on 11 May 2011
Bought this as asked to a friends daughters birthday cake in June and wanted to practice before hand, as it turned out the first attempt was a disaster but that was down to my oven on its last legs, took next one to a friends to bake and it turned out perfectly, I used a 4 egg mix and put more in the base part than the top, I would recommend trex to grease with, mine just fell out with no sticking at all. Used this to create the top of repunzels tower for my own daughters birthday cake this month and it was a great hit with everyone. I would cook the 2 parts seperatly as they will take different lengths of time to cook. The dip mould that came with it is great worked a treat filled the dip with buttercream and jam. Would recommend this item as easy to use and clean, may take an attempt or two to get it right as no real recipe in the box but overall really pleased!!
review image review image
on 3 May 2011
I purchased this set for a birthday party I was throwing, and it is a very good combination, using the top, bottom and insert to make a huge cupcake!

My only quibble is that the top part cooks quicker than the bottom, and so you have to judge carefully when to remove each from the oven... also cakes need a LONG time baking - despite recipe instructions it has taken well over 80 minutes on occasion, to ensure the whole cake is cooked through. The cake comes out VERY easily from the mold - however I use a lowfat cooking spray on the inside, and dust with flour, before putting the cake mix in (just to help) and this seems to work a little better than just the cake mix on its own.

Make sure you have plenty of people to share the cake with - it really does serve loads - especially if you cover with yummy frosting. I took one to my works Christmas party and everyone was gobsmacked! Really worth the money. Consider buying a gym membership or exercise bike alongside this product... they can get addictive :)
review image review image
on 6 September 2010
Great Mould and easy to use, having two parts means that you can take lid out of the oven when cooked, leaving base to cook further. I would recommend this product, even better would be a basic quantity receipe to be included as well.
on 30 January 2014
Absolutely love this it's much easier to get cake out in one price and in tact than a cake to and it's cheaper than the cake runs I've seen I was very happy with the product and so was my daughter when she saw her birthday cake.
on 9 June 2014
Costmad@silicon giant mega cupcake muffin mould.
I am pleased with my product purchase! used mould to create a 'reeces' style peanut butter icing filled, chocolate coated cupcake & a frosting iced mega mint swirl chocolate cupcake. both sponge cake baking & chocolate moulding went well in the Costmad silicone moulds. instructions easy to read- suggested a cake mix, however used a basic madeira mix with flavours.
birthday cupcakes successful & loved by my son & family. packaging good & delivery within a few days. many thanks, lynn
on 21 January 2011
This cupcake mould is brilliant, my sisters face was a picture when I brought a cupcake this big into her room! I will be making more for all my cake loving friends, easy to use, easy to wash and makes an awesome cake! 5 stars all the way!
on 15 March 2011
As long as you oil the moulds well your cake will not stick, my first attempt was not good but, kept trying and you get a really good cake from the mould, family enjoyed it.
on 20 January 2011
very excited to recieve this mould, silicone makes it easy to remove the contents from the mould, although the top half both times i've used it hasn't turned out very well.
on 9 November 2012
The tin you actually receive isn't the same as the tin in the picture. you actually receive a silver tin, its one tin with a base part and a top part but they are joined into one tin. Still a good quality product and so far i have used it 3 times and it doesn't stick.The cake comes out a decent size too.
on 30 January 2012
Not much of a chef, but enjoy baking. Bought this for my daughter's 9th birthday. Made prototype over the weekend. Read all reviews, which, as it turned out to be were really useful. I greased the mould liberally and had no problems getting it out at all. The only reason I haven't given it 5 stars is I thought it would be larger. Otherwise good, product and great fun !!.