5.0 out of 5 stars The only harness to work
My German Shepherd has, for his six years of life, not been happy unless he's taking me for a walk. I've tried every type of collar and harness without success; his pull is so strong he has literally dragged me down the street.

Hence my deep scepticism when I purchased this harness - how is what is basically string attached to a collar going to work...
Published on 27 Oct. 2011 by Mr Capacitor

› See more 5 star, 4 star reviews
1.0 out of 5 stars utterly pointless
having always used a harness on our puppy I thought this would be wonderful
how wrong was I
easy to assemble & put on
so of we go for a walk, pup kept stopping at first and biting at it, so a adjusted it in case it was too tight or too lose
Published 12 months ago by 2 cats, 3 kids & a headache

› See more 3 star, 2 star, 1 star reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars The only harness to work, 27 Oct. 2011

Hence my deep scepticism when I purchased this harness - how is what is basically string attached to a collar going to work?

Well it does. He walks to heel now - something I've never experienced with him.

Downsides: a bit fiddly to put on and it can slip slightly when he's off the lead. But well deserving of five stars.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cannot believe this worked!!!, 17 Jun. 2011
This review is from: Mikki Training Anti-pull Harness with Reflective Collar, Medium (Misc.)
Well having tried everything from a harness to a halti, saw this product and thought "oh here we go another product claiming to stop pulling on the lead" Ordered it on the basis of another reviewer who stated it stopped their springer spaniel pulling, and thought well if it stopped theirs then why not mine!! Ordered the product and with some trickery finally managed to get my springer on the collar (He is suspicious of anything he doesnt recognise!!) Walked outside and low and behold it worked!!!! I could not believe it, flabbergasted is too small a word. He is quite happy, tail wagging manically and I am now enjoying the walks as much as him. It got a bit tiring having "wrestlemania" everytime I walked him. If you own a English Springer Spaniel then I highly recommend this product. Happy days.

5.0 out of 5 stars Faultless, 28 Mar. 2012
I own a 3 year-old Jack Russell/Staffie cross, forever pulling on her collar, she brings herself to the point of sickness sometimes because of the strain of a traditional collar on her neck.

After much shopping around, I decided to buy this particular harness. I'd had dogs before who would still insist on pulling against other more "normal" harnesses -- the breast plate area seeming to not bother them at all, even going as far as giving them something extra to pull against.

It arrived this morning and I decided to immediately test it out. Don't be fooled by how it looks, it's exceptionally effective... our first trial around the block was like walking a different dog and even somewhat of a pleasure. Even faced with another dog, which would usually garner so much pulling it was almost like she was hanging herself, the harness held out and my dog didn't pull.

The way it works is quite ingenious. The reflective collar sits on her neck, like a normal collar, and two padded straps are looped around her front legs... unlinking it is as simple as unhooking the straps and pulling them through the D-rings; no need for any other collar... when the dog pulls, the straps looped around the front legs tighten and discourage the pull.
Imagine how your dog reacts when his or her leash becomes tangled around one of its legs, and that's almost precisely the reaction this harness gets (my dog hates it, and will immediately stop for me to untangle her).

I really can't sing the praises of this harness enough, it has been the single best purchase I have ever made for my dog. There are even some instructions for using the exact same harness, just linked in different ways, to 'wean' your dog off it and into walking correctly with the collar provided.

If your puppy or adult dog pulls, give this a try.

5.0 out of 5 stars It worked 1st time !!!!, 22 May 2014
I think it's fair to say many dog owner do not know that a dog that constantly pulls on the lead attached to a neck collar can cause permanent damage to it's eyes.

We have tried various anti pull harnesses with varying degrees of success on all our rescue dogs and non have worked so well and as quickly as this one.

Our Jack Russell despite her small stature pulls very hard. First time we put on harness and took her for a walk it stopped her pulling. She tried a couple of times during the walk but as soon as the harness started to tighten she stopped as if by magic.

I have lived with pet / working dogs for most of my life and with a puppy have been able to train them not to pull but with rescue dogs, who are set in their ways, this harness is great.

One word of warning, the harness is made up of thin ish cord and you must ensure the padding on the harness covers the cord under the dogs legs and chest.

Very rare I give a 5 star rating but this item is well deserved.

