4.0 out of 5 stars Fairytale romance, 7 Jan 2013
This review is from: The Frog Prince (A Romantic Comedy) (Kindle Edition)
Lovely tale of romance and sometimes dreams can come true. A fairytale with a modern twist. Well worth a read, even more so as it was free. Well written and enjoyable.

4.0 out of 5 stars Frog Prince, 29 Aug 2013
This review is from: The Frog Prince (A Romantic Comedy) (Kindle Edition)
Original idea, nicely written, light, amusing. Quick and easy, doesn't require too much thinking. Great when I couldn't sleep. Being free was the icing on the cake.

5.0 out of 5 stars Some day your prince will come..., 15 Aug 2013
This review is from: The Frog Prince (A Romantic Comedy) (Kindle Edition)
It's been a very long time since I read a romantic comedy (Bridget Jones may well have been the last one) but I enjoyed The Frog Prince very much.
A refreshing, light read that pulled me along and kept me turning the pages, with some genuine laugh out loud moments along the way. It's a good sign that I ended up staying up late last night to finish it. That doesn't happen very often.
I won't say much about the plot, as I don't want to give away any spoilers, except to say that it's a love story that will warm the cockles of your heart.
Elle Lothlorien handles the exposition deftly. When explaining European royal history and conventions, she gives enough to provide context and interest without boring the reader with unnecessary detail. This is a sign of an accomplished writer, as many even well established authors fail to get this balance right.
If I have any criticism at all, maybe I would have liked to have seen more conflict in the story. There is conflict/misunderstanding/challenge of course and it's done very well. Maybe I just wanted more because I've spent the last ten years reading horror/crime/thriller stories and have gotten too used to seeing characters suffering really badly!!!
Our hero and heroine - Roman and Leigh - are very nicely drawn. Quirky but likeable, they feel like real people and I was rooting for both of them throughout.
An unrealistic romance? I don't think so! After all, our very own Prince William fell for a 'commoner' and look how well that turned out!
I very much look forward to reading more from this talented author.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great read, 3 Jun 2013
This review is from: The Frog Prince (A Romantic Comedy) (Kindle Edition)
I couldn't put this book down. Great characters in a fabulous story, I can't wait to read more of this author.

4.0 out of 5 stars old romantic, 9 Jan 2014
This review is from: The Frog Prince (A Romantic Comedy) (Kindle Edition)
Although I enjoy 'good' literature, I like to relax with something not too demanding and this book fitted the bill.

The Frog Prince (A Romantic Comedy)