5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value
Simple to setup and use, this heart rate monitor does exactly what it's supposed to. The instruction manual is clearly written and easy to follow. The chest strap fits well and is comfortable to wear; most importantly you can easily replace its battery (some of the more expensive brands require you to buy an entire new strap when the battery runs out, which is an...
Published on 15 Mar. 2012 by southeastrunner

3.0 out of 5 stars Good features - Poor instructions
The one thing letting this feature-packed heart monitor down is its instruction booklet, which makes it hard to understand how to programme it for use.

The watch itself looks and feels good quality and reminds me a lot of an old Nike sports watch I once had. It tells the time and date and features a light, stopwatch and countdown timer. All off these are easy...
Published on 1 April 2012 by The Truth

‹ Previous | 1 2 313 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Useful and I like the watch, 4 Jan. 2012
JJ (Scotland) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Ultrasport Heart Rate Monitor with Chest Strap (Sports)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I got this watch to time exercise and particularly to monitor heart rate during exercise. It has been very successful in achieving this. The elasticated chest strap is sufficiently stretchy to fit effectively on a range of chest sizes and is easy to put on although the fixing points can slip out rather too easily particularly when putting on. The watch picks up the heart rate reading fairly easily and calculated (from your date of birth which you have to insert) a maximum heart rate. This is useful for getting your heart rate up to a reasonable level and keeping there for a preset time. The watch will even let you know when you hit your maximum so you can always work within safe limits.
The watch is quite stylish and has all the usual functions which are straight forward and easy to use.
I would definitely recommend this product for someone wanting to take aerobic exercise but who was concerned to ensure they don't overdo (or underdo) it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great budget watch, suitable for 90% of runners or gym goers, 26 Feb. 2013
This review is from: Ultrasport Heart Rate Monitor with Chest Strap (Sports)
Fab watch with heart monitor. I've been using it for over 6 months now. No problems at all, very reliable piece of kit. In my gym, I really only need to wear the chest strap as all cardio machines are compatible and are able to read and display the heart rate, so I only need to wear the watch outside the gym, if I go for a run for example. I have a small wrist and don't normally wear a watch, so it feels a bit bulky on but not too bad.
I also found it fiddly to set up, but then again, I didn't bother to read the instructions. So, now and then I can hear the alarm clock on the watch go off, but it usually happens when I'm at work, so if you hear a suspicious sound from the boot of a car - thiat might be it!
Overall, I really like it. No fuss, not for the gym posers, looks ok, most of all very useful, accurate and reliable.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ultrasport Run 50, 9 Nov. 2012
J. Askew - See all my reviews
This review is from: Ultrasport Heart Rate Monitor with Chest Strap (Sports)
I bought this a couple of months ago and had been very pleased with it. It appears to be good quality, the chest strap fits well and doesn't slip when exercising. The heart rate tends to over read for the first few minutes but then settles down.The display is clear and you get all the usual stopwatch features. For the price then it seems to be very good value. Unfortunately, the watch battery failed but I have changed the battery myself. The watch worked fine again except that it stopped displaying my heart rate. I changed the battery on the chest strap to no effect so contacted Ultra Sport. Their customer service was fantastic and they sent me a brand new watch which is working fine. In view of the low cost the watch has exceeded expectations overall, particularly with the after sales support, so it's worth the full 5 stars.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for what I need, 15 Aug. 2012
This review is from: Ultrasport Heart Rate Monitor with Chest Strap (Sports)
I have been using this now for about 3 weeks. I wanted to keep my pulse rate in the correct zone when I am exercising. I was advised to increase my aerobic exercising due to high cholesterol and slight overweight I use it for outdoor power walking and cycling as well as indoor Xbox Kinect workouts and a stepper. I have found it has encouraged me to work harder as well as to ease off a bit when necessary as you can set a beeper when you are under or over your heart rate zone. Clear and large enough to read while walking. I found it easy to set up but you must sit down and read instructions! On a couple of occasions it took a while to pick up heart rate but if u slightly dampen the chest strap where it makes contact with skin it works fine. This is especially so if men with hairy chest use it! Great product and good price.

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent for the price, 20 Feb. 2014
This review is from: Ultrasport Heart Rate Monitor with Chest Strap (Sports)
I have to say some of the other reviews here made me think twice about this product but Im please I bought it. Its a great, well built pieceof kit and a doddle to set up - it seems to have picked my heart rate up straight away and the watch took seconds to set up - thought the instructions were clear and concise. Seems to be doing the trick and certainly ticks all my boxes for a heart rate monitor - would definately try this rather than one of the other expensive models first. The functions are pretty basic - standard watch functions and the heart rate monitor has training zone and timer included.

