Size: Model:TK103A|Change

Given that you can buy trackers for 10x the cost of this unit that don't do as much, I'm very impressed. It took 5 days from ordering until it arrived from China.

The short version is that this tracker is pretty simple to use. You plug it in to charge it (comes with bare wires to connect to a suitable 12-24V supply). Insert a standard SIM card (purchased separately) that supports 2G (i.e. not Three, I used Giffgaff, as they charge good rates for text messages which is how the device communicates, and you can check your balance online and top it up online without needing to put the SIM in another handset like you do on some other networks). Send it a text message from your phone "begin123456" (where 123456 is the default password) - this sets it up. From then on you can call it from that same phone and a few seconds later it'll text you back its location. On my smartphone I can just click the link it texts back and see the precise location in Google Maps. Simple as that!

There is SO SO much more it can do!

In the box: The tracker, external GSM antenna, external GPS antenna, external microphone wiring loom (includes fuse, reset button, panic button), 40A relay, CD.

You don't have to use ANY of these, other than the Tracker on its own. It has an internal battery for power and it seems to work OK without the external antennas. All of the other bits are optional.

The wiring loom has connections for:
* 12-24V supply.
* Siren (optional).
* Ignition/Accessory detect (optional).
* Door trigger (optional).
* Reset.
* Panic button.

There is also a:
* SIM card slot (required) - push the tray in hard until it clicks otherwise it can fall out.
* SD card slot (optional).
* Non-standard USB connection (optional, no lead though).
* SIM eject button.
* External GPS antenna socket (optional?).
* External GMS antenna socket (optional?).
* LED - indicates power, GSM status, GPS status, problems, etc.

I've not used the CD (not needed for general use), nor do I intend to use most of the features that this unit provides. For me, I just want to wire it up to my car (permanent live connection) and leave it at that. Then I (or an authorised friend) can call it to find out where it is for whatever reason (stolen, worried, etc).

Some stuff it can do:
* Password protected so that unauthorised people can't change settings.
* Authorised phone list (up to 5) so that only specific phones can track you (optional).
* Locate device just by calling it - it rings 3 times then hangs up. Sends text message with location a few seconds later.
* Check status (e.g. battery level, signal strength, etc) via text message.
* Send location X times every Y seconds.
* Send location every X metres of movement.
* Send location if direction of travel changes by more than X degrees.
* Turn GPS drift suppression on/off.
* Support for sending street address (requires GPRS on SIM card).
* Monitor mode (call to listen to external microphone) or Track mode (call to get location).
* Log data/events to SD card (when no signal, it stores information on SD and sends you it all when it gets it back, requires GPRS data, optional).
* Forward text messages received from a specific number (e.g. from your network provider when they send you a top-up reminder text message). Unfortunately this didn't work for me as the reminders come from "CUST_SERVICES" not a number.
* Check credit (sends a specific text message to a specific number, and forwards you the reply... again didn't work for me due to the way my network works).
* Geo-fencing (specify up to 5 squares using lat/long, such as over the town where you live. If it moves outside of a square it sends a message).
* Alarm messages sent for Low Battery, Power Disconnected, Panic Button pressed, Geo-fence breached (optional), movement (optional), over a set speed (optional), Ignition on (optional).
* Remote circuit disable (e.g. cut off fuel pump or power - optional).
* Siren (optional, requires a horn connection).
* Door open detection.
* Panic button (press it for 3 seconds and it texts the location and "Help me!" to all authorised numbers).

In general this gadget is amazing for the price.

It draws about 80mA of current when charging which drops to around 45mA in standby, so this would flatten a typical car battery in a month or so - fine for most people.

The backup battery lasts about 4 hours before it runs out. So you will have to wire it to a permanent power supply.

Minor negatives:
* Due to the way some networks work (e.g. T-Mobile PAYG), you have to remove SIM card and put it in a phone to check credit. If your network sends credit updates from an actual number, not a name, then this shouldn't be a problem for you. Also, if you can check your credit online that would solve this problem. I used Giffgaff as you can check credit and top up online, it's a free SIM, no contract, top up with £10 credit, and you're good to go for 166 text messages (i.e. commands / location requests).
* No USB lead. The socket is non-standard. You only need it if you use the software, which I haven't tried nor feel like I have any need to.
* Manual doesn't say what "Monitor mode" is for (it's to listen to the microphone when you call).
* If you have set up authorised numbers, it will send various alerts to all of those authorised numbers under certain circumstances. This is especially annoying if you disconnect the power or the backup battery runs low, because every 3 minutes it sends a text message to every authorised number. I wish there was a way to turn off these repeated alerts as they could become an expensive mistake. The only work around is to have no authorised numbers which allowed any number to track you.
88 comments|170 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 1 March 2016
An amazing device for the price. Designed as a “swiss army knife” in technological terms, this product is a multi-purpose GPS tracker intended to provide vehicle protection at least equal to Thatcham 6 devices costing £450+ to have installed or, alternatively, to spy on your vehicle and occupants or otherwise to use as a text messenger for your home alarm. And it does all these very well indeed.

