on 12 September 2011
If you enjoy James Rollins, Boyd Morrison, Andy McDermott or Chris Kuzneski, you'll thoroughly enjoy this first novel from Ben Sussman.

It really is a thriller in all senses of the word, a great read from start to finish, with twists and turns to keep you guessing all the way through.

Andie Sullivan is a great heroine: intelligent, intuitive and gutsy. The people she meets on her quest to find the Four Horseman are well-rounded, fascinating characters, each one of which enhances the storyline still further.

An "un-put-down-able" read, which leaves you wanting to move straight on to a second novel - please hurry up and provide one for us, Mr. Sussman!
on 22 October 2011
I have just finished reading this book. It is by a fantastic new author Ben Sussman, it is an excellent read. Action packed with a strong lead character. It has everything you could want in a book, the next book is released in December. If you are looking for a fresh new author this is definitely the guy for you. If Ben carries on writing the same quality as there is in this book, he will he a very successful career. The history is clear but not to overbearing. History, action, great story and strong characters. It has everything i like in a book.
on 8 December 2011
The Four Horsemen is the first novel by a young American writer Ben Sussman. Unusually the main character is a very intelligent female Andie Sullivan who finds herself embroiled in a search for the four horsemen of the Apocalypse. Plenty of thrilling action and gory murders ensue as the heroine searches for clues.
Short chapters and well rounded characters make this book very easy to read. If you are a fan of James Rollins, Chris Kuzneski or Steve Berry then you will love this book! Really looking forward to the next one Mr Sussman!
on 8 November 2011
Normally first novels can be a bit "iffy" until the writer gets into their stride and starts producing quality work. Not in this case. It was excellent from start to finish. I so enjoyed this book and definitely could not put it down. Only trouble was - I read it too quickly! Great plot, good characters and definitely worth re-reading. I am looking forward to his second novel which I will most definitely buy. This was one great book.
on 27 November 2011
This is an excellent first book, and one that I could not put down. Easy to read, and always action on virtually every page. A must
on 12 July 2012
What a great first novel from author Ben Sussman.

As my title review would suggest there were, for me a few yell out loud moments in the book, one of which was a heart-stopping "Noooo".

The Four Horseman had been recommended to me by several people and with, I admit a little trepidation as it was a first novel for Ben Sussman I started reading. What can I say? Couldn't put it down, fantastic!

Great Characters, especially the lead heroine Andie, Nomadic tribes, evil billionaires all racing to find The Four Horseman of the Apocalypse...........are The Horseman ancient myth or real you'll have to read the book to find out but you won't be disappointed. :-)
on 8 July 2013
I bought this as I was on holiday and was looking for a decent read in the style of Dan Brown or Kate Mosse and the reviews for this were ok. I found it predictable, unbelievable and with one dimensional characters. Not my cup of tea
This reads very much like Lara Croft (Tomb Raider) meet Robert Langdon (Da Vinci Code) with the obligatory looney tune bad guy in the middle. It was a very enjoyable romp. A terrific thriller with masses of adventure thrown in. It was a long book but written so beautifully I just kept turning page after page. It had shocking moments, heart stopping moments and even a couple of heart breaking moments. This book took me to the edges of my emotions and beyond. The ending was very explosive and kept me guessing right up to the last page. I thoroughly enjoyed this and will be looking out for more from this author.
on 31 October 2011
For fans of authors such as Matthew Reilly and Steve Berry, 'The Four Horsemen' by Ben Sussman is an absolute must! With secret tribes, the search for apocalyptic powers, a great new heroine and fast paced action you'll find yourself turning page after page and wanting more once you have finished
on 26 November 2010
If you like Steve Berry et al you will enjoy this. I love it when authors are brave enough to kill off one of the main characters when you least expect it. Looking forward to the next one - hurry up Mr Sussman!