5.0 out of 5 stars Superb bike
Ordered for my 4yr old for Christmas. It was easy to build, put air in the tyres and off he went, it is slightly big for him but it will last him for a few years.
Published on 11 Jan. 2011 by ple121623

3.0 out of 5 stars Solid
I bought this for my 4 year old. Here's what I thought.

Pros:

* It was easy to assemble
* It looks cool - he seems to think so anyway
* It's mechanically sound
* It has a snake on it - this was arguably the main selling point for him

Cons:

* It's heavier than a thousand suns (honestly this thing must have its own...
Published 11 months ago by H. B. Warren

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb bike, 11 Jan. 2011
This review is from: Townsend Venom Boys Dual Suspension Bike - Grey/Orange, 16 Inch (Old Version) (Sports)

5.0 out of 5 stars Super Bike !, 10 Aug. 2012
K. Shah "F1 Fan" (London, UK) - See all my reviews
Got this bike for my 4 year old son and he just loved it the minute it was opened. It took me under an hour to put it together. The additional stickers are a great idea and we have decided to use them to cover any future scratches on the bike! Even though my son cannot reach the ground sitting on the saddle, he has now learnt to start and halt the bike, whilst sitting on the top tube (frame). He should grow into the bike by next year. Unlike his previous bike (12 inches) this bike conveniently navigates through grass and road with almost equal ease. The brakes are also excellent, although I had to raise them up a bit so my son does not have to lean forward in trying to reach them. This bike is the envy of most other kids in the park and my son just adores and enjoys it !
Overall, an excellent purchase!

4.0 out of 5 stars A nice looking bike, 14 Mar. 2011
I bought the bike for my son's 5th birthday and was very pleased when I took it out of the box. It is quite big for him even though he is average height for his age. The only downside I found was the spanner that came with it was very flimsy and bent as soon as I tried to use it. Overall it is a sturdy bike that also manages to look like a 'big boy' bike.My son loves it!

5.0 out of 5 stars funky bike, 22 Dec. 2010
We bought this bike for my 5 year old sons Christmas. It is beautiful. Instructions very easy and it was a joy to build. Only took 15 minutes. Very sturdy, suspension a dream and lots of growth room in the seat post and handle bar post. So glad we went for this one. 100% recommendation

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Value, 12 April 2012
This is truly an amazing buy.

Brought for a 5 year old on his birthday. Looked around in all popular toy shops and bike retailers and nothing seemed that good for under £100. Looked on her by chance and found this.

Delivery was five days on super saver from Amazon.

Bike is not assembled - took about 20 minutes to get everything tightened up. Front wheel is the hardest thing to put on, had to release the brakes first and tighten them up when the wheel was on.

Bike quality is amazing for the price. Frame is steel, so heavy, but its well made. The whole bike is of very high quality and looks alot more than the price Amazon want.

5.0 out of 5 stars great, 2 Oct. 2012
You can buy this one with confidence got here in a couple of days. I have been a keen cyclist for Meany years now I also built and repaired them in a shop so I can tell you that you get what you pay for :-)
Its sturday well built . If your 5 year old upward wants to bounce along off road with you this is the one
Have fun .

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Bikes, 15 July 2013
We bought 2 of these bike for our twin boys. we have had 2 years use from them and they are fantastic. The twins are both very very active boys and love going out on their bikes, they have abused these bikes as much as they could and still nothing (except the plastic mud guards) have broken. The will regularly cycle 10 miles on them and 'hop & bop' off of kerbs, jumps, ramps and anythimg that they can. We have left them out in the rain and snow and they continue to function very well with just a small amount of oiling. I can hardly beleive that we have had these for 2 years and they are still going strong, they have been realy used and abused-they have withstood a realy hard time and i would recommend these bikes to anyone.
The price was good and quality excellent. I don't very offten right reviews for products but because these bikes have been so good it is worth me writing about it. I hope this has been useful to you and i hope you have the same great times as my boys have had. They got these bikes for their 5th bithday and have just grown out of them, we are going to buy them new bikes for their 7th birthdat in a few weeks- i hope we can fined bike that will with stand the hammering which theses bikes have had.
Good luck

4.0 out of 5 stars Great bike, 18 May 2013
Birthday present for my 5 yr old son, and he's very happy with his new bike.
Nice looking sturdy bike, didn't see the extra stickers that someone mentioned but as my son didn't know, he didn't miss anything!
The only reason for the 4 stars instead of five, is that I don't understand why bikes don't come with mud guards as standard..
Would recommend to a friend!

4.0 out of 5 stars 5 Year old son loved in on sight, 16 Oct. 2013
David Conroy - See all my reviews
I bought this for my son's fifth birthday. We had trawled around to try to find something locally, and he had not been particularly enthusiastic, so I went online. The moment he saw this bike he said "I love it!", and so I checked it out. Right size, right spec, good brand, it stacked up well against the competition at this and higher prices, so it was a hit with all of us.

The front and rear suspension takes out the shocks, a good thing for a cycling novice, and it helps him to ride it without stabilisers, which is a real boost for him. It also adds to the look of the bike, which is no harm. A special mention goes to the sticker kit, with which he customised the bike to his own taste. A nice touch.

He only has it this past few weeks, so durability hasn't been tested, but so far, no rattles or problems, and a very appreciative boy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!!!!, 8 Jan. 2013
Great bicycle!! My sin loved it, and we also loved it. Looks great, feels grear,it's great!! The only thing I would say, it is quite difficult to fit stabilisers.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›