
The Wombats rock!

5.0 out of 5 stars Don't even think about it - Just buy it if you love original and lyrically clever music, 22 Mar 2013
This review is from: This Modern Glitch (Audio CD)
Ok, this album may take a few listens (with the exception of the singles) but the effort is well worthwhile. No fillers, just a set of fantastic, original and thoughtful tracks. If you want indie you need this!

5.0 out of 5 stars It is good, 18 Mar 2013
John Neale (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: This Modern Glitch (Audio CD)
If you want to buy music then this is one CD you should buy.
The Wombats are better than many other bands.
So I suggest you try it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant second album!, 9 Jan 2013
This review is from: This Modern Glitch (Audio CD)
I love the Wombats, my copy of their first album is more than well played! Wasn't so sure on the newer stuff originally, I didn't think it was the same sound, but this has definitely been a grower, love it so much! Tokyo is a personal fave!

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Music!, 20 Dec 2012
This review is from: This Modern Glitch (Audio CD)
i Brought this CD for my dad as he loves this music and he said it is really good and would definitely recommend it!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

This Modern Glitch
This Modern Glitch by The Wombats (Audio CD - 2011)