5.0 out of 5 stars A CHRISTMAS MIRACLE, 30 Dec. 2014
The reviews for this item led me to make a purchase and I feel it only right to give back in the hope to change somebody else's dog walking life!
I have a 7 month old spaniel mix and with over 30 years experience of dog owning, I have never encountered a dog who pulls quite like this. In all honesty, I was probably one of those smug people who commented on people being dragged around by their dog....until it happened to me. On a daily basis.
I love my dog dearly, and this was a problem I wanted to solve so that I could enjoy walking her and form a strong bond. After purchasing a harness that only worked for a few days, I also enlisted the help of a dog trainer, which was definitely worth while. This is training that will take months to perfect, and I also wanted to find a tool which would help us along in the mean time. Then I read the reviews for this item.
It turned up Christmas Eve and I walked the dog at around 6pm. I was so flabbergasted at the results that I turned back after 10 minutes to show my husband the miracle. The only way to describe this is that the lead is now as light as a feather in my hand. Rather than putting pressure on her chest, it seems to lift the front legs slightly if she pulls, and this makes her stop immediately. It is really astounding. I also want to stress that her tail is high on a walk and she is not in any discomfort.
She still walks in front, but as a spaniel with a strong nose (as well as being a puppy) I am not yet concerned that this is a dominance issue. Quite frankly, I am more than pleased that we can simply walk.
Continuing the training along with using this harness, I am more than convinced that I will achieve the perfect walk.
A brilliant item!

1.0 out of 5 stars utterly pointless, 29 April 2014
having always used a harness on our puppy I thought this would be wonderful
how wrong was I
easy to assemble & put on
we carry on but he kept licking & biting under his arm pits (front legs), again adjusting we carried on at this point he sees another dog & I'm dragged a good 200 yards at speed ,barely up right , once dogs have said hi , he then refuses to walk & pulls backwards trying to slip it. after another adjustment, this he flinches when I check under his arms I remove it & throw it in the bin.
He had it on less then 15 mins and he was sore & thoroughly cheesed off.
we carried on our walk lead free which made him 100% happier
I've now changed to a soft nylon slip lead and seperate collar & though he is far from perfect he's happy & pain free & that's all I care about
I'd rather have a dislocated shoulder then see him suffer
AVOID AVOID AVOID

5.0 out of 5 stars Works magic!, 31 Aug. 2014
I have 1.5 year old GSD I tried all sorts of collars, leads, harnesses etc... Nothing worked. When my order arrived I was very excited to try it out but all I got was a collar with a string attached. I was very disappointed... until I went out! It's like having a brand new dog! Very simple design but works magic! I must add I am 7 months pregnant and walking my girl constantly pulling it was very unpleasant and sore. I am happy to go for a walks now and so is my girl:-)

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 13 Nov. 2013
I was a bit doubtful of this when I read some of the reviews but I thought I'd try it for myself. I have an 11month old border collie and nothing has stopped him pulling except this! It is a simple harness, easy to put on and very effective. I would strongly recommend this product as it has helped me no end, my arm isn't pulled at all now!

I would just say to make sure the cushioned pads are under the dogs arms to stop the material rubbing, because it's so thin without the cushion it digs in a little!

5.0 out of 5 stars This Is A Miracle!, 19 May 2014
We bought this lead after reading reviews, but was still convinced it wouldn't work for a labrador, but due to the reasonable price it was worth a shot! We have a 12 year old labrador that we tried practically every kind of lead and harness with over the years and nothing stopped him pulling, except finally old age. When we got our recent puppy labrador we tried from the off to control her on the lead - maybe it's us, but the same started happening and walks became no pleasure at all which was upsetting and hard work. It was simply the reviews that held a small glimmer of hope and thank goodness we took the gamble!

From Day 1 this worked - the transformation was instant and was also noticed by people in the park who had watched us struggle with her. So much so that at least 5 other dog walkers bought them for their own dogs with the same results. In fact, only 2 days ago a friend I'd recommended it to messaged me saying I'm a 'genius', as she was having the same trouble with her large Huntaway. I'm not the genius, but Mikki are for this fantastic harness! Incidentally, we bought the lead about 3 months ago, and a few weeks ago we dared to try walking her without the harness, whilst holding our breath. OMG she's not pulling anymore, apart from very occasionally when wanting to play with another dog or if she spots any food people have dropped, which is what I consider 'normal.'

Incidentally, we also bought Mikki's Training Lead which was great for 2 dogs as an added bonus, and at the same time got the Clicker and Treat Bag. Now I know why people rave about the clicker method as they work great with greedy labradors :-D

By the way, I don't work for Mikki, but I sure am a new convert to these great products of theirs! (Wish I'd been the inventor LOL).

5.0 out of 5 stars BRILLAINT HARNESS, 8 Feb. 2012
RESORTED IN NOT TAKING DOG OUT AS I HAD NO CONTROL. THIS HARNESS MAKES HER A PLEASURE TO WALK NO PULLING.I WOULD RECOMMEND THIS TO ANYONE. I HAVE A HUSKY.