Format: DVD|Change

Showing 1-10 of 14 reviews(1 star). Show all reviews
on 25 October 2011
I loved all the books in this trilogy and enjoyed the first movie. However I found this one very tedious to watch. The performances were wooden (except the actress playing Lisbeth) and there were huge chunks of the story missing from the film script. I tried to imagine my opinion had I not known this, and still couldn't imagine being gripped by the storyline in the film as I was when reading the book. I watched the dubbed version which again had been good in the first movie, but was very poor in this one. There was no attempt to put any feeling into the voices - the 'actors' simply robotically read the lines. The whole thing is like a poor TV drama. On top of that the picture quality on the Blu ray was truly horrendous. At first I thought it was snowing, then I realised that the actors had gone inside and the 'snow' was still there! If you feel you have to buy this then definitely don't waste your money on the Blu Ray version.
on 10 December 2015
Good film.
Arrived on time. Ideal.
on 2 April 2012
Enjoyed the original and US remake of the first book so was in shock after watching this on Blu-Ray. Not sure what happened in the production of this film but it's a big mess. It looks like it was filmed on a cheap HD camera on a very low budget. The direction, photography and acting is some of the worst I've seen. I quite often found myself laughing at the amateurishness of it all e.g. the escape from the burning barn.
Don't bother with the Blu-Ray if you have to watch this - the quality isn't worth it. I'd just read the book or wait for David Fincher to remake it. Shame.
on 18 January 2011
I'm not writing a lengthy and deeply informative review, but please don't let my brevity detract from the message: this film is god awful.
I loved the book and it's prequel, but this on-screen version really blows. I found all the characters dull and two dimensional and the story is a shadow, truly snippets, of the actual story written by Larson. It's like a budget Channel 5 movie. I think if you've read the book you'll be thoroughly disappointed and if you haven't the film will put you right off. Utter parp. Save your money.
on 28 January 2011
Be aware there are dir. cuts of all three movies, each approx. 90-120 min longer, the dir.-cuts are released in germany feb. 11. 2011 (no english subs, no englisch language.) I hope these dir.cuts will released in uk also.
on 19 January 2011
The books were inspired. The film captured nothing of the edgy atmosphere, sexuality and brilliant story telling. The only high point was Noomi Repace, what a pity the film script, direction and fellow cast did nothing to help her. This film was boring, a pain to watch with as much tension as a marshmallow. Oh dear, and I had such high hopes. Pamela Tapolcai
on 17 March 2011
The book was very good (the French translation from Swedish is better than the English one) but the movie is extremely disappointing.

Buy the DVD instead of the blue ray as the image quality of the film is not very good, particularly during the night scenes.

I've just read the other reviews. I should have done that before buying this film.

I don't understand how anyone can give 5 stars to this bland and boring movie with no suspens, plot, characters and son on...

A bad and poor TV drama...
on 1 July 2011
The 2nd and 3rd movies are rubbish. The 1st one is great but the rest are just a let down. P.S. I never watch the dubbed version, I prefer the original subtitled one.
on 9 February 2013
Same as the other one months out of tunes. Also found didn't like the books either all bit to bloody for me
on 28 September 2011
The image quality and the sound are really awful. It's so bad the film is as far as I am concerned unwatchable. All I can say is don't waste your money buying this.