5.0 out of 5 stars "Makes Life Easier"
Bought this item for my father, to eliminate the problems encountered when operating his appliances. Delivered within three days, the product was set up and working in a couple of minutes. A Good quality product, easy to use, and highly recommended.
Published on 24 Mar 2011 by J. Norman

After a few months one of the sockets stopped working (not only didn't it work remotely, but you couldn't even switch it off and on manually), then a few months later a second one failed. And finally, after about a year, the third one stopped working.

Published 23 months ago by P. Haynes

5.0 out of 5 stars "Makes Life Easier", 24 Mar 2011

5.0 out of 5 stars Very useful remote sockets!, 11 Jan 2011
R. RODRIGUEZ (Chelmsford, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Status SREMSOC3PK3 Remote Control Socket (DIY & Tools)
These sockets are very useful, very easy to set up and easy to operate, no hassle at all, and they do the job very well. I haven't had any problems with reception nor unresponsive sockets!!! It has helped us to stop our little one turning on TV, PS3 and cable box. :-) We keep the control upstairs and sockets downstairs work perfectly. Five starts for this item! Just need to be a bit careful not to loose the remote control as this can be a bit of a pain, similar when you can't find your TV remote control!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars easy peasy, 13 Nov 2011
This review is from: Status SREMSOC3PK3 Remote Control Socket (DIY & Tools)
over the moon with this item. easy to set up,plug it in attach a lamp etc press which number you want to
attach the item to and hey presto it logs it and press 1 2 or 3 and the appropriate item works.no getting
behind furniture etc to switch on, brilliant.

5.0 out of 5 stars Does the job for little money, 21 Oct 2010
This review is from: Status SREMSOC3PK3 Remote Control Socket (DIY & Tools)
Found these at Morrisons when they were on offer for £5 or so. We now have them in the lounge connected to the TV, table lamp and home cinema system. Why is it that in this eco-conscious world that we live in today you cannot simply turn OFF appliances such as the TV. In some cases, the only option is "standby". Standby for what?...The world to end?...To save the next lounge potato from exercising his forefinger?..I really don't know! Having had my rant, I can honestly say that this device does save me fron clambering about on the floor trying to get to the mains sockets. Sorry, but this aint about laziness..its about convenience. A bit concerned at first that the remote would not be able to "see" the units if hidden behind furniture. No worries there. Works like a dream. Even has a single kill button for all appliances. Strange that there are four buttons on the remote but only three units in the package.

3.0 out of 5 stars All stopped working after a few months - but a sharp tap got them working again!, 17 Jan 2013
P. Haynes (Maidstone, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Status SREMSOC3PK3 Remote Control Socket (DIY & Tools)

But then I had a stroke of luck - in my frustration I tapped the socket quite hard on the floor and it started working again! I tried this with the other two units, which luckily I hadn't thrown away, and they are now working again too. Presumably the solendoid (or whatever switches the mains current off and on) jams, and tapping the socket frees it up?

So, how many stars? When they are working, these sockets are excellent and very convenient - one press of a button when you go to bed and out go the lights and off goes the computer. But I can't gives 5 stars to something that fails after a few months and then needs to be hit to get it working again. All in all, I'm afraid I think 3 stars is fair, as something like this should work without periodically failing - even if it can be fixed easily.

4.0 out of 5 stars remote control sockets, 15 Aug 2011
This review is from: Status SREMSOC3PK3 Remote Control Socket (DIY & Tools)
Very useful for behind television and furniture that you dont want to be pulling out all the time to turn off sockets. This one was bought for my son after he saw ours

5.0 out of 5 stars very handy., 22 May 2011
Great stuff...
easy to setup and use.
I only wished it came with more remote controllers. maybe two for example.
otherwise great product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Neat gadget, 24 Jun 2011
This review is from: Status SREMSOC3PK3 Remote Control Socket (DIY & Tools)
Compact remote control, flezible operation, handy button to switch all three sockets off at once. Very useful item to have around the house.

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing to say the least..., 6 Jan 2014
This review is from: Status SREMSOC3PK3 Remote Control Socket (DIY & Tools)
I ordered these sockets as a Christmas present for my son who liked the idea of conveniently switching lights
and gadgets on/off from the comfort of his bed. I am afraid these sockets failed and disappointed us on various levels.
Firstly the special battery supplied for the remote was flat. That meant we could not try these sockets until way after
Christmas when we managed to find and buy the right 23 AE battery to replace the one that came in the box.

Secondly only two out of the three receiver plugs actually work. One is simply not programmable. In addition to that the programming
on the other two plugs does not last. They seem to unset themselves and need to be synchronised frequently.

I am afraid this is a cheaply made and useless pile of plastic from China!

2.0 out of 5 stars Would not work - probably broken remote control unit, 30 May 2012
Martin (Hampshire, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Status SREMSOC3PK3 Remote Control Socket (DIY & Tools)
These units arrived nice and quickly, so that was an excellent start.

Things went downhill from there.

When I tried the first unit in situ, it was impossible to get the remote control unit to be recognised by the socket. I tried all 3 sockets with the same result. I even tried all of the ON buttons on the remote to see if ANY of them would be recognised. No joy.

The following day I was going to try again with the sockets at different sites in the house (not sure why it would help, but worth a try). The battery in the remote control was dead.

Bought a replacement battery and tried again, thinking that maybe the battery had been too weak. Still unable to program any of the sockets.

The following day - the battery was dead again.

This leads me to believe that the remote control unit is faulty and zapping the batteries quickly and failing to program the sockets.

Going to return them for a refund.

Only reason it gets 2 stars is because delivery was quick.

I notice that another reviewer had a faulty socket, although the other 2 worked. Not very reliable units then?

Not impressed.