Size: Medium|Colour: Black|Change
Price:£44.99 - £89.99

I've worn Skins original format tops, half-tights and long tights since 2009, an A400 top and half-tights since 2011 and, I bought the A400 long tights in 2013, so I know the product well. They certainly work for me in reducing delayed onset muscle soreness (DOMS) that I get between 48 - 72 hours after a hard session. As well as resistance and cardio I wear them for yoga and Pilates and, when I had inguinal hernias this summer, my GP said that it was OK to wear the A400 half-tights during Pilates for support and compression. Generally the quality has been very good, although I have had some where the flatlock stitching has started to unravel; they've been replaced without a problem.

The A400 kit differs from the original format in that different material is used at places that are subject to more movement or need less pressure. So the A400 tights have a less compressive material around the knees and over the ITB. However, they are more a lot more compressive around the ankles and calves; I must try them for a fast cadence session on a Spin bike or turbo trainer. As per the original format, the Skins sizing chart suggests that if you're on the border between two sizes, go for the smaller size. Whilst you could do that with the original range, there's no way that I can do it with the A400 range. I'm 5' - 10" (177 cm) and 70kgs so I'm right on the line between medium and small sizes, but trust me, I get more than enough compression from the medium size! I've mentioned that the lower section has a lot of compression and this requires some care putting them on. They need to be rolled on like women's tights as just pulling hard on the waistband may cause problems with the stitching or material. These are tight so if you're self-conscious you may want to wear shorts or gym trousers over them; they aren't too restrictive around your sensitive bits though!

Improved performance from new kit can be placebo / association effect. I wear Skins A400 half-tights for resistance work. The first time that I wore the A400 long tights, exercises using both legs improved - leg press machine, rowing machine - but the single leg items such as leg extension and leg curl machines remained the same. My legs felt good 24 hours later.

Skins brought out an A200 range and they say that the difference between the A200 and A400 range is :
"The A400 has several categories; these ranges are more specific to the different sport activities and their specific needs. A400 is aimed for professional athletes and serious amateurs. This range is also cut to be more ergonomic, and made to fit better by splitting into body shapes, based on the 3D body scan we have conducted. Also different fabric is used in specific areas to give more comfort and freedom of movement, such as around the neck, knees and side of the torso. We use different fabrics in A400 range to give the correct amount of compression while the muscles are pumped up during activity. The A400 provides in contrast to the other ranges a dynamic gradient compression. For the A200 collection improvements were made in both men's and women's ranges to the look of our recognisable contrast stitching and our waistbands. Additional unique embossed abrics have been used to add texture and subtle branding to the garments. The A200 women's garment take cues from catwalk collections in terms of colour, style and the use of feminine mesh details whilst still performing to Skins exacting standards. Bold aesthetics help the A200 range stand out of the crowd, but the innovative design goes much deeper that just a striking appearance."

Expensive, but for the right body shape they are supportive.
on 6 February 2012
I'm 5'10 and 90 kilos, building up fitness and losing weight for navy training. After a few weeks running I started to suffered from shin splints, however, as I am to get super fit in a short amount of time I needed some sort of quick fix cure or preventative measure to get me running again. After a few hours searching online I found these bad boys!! Following a weeks deliberation (its quite a bit of money for some tights) I went for it and I honestly can't explain how good they are. When running they keep your muscles comfortably tight and controlled, they regulate leg temperature very well-keeping me warm at the beginning of my run and keeping me cooler towards the end. I keep them on for an hour or so when I finish as I find they help a lot with recovery-which allows me to run every day. I often feel that they give me an extra energy resource, so when I'm knackered they act like some sort of bionic suit and keep me moving-amazing stuff!!! the only slight negative (why I have only given 4 stars) is that the large size claims to fit my height and weight, however the legs come up a bit long, meaning the knee support sometimes works it way below the knee and needs readjusting every 2km or so. If you are border line between two sizes I would recommend to go the smaller of the two options. Apart from that-absolutely amazing piece of kit-really motivational and works very well.
on 20 December 2014
Having tried Skins A200 (Not a bad design, fabric lower grade, you know you're wearing them), 2XU (look so cool, very few features, uncomfortable waist), Under Armour (odd shape and fit, low grade fabric) and Sub Sports (pretty good for the prices) running / compression skins I can safely say: 5 Stars for Skins A400 long tights.
These are so well designed you actually feel like you've been upgraded, like in a Xbox game. Its possibly psychological but I feel like I'm faster, more explosive and tire less when wearing these. Its hard to explain, it's like your not wearing them but you know you are because you feel like you, just a better version of you. It sounds odd but I know exactly where my limbs are at all times, like additional feedback to your Brain.
I fit exactly in the middle of a Skins size guide so I find they are super comfortable. The male design panel at the front gives important man support and cupping without squashing. I can't say the same is true in any of the other main brands ive tried.
The Skins FAQ says you can wear these as under or outerwear, you need to be confident if you're going to run or train in these alone as they are very form fitting. But they do look Pro. They have a little back internal pocket for your car or door key if you do use these as your running tights. Very handy.

Assuming you have the correct size I find they stay in place. Ran 10km and only adjusted once. That's impressive.
Have used these for recovery and find my legs do feel better the next day as compared to not wearing any tights. Skins make RY400 tights for recovery. So the fact these help is just a bonus.