1.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't record average heart rate!, 7 Feb. 2013
This review is from: Ultrasport Heart Rate Monitor with Chest Strap (Sports)
I read many reviews before purchasing and although it states it records your last average heart rate (AVR) it doesn't actually do this nor does it even show the average heart rate once stopped. The AVR can be used to calculate calories burnt which the watch doesn't do hence why its cheaper compared to that of other brands such as pulsar. The strap is also a little big and kept slipping down when i would work out. Overall this is a poor product that I have only used a few times. This experience has now led me to being more wary of the reviews i Read on amazon. Hope I may have helped someone with their choice ;)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent vaue for money, 1 Jan. 2013
This review is from: Ultrasport Heart Rate Monitor with Chest Strap (Sports)
I wanted to bring a more orderly method to my cycle training, with a specific goal & method of achieving it. My first goal, fundamental to a decent cyclist is a base level of fitness or endurance to ride for many miles without strain.
I needed to know at what level to train & to use a heart rate monitor to achieve that level.
The knowledge for the correct training level came in a copy of Joe Friel's excellent book 'Cycling Past 50'. I'm not quite that age but this book is good enough for anyone to read.
Besides the knowledge, I needed a heart rate monitor to help me.
This Ultrasport Heart Rate Monitor was just the thing I needed.

The wrist monitor & heart strap are pleasingly well made & look very good quality. You can change the battery in the chest strap, take care with other brands as you have to throw the strap away when the battery runs flat. What idiot thought of that environmentally friendly idea....?

It's a bit tricky setting the time date & other parameters so you will need some time with the handbook. I found the handbook quite useful but you may struggle if these things do not come easily to you. This is no reflection on the wrist monitor itself as it has a lot of functions which are set using only three buttons (the other one is the light) so there is some inevitable complexity.

The wrist monitor (once set into monitor mode) displays your current heart rate & also your heart rate as a percentage of your max heart rate. This is determined using a simple formula derived from your age entered into the wrist monitor. The calculated HR isn't always accurate so if you know yours you could perhaps enter a false birth date to compensate & give correct figures.

After reading Joe's book I learned that I needed to train at level related to my lactate threshold. I came up with some figures, a low heart rate of 126bpm & a high heart rate of 136bpm to build aerobic & cardio-vascular endurance. These 'threshold' rates can be programmed into the wrist monitor & when activated you hear a beep when you are exercising at too low a level or too high a level.

Now when on the exercise bike (during the cold, wet winter), I was astonished to learn at what level I should be exercising, I am still working up a sweat but not thrashing myself until I feel shattered anymore. It seems you simply do not achieve base fitness like that (short, tough, stints later on may build strength but are no use for base fitness).

The only (slight) disappointment I have is that an average heart rate cannot be recorded over an exercise period which is useful for determining your lactate threshold heart rate.

The chest strap needed a few drops of water on the conductive pads either side of the battery housing & worked effortlessly after that. You will be aware of the chest strap when it is worn but it's not uncomfortable. If you have a hairy chest you may struggle to get the strap working & have to resort to conductive gel.

All in all, this a super product, it looks very well made & for me has worked perfectly.
Recommended.

Here's the link for the book, a perfect companion to the heart monitor.
Cycling Past 50

3.0 out of 5 stars Good watch- heart beat a faff, 24 Sept. 2012
This review is from: Ultrasport Heart Rate Monitor with Chest Strap (Sports)
I use the watch for running, very clear display for old eyes. As has been reported before you need to read the very fine print instructions to get the functionallity from it. eg the heart-beat to work and even than difficult to combine with a timed run. I now just use it as a stop watch and for £15 it is worth it.
As a footnote the heart beat worked well the first few runs and then seemed to give very high readings. This may or may not have been accurate but I have stopped using it anyway as not as useful as I first thought. ps if I get a heart attack I will review.

4.0 out of 5 stars This is easy to use and has nice big digits for the ..., 18 July 2014
Andy Mcnish "andymcnish" (manchester uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Ultrasport Heart Rate Monitor with Chest Strap (Sports)
This is easy to use and has nice big digits for the Heart Rate when in HR mode. It also shows your % of max heart rate in smaller figures on the right of the main HR figure. It will work out your max HR from your age or you can configure it manually.

You can set it up to give an audible alarm whenever you go outside your configured HR Zone. You can input exact figures for this or use % of your max HR.

The strap is well made, comfortable and seems accurate 99% of the time.

I've been using this for a couple of months now and it's a literal lifesaver on my regular 50 minute fitness cycle ride - whenever I get close to HR max I just chill out for a while - so I know exactly how hard I can push myself without straining my heart- my next door neighbour dropped dead at 55 on a mountain bike last year, so there is no way I would cycle without this.

Also you can do 1 and 2 min recovery times as soon as you finish to gauge fitness level.

The only reason this is not 5* is that it seems to be neither ANT+ not BTLE - so I can't sync it to any of the phones I have and use it with, say, Strava Premium.

But for a quick, reliable and easy way to see how hard you are pushing yourself and whether you are in the right zone for exercise it's great - glance at your wrist and the answer is right there...and if you go over the max rate (or under the min rate) you set - you can get a warning beep if you wish...

4.0 out of 5 stars Good value, 1 Mar. 2013
This review is from: Ultrasport Heart Rate Monitor with Chest Strap (Sports)
This is the first time I have purchased an item such as this and all things considered, it's good value for money.
Everyone has already commented on the look / feel / annoying instructions so I won't go there.

I would recommend this item but please note that the watch does not display calories burned and the heart rate monitor is not compatible with any fitness apps that you have on your iPhone (well, i've not found any!) - which is really annoying. But hey, you get what you pay for.

‹ Previous | 1 2 313 | Next ›