4.0 out of 5 stars good value for money
Published on 30 Oct 2010 by M. A. Hadrzynska

3.0 out of 5 stars Generally good
I bought this MP3 for my wife to relieve boredom when travelling. It's simple to use and has good audio. The screen is just big enough to view movies etc and the picture is good. The one downside is the battery doesn't seem to hold its charge too well but the unit may need a few charges to come up to full capability. Generally a good buy for the price.
Published on 18 Nov 2010 by Tom

4.0 out of 5 stars good value for money, 30 Oct 2010
This review is from: Kubik Edge II 4GB Touchscreen MP3 and Video Player (Electronics)
it arrived in mail today, I placed the order on Sunday, it arrived on Friday, couldn't wait to see it - I read all the reviews and I must admit I wasn't sure I was doing the right thing purchasing this, I was somehow reluctant as I have never heard of Kubik before, so spent several hours comparing its specs and reviews with those of similar products of well-known brands such as Samsung or Philliphs. To be honest Kubik was the only under 50.00 that does audio/video stuff - you'd have so spend at least 100.00 to get an item from the established brands that'd have all the functions

am I happy with it? well, so far so good, cannot complain too much. screen is sensitive enough for me, of course it is not as sensitive as it's in an iPhone or similar items, but lets face it, one cannot expect that much for a bit over 30 quid, so don't be surprised you cannot move icons with a swift move - still it's all nice and with the little pen attached, you can click and open all the folders with absolutely no problem

I had panicked though when tried to plug it in to browse and add files onto it - tried on 3 computers and the USB wouldn't recognise there is a thing being plugged in - I let it rest and tried again later and it worked, so I am not sure if it's a serious fault yet, I guess will take a few days to sort this out

the quality of sound and view is good enough for me, I am really happy with my new toy, glad to have something to take with onto a train/coach/plane :-)

I'd say go for it - it's not a top thing, but well worth the money..

4.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for kids & adults alike, 1 Nov 2010
We purchased one of these for a 9yr olds birthday gift, and were so impressed we bought a second ! Easy to use and excellent quality playback for the money. We downloaded quite a few music videos from YouTube which were a big hit. You still have to convert the YouTube files to AVI to play them, which i wasn't expecting, and it takes a bit of time to do, but it's worth it.

3.0 out of 5 stars Generally good, 18 Nov 2010

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good product, very good price, 19 Oct 2010
Droli (Killarney, Ireland) - See all my reviews
This device has lots of feature, that's what I like. The sound quality is ok (not the best, 7/10); I suggest to change the earphones to a better one (I did it and the sound quality improved a lot, especially the bass). It plays the videos very well, I was suprised (9/10). You have to convert your videos; there is a very good software on Kubik's webpage which helps. The camera works quite well (7/10), it is better, than an average webcam. If you spend time to 'play' with the adjustments, you can make good photos or videos. The device doesn't have flashing function, so you can't use it in dark (or you can use it, but the picture would be dark :-). The radio is ok (9/10), but my favourite function is the e-book reader (10/10): you can read txt files, and it doesn't matter, how big it is (now I'm reading a book which is 2 mb with some special hungarian letters, and Kubik handles it easily). You can size the characters. The touchscreen works well, there are no delays (10/10). It is not written above, but you get a 'pen', which helps to use the touchscreen. I can't write nothing about the batteries, first time you must charge it for 4 hours, and according to the manual it works up to 12 hours; we will see. The player has hold function too. You can use some functions together: for example you can listen your music and read an e-book in the same time.

Overall it is a very good value; I was looking for an mp5 player for a long time, I looked a lot of types, I compared them, and it won. Thanks for the previous reviews, as I could see, everyone loves this machine, and I must say you are right :-) This is the best choice, if you want a multifunctional device for a very-very good price. (Sorry about my English, I hope you understood everthing :-)

3.0 out of 5 stars its ok, 6 July 2011
POSITIVES: small, compact, fits into pockets easily, has many functions, not complicated to use, camera is good, the video quality was stunning, not the youtube videos but the ones that came with it, honestly was not expecting that, it almost felt like you were watching it in HD, but i haven't downloaded videos on it so i don't know how the quality of that will be, has loads of storage space.

NEGATIVES: the wand stick thing can easily be lost if one is not attentive! at times the screen is slow to react, does not download adobe reader so have to convert to upload txt, but i think the main concern here is that most of its functions can be found on a phone, so you have to really consider why you are buying this product, but one this this is useful for is the storage space, great for audio books and that why i bought it

1.0 out of 5 stars I got the faulty one., 30 Mar 2011
Within a few days of receiving my Kubik Edge it started playing up. It would freeze, the screen would go red, and files that played one minute refused to play the next. And then it would work perfectly like nothing had happened.

On returning it, the manufacturer would only refund if they found it faulty. Which, thankfully they did.

If it worked I'm sure it would have been great.

1.0 out of 5 stars Rubbish!, 26 Jan 2011
I bought this for my daughter's birthday. It played for about 10 minutes then completely shut down - nothing on screen, no sign of life. Returned the item and they replaced it promptly. However the second one has now done exactly the same thing and because it is over 30 days they will only repair or replace it. I have no faith in this product and want a refund but this has been refused.

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed to say the least!, 24 Dec 2010
I love Amazon and have ordered many great products with no complaints but this item has tested my patience.
This is the second Kubik Edge II ordered for Xmas and the second to disappoint me.
The first would not even switch on, the second went tantalisingly further but crashed when I tried to connect to my PC.
Please stop selling this item before it adds itself to the downfall of Amazon list!
love you Amazon, hate you Kubik!
x

1.0 out of 5 stars Unsafe!, 12 Dec 2011
J. Stewart - See all my reviews
This device is fundamentally unsafe. It does not charge but does draw a massive current from a wall charger, indicating a sub-standard power circuit within the device. Unless your wall charger has a thermal cut-out it will overheat and possibly go on fire. Please do not purchase this device it could be a disaster.

The player itself did not start so the rest of the device is faulty too. If you get one of these as a gift please consider returning the item and risk offending someone over the risk of fire.

Amazon - you should not be putting your name to this product.
Kubik Edge II 8GB 2.8" Touch Screen MP3 & Video Player with Built-in Camera & YouTube Player Avoid avoid!

5.0 out of 5 stars Kubik Edge II 4GB 2.8" Touch Screen MP3 & Video Player, 24 Nov 2010
I bought this product so that my son would not have to take his ipod touch to school. It is great value with bags of features compared to others of a similar price. He particularly likes the ease of use of the touch screen which seems to work well. It looks great and feels solid with a surprisingly very good build quality for the price. The Sound quality is fine and the screen seems sharp to me. The only possible criticism would be that it would have been nice to have a built-in stylus.

Kubik Edge II 4GB Touchscreen MP3 and Video Player