3.0 out of 5 stars Feel let down..., 31 Mar 2011
Bookmyster81 (london, england) - See all my reviews
Ok so I was a little disappointed with this sequel to be honest.

The first book was ok, although Corine did grate on me a little with her indecision about the men in her life but I figured it was just laying ground work for the second book.

However, I found the plot in Hell Fire lacking something. I was annoyed with Corine's attitude towards both Chance and Jesse, I just wanted her to get laid to be honest. Dont get me wrong, I dont need sex in a book but after two books and all this sexual tension and life/death situations you would expect some action not just the odd kiss. It was like Corine just snogged someone as something to do when she was lonely (or to keep reader interested) and then pushed them away when she felt better.

Plus I felt like the end of the book was rushed, after all the build up it just felt like the issue was resolved in a few short pages with no real effort put into it. Her whole life wanting to get some closure and the bad guys are dealt with in about 10 mins flat!

Basically, I found myself liking Corine less and less as the book went on and unless I run out of other things to read, I dont think I'll be looking out for the next book in the series.

It was like the supernatural element was added just to hit a new market when really it was a so-so romance. When you have the likes of Karen Chance and Kim Harrison out there, this doesnt even compare.

3.0 out of 5 stars Pace more sedate than your average Urban fantasy.., 10 Aug 2010
sharon "I listen to my books while working, a... (Falmouth, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
It all comes down to personal taste I think. This is more of an urban fantasy thriller than an action packed one, I enjoyed the lead characters A.A's descriptive writing is superb, but it just did not get quite there for me,regarding action & drama. There is so much competition out there for this genre & the standard is so high I am scoring this against other Urban Fantasy books. It is great seeing an author in breaking the mould & introducing a fresh angle though.

The first book in this series is Blue Diablo: A Corine Solomon Novel, Book 1
------Then after this title it is
Shady Lady (Corine Solomon, Book 3) Enjoy..

Hell Fire: Corine Solomon: Book Two