Published on 21 Aug 2011 by Sarah Sheikh

3.0 out of 5 stars Good if you're a beginner, or just easing your way back into it.
I really really loved the prenatal video but Tara Lee, so I thought that I'd love this too. It's good for easing your way back into getting fit after having a baby, but if you are like me, it's just a little too easy! I found the prenatal video so helpful, challenging and above all well rounded. But this video for me is a bit lacking. I felt like the prenatal video is a...
Published on 28 Dec 2011 by Wanzastarii

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Choice of yoga routines to suit available time, with thorough yoga routine., 21 Aug 2011
Sarah Sheikh - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Tara Lee - Post Natal Yoga with Tara Lee [DVD] (DVD)
Post Natal Yoga DVD commences with a ten minute quick fix - ideal for busy new mum's! This short sequence guides you through exercises to release tension. Additional advice is given for those who have had a caesarean. The routine is designed to strengthen your body following pregnancy and childbirth and also assist those experiencing stiff shoulders or aching back from feeding or from carrying your baby. Complete with some very modern funky music to exercise to, coupled with the effective, yet not to difficult postures and stretches, this very short routine will be worthwhile finding the time to accommodate no matter how busy you are, as if your body is assisted to a position of strength, every activity will be easier throughout your day. The routines I followed at the time of my post natal period, over two decades ago, did not offer 10 minute quick fixes, so I had to wait until my partner had arrived home and spent some time early evening enjoying my fitness routine. I know if this DVD had been available at that time, I would have enjoyed it immensely and it would have greatly helped me. There is a lot of tension that may need releasing from the body, from pregnancy (from the weight and position of the baby in the womb), and it is imperative to begin to release this sooner rather than later, to avoid long lasting back problems.

Yoga for you is the next exercise routine, and is a longer 40 minute routine. The routine commences with focus on breathing. Next is seated postures. Tara offers advice throughout the DVD, so the DVD feels great that you are not only following an exercise routine, but all aspects of your new situation as a new mother is taken into consideration, and you are offered valuable guidance. The DVD is easy and pleasant to watch, filmed with Tara on her mat, with a completely white background. Next routine is "On all Fours". Options are offered for using yoga blocks (or a large book). The DVD continually shows different angles - from the side, front, multiple options and close ups, which I think is very important, as I have previously watched Yoga DVDs or similar, where I strain to see what is actually happening, making it very difficult to follow, often experiencing so much neck strain from trying to view the screen that the entire experience was almost counter productive. With this fabulous box set of 3 DVD's by Tara Lee, you will be able to enjoy pleasant viewing with ease. I love the multiple windows showing the two options of a particular pose. For me, this is the purpose of using a DVD rather than a book, to be able to clearly see what to do next to move into the particular pose. Next is downward dog and salutations. This is a more dynamic routine that is sure to aid a speedy return to a fit body, following child birth. Tara's voice is wonderfully clear, encouraging, warm, inspirational, non-patronising, offering a wonderful safe haven of a well thought out routine that looks perfect for every bodily need for your return to full strength, to move on with your life as a new mother, with a body that co-operates with the new demands on your life, without succumbing to weakness, pain or strain. Tara even discusses the effect of hormones released from breast feeding, giving you some idea of how all encompassing this DVD really is. Next is standing postures. Commencing with eagle pose, which assists releasing toxins. Poses assist in lengthening the neck and spine, which is very important. I think the poses are totally perfect in balance between being effective enough to product results and not being so advanced that they are unsuitable for the post natal period.

The next routine is pilates, with Sandra Bickmore and is 15 minutes in duration. This section is demonstrated with Tara performing many of the movements, with Sandra demonstrating how to get into the perfect alignment necessary to perform pilates effectively. Pelvic floor exercises are included in this section - something very important in the post natal period!

Pelvic floor exercises is a 5 minute quick routine. This is an essential and welcomed inclusion. Post natal DVD's I used when I was in the post natal period did not include such a section, and instead I had to rely on a hospital sheet of diagrams. I prefer the idea to include the exercises as part of the program, as the pelvic floor exercises are very important to regularly practice as they may have become weakened from pregnancy. This is a wonderful routine that should be practiced daily at least. The exercises prevent prolapse and incontinence. I particularly liked the second and last exercises, and found them to be the best I had experienced in pelvic floor exercises in years.

