4.0 out of 5 stars Marmot Venus Down Filled Insulation Jacket

Published 19 months ago by stella goodchild

4.0 out of 5 stars Marmot Venus Down Filled Insulation Jacket, 26 Nov 2012
C. H. Riding (London, UK) - See all my reviews
Marmot Women's Venus Down Filled Insulation Jacket

I was so thrilled to find this down jacket for sale at such a good price and ordered the Large for myself - I normally order size M-L from the Marmot clothes range and have a Medium lightweight waterproof jacket from marmot which fits me perfectly well. The colour is Dark Violet, which is actually quite a bright purple but I like it. The quality of the jacket is also fantastic and it is both light and very warm. It is also machine washable. BUT, the problem is the sizing, the 'Large' size was much too small for me, I couldn't even fasten it up. I had planned to return it for a larger size but the XL jacket in Dark Violet listed by the same seller cost 135!, whereas I'd paid 54.99. OK so the first jacket was a very good price but I just couldn't bring myself to pay so much more so I ended up giving the jacket to my daughter and it fits her comfortably - she usually takes a size 10 -12.

It's so disappointing when they get their sizes so so wrong!

2.0 out of 5 stars Not for me, 30 Nov 2012
stella goodchild "Sha" (Detroitwich in the Wu) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Marmot Women's Venus Down Filled Insulation Jacket (Sports Apparel)
This jacket was expensive and looks good. Unfortunately it sheds down, isn't as warm as a jacket I bought that was much less expensive. It is a real shame also that some one bumped me with a bag and the jacket tore. A small tear but trying to repair it has resulted in down all over the place. I would only buy something like this if I was going to stand still in a field in autumn. Sorry to say I couldn't recommend it for anything but looks.

5.0 out of 5 stars lovely colour, toasty warm, and very light, 9 Dec 2011
While this probably isn't a full 4 season jacket for surviving Arctic conditions, it's a great jacket for stuffing in a bag and being able to pull on when out walking, travelling, camping etc or even just wearing around town. Close-fitting but very comfortable, the amazing thing is how light it is, how well it packs down, and yet the good level of insulation (and protection against the wind) it provides. Love it. I've also had many compliments about how good it looks!