5.0 out of 5 stars The only harness to work
My German Shepherd has, for his six years of life, not been happy unless he's taking me for a walk. I've tried every type of collar and harness without success; his pull is so strong he has literally dragged me down the street.

Hence my deep scepticism when I purchased this harness - how is what is basically string attached to a collar going to work...
Published on 27 Oct 2011 by Mr Capacitor

1.0 out of 5 stars Works by inflicting pain and injury
My initial reaction to this was that it was brilliant. It stopped my Springer from pulling, which can be exhausting when walking for several miles.
Published 5 months ago by Colin Main

5.0 out of 5 stars The only harness to work, 27 Oct 2011
This review is from: Mikki Training Anti-pull Harness with Reflective Collar, Large (Misc.)

Hence my deep scepticism when I purchased this harness - how is what is basically string attached to a collar going to work?

Well it does. He walks to heel now - something I've never experienced with him.

Downsides: a bit fiddly to put on and it can slip slightly when he's off the lead. But well deserving of five stars.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 13 Nov 2013
I was a bit doubtful of this when I read some of the reviews but I thought I'd try it for myself. I have an 11month old border collie and nothing has stopped him pulling except this! It is a simple harness, easy to put on and very effective. I would strongly recommend this product as it has helped me no end, my arm isn't pulled at all now!

I would just say to make sure the cushioned pads are under the dogs arms to stop the material rubbing, because it's so thin without the cushion it digs in a little!

5.0 out of 5 stars Cannot believe this worked!!!, 17 Jun 2011
Well having tried everything from a harness to a halti, saw this product and thought "oh here we go another product claiming to stop pulling on the lead" Ordered it on the basis of another reviewer who stated it stopped their springer spaniel pulling, and thought well if it stopped theirs then why not mine!! Ordered the product and with some trickery finally managed to get my springer on the collar (He is suspicious of anything he doesnt recognise!!) Walked outside and low and behold it worked!!!! I could not believe it, flabbergasted is too small a word. He is quite happy, tail wagging manically and I am now enjoying the walks as much as him. It got a bit tiring having "wrestlemania" everytime I walked him. If you own a English Springer Spaniel then I highly recommend this product. Happy days.

5.0 out of 5 stars Faultless, 28 Mar 2012
I own a 3 year-old Jack Russell/Staffie cross, forever pulling on her collar, she brings herself to the point of sickness sometimes because of the strain of a traditional collar on her neck.

After much shopping around, I decided to buy this particular harness. I'd had dogs before who would still insist on pulling against other more "normal" harnesses -- the breast plate area seeming to not bother them at all, even going as far as giving them something extra to pull against.

It arrived this morning and I decided to immediately test it out. Don't be fooled by how it looks, it's exceptionally effective... our first trial around the block was like walking a different dog and even somewhat of a pleasure. Even faced with another dog, which would usually garner so much pulling it was almost like she was hanging herself, the harness held out and my dog didn't pull.

The way it works is quite ingenious. The reflective collar sits on her neck, like a normal collar, and two padded straps are looped around her front legs... unlinking it is as simple as unhooking the straps and pulling them through the D-rings; no need for any other collar... when the dog pulls, the straps looped around the front legs tighten and discourage the pull.
Imagine how your dog reacts when his or her leash becomes tangled around one of its legs, and that's almost precisely the reaction this harness gets (my dog hates it, and will immediately stop for me to untangle her).

I really can't sing the praises of this harness enough, it has been the single best purchase I have ever made for my dog. There are even some instructions for using the exact same harness, just linked in different ways, to 'wean' your dog off it and into walking correctly with the collar provided.

If your puppy or adult dog pulls, give this a try.

5.0 out of 5 stars BRILLAINT HARNESS, 8 Feb 2012
RESORTED IN NOT TAKING DOG OUT AS I HAD NO CONTROL. THIS HARNESS MAKES HER A PLEASURE TO WALK NO PULLING.I WOULD RECOMMEND THIS TO ANYONE. I HAVE A HUSKY.

5.0 out of 5 stars Yes it worked!, 6 Aug 2012
P. Aneeds "Tree hugging mum" (Herefordshire) - See all my reviews
My black Labrador loves nothing more then dragging me along he road when taking him for a walk on a slip lead he would constantly choke himself. Hubby was getting frustrated as Sprite behaves beautifully for him on the lead, so a friend who walks dogs for a charity which uses these for there bigger dogs, suggested we try it.

Researched it online before we bought one, and although it looks flimsy dont be fooled. It worked first time,I was walking a differnt dog completely.

Every time he pulls he has to sit to relieve the pressure under his legs and comes back to me. I would even trust my toddler to now hold his lead.

So if in doubt try it out, it works!

5.0 out of 5 stars Would give 6 stars if I could, 7 Aug 2012
We have two Cavalier King Charles Spaniels. They may be quite small, but they pull like two little trains. They want to meet every person and animal they see and as we are no longer young, walking them is quite a strain. I ordered these harnesses more in hope than expectation, considering the low price. We have had them for two days and the difference in the dogs is amazing. No more pulling or diving, just a peaceful pleasant walk.

1.0 out of 5 stars Works by inflicting pain and injury, 2 Jun 2014
Colin Main (UK) - See all my reviews
However after just 2-3 days it became clear why it worked - it was rubbing my dog's "armpits" raw, making them bleed and causing great distress to the dog and the family. I solved this problem by throwing this waste-of-money device into the bin.

I would strongly urge caution before (and after) purchasing this product - it may well cause pain and injury to your beloved pet.

5.0 out of 5 stars miracle product, 7 July 2012
Like other reviewers, I was skeptical that this product could actually live up to its claims. I have a patterdale terrier x Springer spaniel, who despite being trained to the nth degree in other areas, we tried for 3 years to get her to walk to heel and she just would not do it (and I trained in biovet science). She pulled like a steam train and could pull a scooter.

Now I have two young kids in a buggy and along with our other dog (a collie x gsd) I was struggling to walk her safely. For the price, I thought I wouldn't lose anything if it didn't live up to expectations and I wanted a harness anyway to reduce pressure on her throat whilst walking.

It took a few minutes to work out how to fit it, but it was well worth it! She has completely stopped pulling and I am happy to go out with her and the kids, she is going for loads more walks. She can even go out with my elderly mother now. Am considering buying another for my other dog!

Whilst there are always exceptions to the rule, this worked brilliantly in our case and is highly recommended!

4.0 out of 5 stars hyper dog is under control - Sort of!, 30 Jan 2011
I took in a rescue dog in August, indoors he was the perfect pet, did not overly bark,wonderful with my grandkids,eats his dinner nicely,slept on the sofa and did not except to come into the bedrooms.
But the moment you put a lead on him he turned into a monster, pulling, jumping up on people and barking at other dogs. With the new harness I have control now. It reminds me of the elastic ball attached to a bat my children had, if he pulls too much I pull it and he bounces back. Does not upset or hurt him but makes my life easier.