In conclusion: Awesome fit (follow Size Guide exactly), super comfortable fabric, excellent cut and design, best male support ive found, Pro look and enhanced body feedback.
Oh and a one year guarantee, if the seams do weaken etc you can have them replaced in only a few days.
on 5 November 2012
Was worried after I ordered size large. (Being 1.85 tall and weighing 84kg I thought maybe they could be to short or bit baggy) Now I have them I have realised I didnt need to as they fit perfect.
on 28 December 2011
I currently training for the London Marathon and was generally running at around 9 minute mile pace. I got a pair of these for Christmas and did a 4 mile run in them on boxing day and was amazed to find that all the blurb on the side of the box was true - less fatigue, more sustained running at pace and quick recovery. I managed to take my speed to an average pace of 8:10 / mile which is the fastest I have run for years.

This is a great product, very comfortable to run in and also keeps the wind chill away.
I've worn Skins original format tops, half-tights and long tights since 2009, an A400 top and half-tights since 2011 and, I bought the A400 long tights in 2013, so I know the product well. They certainly work for me in reducing delayed onset muscle soreness (DOMS) that I get between 48 - 72 hours after a hard session. As well as resistance and cardio I wear them under yoga or gym trousers for yoga and Pilates and, when I had inguinal hernias this summer, my GP said that it was OK to wear the A400 half-tights during Pilates for support and compression. Generally the quality has been very good, although I have had some where the flatlock stitching has started to unravel; they've been replaced without a problem.

The A400 kit differs from the original format in that different material is used at places that are subject to more movement or need less pressure. So the A400 tights have a less compressive material around the knees and over the ITB. However, they are more a lot more compressive around the ankles and calves; I must try them for a fast cadence session on a Spin bike or turbo trainer when blood could pool in the lower leg. As per the original format, the Skins sizing chart suggests that if you're on the border between two sizes, go for the smaller size. Whilst you could do that with the original range, there's no way that I can do it with the A400 range. I'm 5' - 10" (177 cm) and 70kgs so I'm right on the line between medium and small sizes, but trust me, I get more than enough compression from the medium size! I've mentioned that the lower section has a lot of compression and this requires some care putting them on. They need to be rolled on like women's tights as just pulling hard on the waistband may cause problems with the stitching or material. These are tight so if you're self-conscious you may want to wear shorts or gym trousers over them; they aren't too restrictive around your sensitive bits though!

Expensive, but for the right body shape they are supportive.
on 8 June 2015
For me, not as good as the A200's.

The A200's seem to provide more compression. Both size M.
on 28 December 2014
Bought these for an (unsurprise) Xmas present. We checked the size chart on the Skins website and he fell right on the border between a medium and a large, due to height and weight.

He decided on medium, because they're compression tights so they should be a bit on the tight side and they're snug but fit well.

They seem like they're durable and well made and made his legs feel "cold" as soon as he put them on. This cold, or cool, feeling stayed during his four mile run and they seem to help muscles as he didn't have tight calves that sometimes occur after a run.

Can't really say more than that as only used once so far but they seem to aid training. Quite pricey but if you want the best to give your training/recovery period that extra edge then worth shelling out for.
on 20 February 2015
Really good, really tight, compression compresses. Comfy? Yup. I've spent half as much on other running tights and they were less than half as good. If you don't set your hand held devise to roaming you may find certain uncomfortable restrictions apply.
on 14 March 2014
This is the second pair of these I have owned, and the quality of Skins kit is second to none. Their fitting guide is spot on, so make sure you check that to get the right size. Ignore the size of other clothes you might have and go from that.

These are compression tights, and so they are tight, and are supposed to be. That does make them a bit fiddly to get on and off. You can't just get hold of the top and shove your legs in - that will most likely tear them or break a seam - you have to ease them on and work them up. It's not complicated and you will soon get the hang of it. The material is thin, so a little care when putting them on / off will mean they last much better.

They are constructed using 2 types of fabric, with much more give in areas like the knees. The wide waist band means it is much more resistant to rolling up or folding over.
Underwear is optional, but I find that because these are so tight, if wearing underwear then it tends to rub, and so I find it better without. There is a mesh section at the crotch for ventilation. This is no problem most of the time, and in summer is welcome, but it does mean that certain parts get very cold in winter! - even though your legs are perfectly fine.

I also have A200 tights, and it has to be said that these are more comfortable than the A200's, although both are very good at supporting the muscles and regulating temperature. I do tend to use the A200's in winter though, as they do not have a mesh section in the crotch.

There is a lot of discussion about the benefits of compression, and I have to say that whilst running I do not notice any performance advantage in using them - although to be fair it is over 2 years since I have run without, and you probably need to be performing at a high level to notice. What I can say though is that they do help to support your muscles, stopping them moving around and helping prevent injuries. They are also great as an aid to recovery to prevent / treat aching muscles.
I use these all year round. In winter they keep you surprisingly warm for something that is incredibly thin and light, and in summer they wick away sweat and keep you cool.

They are expensive, with a full price of £95 or more it's hard to justify the cost, but keep an eye on Amazon, and you can pick them up for just over £40 like I did - and then it's a no-brainer.