Back Country Suite / Local Color - Mose Allison
Format: Audio CDChange
Price:£7.75+Free shipping with Amazon Prime

on 28 September 2014
I discovered Mose Allison probably over fifty years ago, when, as I recall I bought " Back Country Suite" either on EP or LP. I have treasured the sound for many years and have been pleased to have the CD with the "bonus" album "Local Color".

Mose (a white musician) hails from "the deep south"' of the Mississippi delta. His style is unique, playing "country style white man's jazz" and singing in an inimitable style.

Back Country Suite hails from 1957 recorded in trio with Taylor La Fargue (b) and Frank Isola (d). The suite consists of ten short sections, each lasting about 2 minutes. It is totally engaging. The album then has five longer tracks. Local Color from the same year, again in trio (Addison Farmer (b), Nick Stabulas (d)) adds a further ten tracks giving a total play time in excess of seventy minutes.

Allison's playing is delightful, brisk, accessible and fun. The whole music engenders a feeling of well being.
Absolutely recommended. There is not a duff note, let alone a duff track. A must have CD.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
on 26 October 2013
I was delighted when I was able to purchase this particular CD for my grandson's birthday. This was my sort of music back when God was a boy and now my grandson will have the opportunity to hear some really good music. This CD is for true music lovers, not to be missed
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again