Yoga Nidra is the final stage of the routine, to assist you to relax and meditate. Background sounds of rainfall or a water fall assist you to follow Tara's guided relaxation, moving through the relaxation of each bodily part. Photos of nature are shown to assist you to relax, some are partly superimposed on Tara's head and shoulders. Following such I feel beautifully relaxed!

Post Natal Yoga is suitable for beginners through to intermediate.

5.0 out of 5 stars I am starting to feel good again!, 17 Sep 2010
This review is from: Tara Lee - Post Natal Yoga with Tara Lee [DVD] (DVD)
I was looking for a yoga DVD after the birth of my baby and was happy to see this after enjoying Tara Lee's Pregnancy Health Yoga DVD throughout my pregnancy. I had high expectations and have not been disappointed. It has different options which is really useful so that I can choose the 10 minute quick fix option when I can only fit 10 minutes of yoga into my day (I can't find the time or energy some days!). When I want to do more I either choose the Pilates section (which seems to be re-awakening my abdominal muscles) or the main yoga section which is making me feel more energized (despite the lack of sleep most nights). I have been doing this DVD for a few weeks now and notice a big difference in my body and the way I feel. I am very happy to have discovered it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent DVD, highly recommended. *****, 21 Sep 2010
F. E. Johnson (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Tara Lee - Post Natal Yoga with Tara Lee [DVD] (DVD)
I really enjoyed using Tara's pregnancy yoga DVD so was really pleased to find that her post natal DVD is just as good. The 10 minute option
is perfect for the first few months when time is so precious but can still provide well needed relief from aches and pains. My baby is now 8 months old and I am finding regular yoga practise essential to deal with back ache and sciatica resulting from lifting, carrying, and feeding my baby. Tara's DVD strikes exactly the right balance with a focus on shoulder tension and hip and lower back work. Tara's instructions are clear, concise and easy to follow with a lovely peaceful spoken voice and relaxing background music. Excellent DVD, I can highly recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great postpartum recovery DVD, 27 May 2013
This review is from: Tara Lee - Post Natal Yoga with Tara Lee [DVD] (DVD)
I bought this because I used Tara lees DVD during pregnancy. I really love this follow up DVD, especially the quick fix section. I had a very sore upper back and shoulders from being hunched over feeding and carrying a heavy baby. The exercises really helped release the tension in my shoulders and helped me have some quiet time to myself. Relaxing music in the background throughout and clear instructions explaining what benefit each pose has to the mind and body.

5.0 out of 5 stars tara yoga, 7 May 2012
This review is from: Tara Lee - Post Natal Yoga with Tara Lee [DVD] (DVD)
Have bought the latest DVD and it really is so good - I thoroughly recommend it . Would not be without it.A must have.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Post Natal Yoga, 13 May 2014
This review is from: Tara Lee - Post Natal Yoga with Tara Lee [DVD] (DVD)
Tara is very understanding of the post natal body. She explains moves very well. I use this every day. I have never done yoga before and the 10 minute session revitalises me after a night of breast feeding. I highly reccommend this yoga DVD.

5.0 out of 5 stars A must for post birth, 5 Mar 2012
This review is from: Tara Lee - Post Natal Yoga with Tara Lee [DVD] (DVD)
I did Taras pregnancy DVD everyday while pregnant & felt so strong & calm throughout my labour & went straight back to my original weight 1 week after giving birth. Her post natal dvd has helped me regain my strength & kept me centered.. all in the privacy of my own home! I cant recommend this enough.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good start, 24 April 2014
This review is from: Tara Lee - Post Natal Yoga with Tara Lee [DVD] (DVD)
This DVD is a good start back into exercise. As all new mums will know it is hard finding time when looking after a newborn and a 4 year old....!! But this DVD allows you to do just small sessions so they fit in between your busy lifestyle. Would recommend..

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely worth buying!!!, 28 Jan 2014
P. M. Kleniati (London, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Tara Lee - Post Natal Yoga with Tara Lee [DVD] (DVD)
The pilates section along with the 'yoga for you' section are excellent and make for a proper workout. The exercises within offer a great relief from stress and back pain!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommendable, 14 Sep 2013
This review is from: Tara Lee - Post Natal Yoga with Tara Lee [DVD] (DVD)
Very good yoga dvd to get back to shape after pregnancy and birth as well as relax during challenging time after birth. The full practice is 40mins long but there are also shorter options.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›