5.0 out of 5 stars Brings things up like new!
Got some pitted chrome or even a stainless steel exhaust that has dulled out?

Then this is the stuff that you need. Autosol is amazing. Armed with a tube of Autosol and a some wire wool, it can bring anything up like new again. With enough effort it can leave you with a mirror finish.

Every time I give the car a wash, I make sure to tackle the...
Published on 11 April 2012 by Neil Finnegan

3.0 out of 5 stars The packaging was crumpled suggesting the product had been around ...
The packaging was crumpled suggesting the product had been around a while, but the contents were intact so I suppose it's O.K.
Published 2 months ago by D. Scott

5.0 out of 5 stars Brings things up like new!, 11 April 2012
This review is from: Autosol 0400 75ml Metal Polish (Automotive)
Got some pitted chrome or even a stainless steel exhaust that has dulled out?

Every time I give the car a wash, I make sure to tackle the exhaust with this and take off any surface rust and dirt. I have tried other polishes but nothing beats the finish I get with autosol.

5.0 out of 5 stars Autosol, 10 May 2012
This review is from: Autosol 0400 75ml Metal Polish (Automotive)
I've had a tube of Autosol chrome cleaner for years. It has been used for polishing chrome and alloy on various cars, motor bikes and pedal cycles.
I recently used it up cleaning two chrome radiators in my shower room.
It really put a decent shine on them.
You need little of the cream, it works wonders and doesn't deteriorate in the tube. Excellent.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very effective., 30 Jan. 2013
This review is from: Autosol 0400 75ml Metal Polish (Automotive)
This was a replacement for a tube which I used to use on car chromium plating, many years ago. My old tube was almost empty and had dried out. It arrived very quickly and is still as effective as ever.

5.0 out of 5 stars Removes bleach stains from stainless steel!!! 5 stars!!!!, 3 Jan. 2015
This review is from: Autosol 0400 75ml Metal Polish (Automotive)
Without realising that harpic power plus should not be used to clean stainless steel, I was left with bathroom taps and hoses with dark/black stains. I came across this product and so I decided to try it, based on the strength of the reviews. I was not disappointed. This product is absolutely astounding.
After applying just pea sized amounts and rubbing with a microfibre cloth, with moderate power, I was able to get rid of all the stains. A truly remarkable product that I highly recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb product, 10 Jun. 2014
This review is from: Autosol 0400 75ml Metal Polish (Automotive)
I use this for cleaning rust and old oxidisation marks from antique blades (not removing patina, before anyone comments!). It's a brilliant product, which cleans even very old stains from metal to leave a great shine. It's also very economical, with one tube lasting for several months. As a final touch I'd recommend Renaissance Wax or beeswax to add a protective coat to the metal once cleaned so you don't have to repeat the treatment in a few weeks' time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Multitude of uses (and great for fridge freezers), 28 Dec. 2014
This review is from: Autosol 0400 75ml Metal Polish (Automotive)
I bought a new fridge and freezer and after a month they were oddly showing very fine scratches under the vertical handles. I was very upset as they were quite expensive so I set about trying to find something I could use that wouldn't damage the finish. I figured if this is used on cars I might be able to use it for my problem. I am delighted to say that one treatment and the damage is covered without any damage to the doors.

5.0 out of 5 stars A happy customer!, 23 Nov. 2011
Mr. S. Scott "Alchemy1" (London) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Autosol 0400 75ml Metal Polish (Automotive)
Product arrived promptly, well packaged. Item was bigger than expected which was a bonus! Excellent for polishing chrome on my motorbike!

5.0 out of 5 stars Original and Best, 31 Mar. 2013
JB (Cambridge UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Autosol 0400 75ml Metal Polish (Automotive)
I used to use Autosol back in the days when I had an MG, which had plenty of chrome on it. 25 years later and having again acquired a car with metal bits, I remembered about Autosol.

It's great stuff; easy to apply and quick to remove any spots of rust which might have appeared. Now re-instated as a permanent part of the car cleaning collection.

5.0 out of 5 stars Not Just for the Car, 9 Feb. 2013
Amazon Customer "Boo62" (Ilkeston Derbyshire United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Autosol 0400 75ml Metal Polish (Automotive)
A friend recommended this to me when I came to clean the brass stair rods in my hall that had become heavily tarnished.

I used Acetone with a scourer,(gloves, goggles & a mask if asthmatic) a light rub with wire wool to clear the old lacquer & then a finish with the Autosol to bring out a fantastic shine & leave a light seal.
It worked a treat. What I thought were a doomed & expensive to replace item now look like new.

This stuff is really easy to use, a little bit on some stockinette, a quick polish with some clean cloth & the metal shines beautifully. Quite frankly it leaves a certain other well known brass cleaner with brass in the title look like way too much hard work for too little result in comparison.

Lamps, door furnishings in fact most metal in need of restoration & lacking it's original shine will benefit from this.

Very easy to use, little odour & barely abrasive this really does a great job for a very reasonable price.

5.0 out of 5 stars absolutely stunning results, 2 Oct. 2012
This review is from: Autosol 0400 75ml Metal Polish (Automotive)
This was recommended to me by an antique dealer.
So far, I used it to clean and polish brass, copper and pewter and I am starting a renovating job on some old aluminium items. I'm sure it would work extremely well on silver too.
I cut out some old bath towels and some old cotton curtains, cotton sheets into small pieces. They are extremely good for cleaning, polishing, buffing.
What a joy when you reach the buffing stage and you are getting this beautiful shine from what used to be a rather old and dirty object. (the dirtiest ones need some extra elbow grease... and patience, of course)

You only need a tiny amount of that cream to maintain the renovating metal objects.
I love using it.
PS Not a bad idea to wear some cotton gloves when you are cleaning and polishing.

Autosol 0400 75ml Metal Polish