5.0 out of 5 stars Good starter darts
Published on 24 Feb. 2013 by Mr AA Underwood

2.0 out of 5 stars Broken shafts
Used six times, shafts break far too easily - 3 sets of darts, down to 5 fully working! Poor purchase, not a long term one.
Published on 1 Feb. 2012 by Disappointed Manchester

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Good starter darts, 24 Feb. 2013
Mr AA Underwood (Birmingham, West Midlands United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Core 80% Tungsten Dart (Sports)
For the price these darts are really good. I bought these for my youth group but I'm not adverse to having a throw with these on the quiet. I usually use a reasonably grippy dart made by Target and these darts compare pretty favourably at a third of the price. My Target darts are 23g too but considerably more machined and thus grippier in the hand. These darts have a pretty low level grip but even so the grip and the release of the dart feels pretty natural. This afternoon in the 10 mins in which I played with these darts I hit 3 tons and a 140. That is a very favourable comparison with my own darts. Some reviewers have complained about the shafts supplied. Yes they are awful but when you purchase darts you really only purchase the barrels. To avoid any disappointment if you order these I would order 3 or 4 sets of Target Pro Grip shafts in medium to put on them straight out of the box. These keep the intended balance of the dart and are far easier on your flights than aluminium shafts. To summarise - Good enough for the money -It's often more about regular focused practice than the darts you use.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice darts, 9 Jan. 2011
Tom Robinson - See all my reviews
This review is from: Core 80% Tungsten Dart (Sports)
I am a complete novice at darts - in fact these are my first set! Overall, for a beginner, I think they are great. However if, like me, you're not at the stage where the darts are always going to go where you want them, then the tips of the plastic shaft where the flights are inserted are prone to snapping off. This has only happened to one out of three darts, and as only one of the four quadrants has broken the dart is still usable. But I'd thoroughly recommend getting these darts and replacing the plastic shaft with aluminium ones.

5.0 out of 5 stars great darts, 27 Jan. 2012
Mjwilding "mick w" (west midlands) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Core 80% Tungsten Dart (Sports)
These darts are brilliant value for the money ,
they are realy good quality , also they have got quite
a long shaft for extra comfort and grip.
also as usual very quick delivery from amazon.

2.0 out of 5 stars Broken shafts, 1 Feb. 2012

2.0 out of 5 stars These shafts are not good quality, 19 Jun. 2015
I have to say I should have read some of the other customer reviews first. These arrived in good time yesterday, so in the evening I set them up for a match with my partner. First throw and the plastic shaft popped out of the barrel when the dart made contact with the board. My second dart stayed in one piece. My third dart however hit the board and bounced out and I thought the shaft had popped out again. No such luck. On closer investigation the dart shaft had snapped off where the plastic thread connects with the barrel. So not only did my new darts only last three throws before our game came to an end, I had to improvise a tool to enable me to try and retrieve the remaining threaded nub of plastic that had snapped off in the barrel. NOT HAPPY!! I wonder if you can see it in your heart to supply me gratis with a new set of shafts that are more robust and that fit this dart. These were not fit for purpose as other customers have found out. I look forward to your reply.

5.0 out of 5 stars Pleased as Punch!, 10 May 2012
This review is from: Core 80% Tungsten Dart (Sports)
I puchased a 27g set of these darts along with a Maestro tune up kit, after reading the reviews here regarding
broken stems, and with the intention of changing to aluminium ones.

On receipt of these darts however I decided to fit slick stick shafts from the kit and for me these seem to work the best. I have yet to suffer a breakage and my accuracy and game have improved significantly.

If your looking for a weighty dart with a slim barrel without wanting to spend fortunes I recommend you try these.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value for money!, 20 Jun. 2012
This review is from: Core 80% Tungsten Dart (Sports)
I bought a set of 23g darts. These darts are more than good for everyday usage! Only drawback is that plastic shafts can broke easily so buy some spare parts at same time e.g. Unicorn Maestrol Tune-Up Kit (5,89£) at http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0018A8R9W. Other option is consider to replace plastic shafts with aluminum ones.

4.0 out of 5 stars Pointy Points Providers, 27 July 2014
These darts are good quality, and fly straight and true (if thrown correctly, after a few ales they seem to go nowhere near wheree they're supposed to). I could probably have done with heavier ones, being a complete novice, but then I should have ordered heavier ones.

4.0 out of 5 stars Thin Shaft But Good High Quality Darts, 29 Nov. 2012
I bought these darts as a gift and they have provided many hours of entertainment.
I have used them and feel that the shaft is a little thinner than darts I have used before but they are good quality darts that are consistent in flight.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 18 Jan. 2013
Despatched within an hour of ordering and arrived promptly after. Perfect grip and balanced weight. Gives me a straight throw, these are worth buying than some cheaper ones. Only one problem, they don't come with a case so need to grab one.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›