There are lots of reviews of this product flying about, some nonsensical and others excellent, so I will gloss over some of the heavier and perhaps contentious technical points in favour of functionality. Installation can be a 2 wire quick affair or can extend to switching off fuel, listening to conversations, etc, etc. I just needed to install a tracker to qualify for an £80 reduction in my motorhome insurance, so a quick but discrete installation, set the geofence mode by text (meaning it triggers if my vehicle is driven away) and the rest is handled by my existing on board alarm and immobiliser already fitted - and “job’s a good ‘un”.

It works, brilliantly. People don’t nick motorhomes for joy rides, they either steal the contents or take the whole vehicle for resale. I have professionally fitted alarms for the former and conventional factory fitted immobiliser/alarm for the latter. This unit complements those two alarms, and makes recovery of the vehicle a realistic prospect.

So, from functionality and value for money perspectives, this is a “must have” if you own a boat, a caravan or a motorhome. It is a handy aid if you are into playing spies and want to eavesdrop on someone’s conversation or know where the vehicle is. It is a useful add on to your alarm system at home, when you want to be sent a text if it is triggered and then listen in to make sure it’s not the cat that triggered it. It works, it is easy to install and it is cheaper than two packets of cigarettes or a couple of drinks down at the local.

I give this 5 stars and thoroughly recommend it.

PS
In response to some of the reviews/comments here, I have to say that the concerns about current draw and comparisons with leaving your courtesy light continuously on are groundless. The unit draws an initial 120mA when on and the internal battery is charging. Once charged, the quiescent current drops to 90mA, and then further to around 55mA in standby (or “sleep”) mode. All measured in a lab with certified & calibrated instruments by a chartered engineer (myself)

My courtesy light draws a typical 4.5A. That is 4500 mA. That means for every 81 hours this unit is left on, it is the equivalent to 1 hour of my courtesy light being left on. Taking a fully charged (& healthy) 90 AH battery, derating it to 80 AH, and then dividing it by 50% to allow a generous margin remaining for restarting, would allow you to leave this on for the better part of a month at a time between vehicle use. Bearing in mind than a conventional car alarm (Clifford) draws 150mA and a plain flashing led draws 30 mA, the current drawn by this device is proportionate - if not insignificant - for the sophisticated function it serves. Of course, if your battery is knackered, then it will not hold a charge

Using an app on an Android phone is hardly a viable alternative, as it will cost more to buy, draw more current, offer lower functionality and will entail the use of intermediary servers/APIs in the process of interfacing with the app, thus introducing multiple points of failure and impacting on reliability.
on 15 September 2012
In short:
Good quality product, feature full and great value. Needs a SIM CARD, pay-as-you-go or Contract. Needs a level of technical competence to install properly (if you can install a car stereo or alarm then you can do this). Setup and use needs a level of technical competence (if you can send SMS messages on mobile, set passwords and such then you should be all set).

In long:
Before I came across this sale on Amazon I had originally purchased a 'MY-TRAK SNOOPER' vehicle tracker from the UK car accessory supplier Halfords at 180GBP, who's annual contract of +100GBP and a forced sign up of a credit card before they would even activate the device. That device never worked and failed to get activated, so it was returned for a full refund and my experience left me sour and not wanting to try another MY-TRAK device ever again.

I am glad now that purchase all went wrong as this 'unbranded' GPS/GSM car tracker is much better value, better quality build and works without the extra cost, non sign up contract and has more vehicle based features than the overpriced My-TRAK snooper.

Arrived within a week from China. Box contains the instructions in good English (not perfect). The main unit is complete with a wiring harness. An external GPS antenna. An external GSM antenna. An external microphone! The wiring loom contents a Relay for an engine cut-out feature! There is a reset switch and a 'SOS' pressure switch in the loom also. The unit has the capability to wire up an alarm or horn. There is a mini CD-ROM, haven't needed to see what is on it yet.

Main unit contains an internal backup battery too. That battery means I did not have to connect it up via the wiring harness to be able to test it out of the box. I just had to add a SIM card and read the instructions. I am not interested in the GPRS or live online tracking so have not tried these features. Everything is set up on the device by sending it correctly formatted SMS messages. Set password, authorised numbers, modes of operation etc.

Basic operation is to use a mobile phone to SMS text or call the devices number and the Unit will respond with an SMS text of its own which contains the lat-long co-ordinates of its location, some status information like battery level etc and also a googlemap link to the current location. This is all I need and I use it with my iPhone.

Interesting features are being able to remotely cut out the engine/fuel supply. Imagine what else you could wire that cut-out relay to.... watched too many James Bond movies?

The device has connections to be able to wire up a car siren/ horn and set it off remotely via SMS.

You can also set the device into monitor mode so that when you call, it will let you listen to what is happening via the devices external microphone. Great feature. With a bit of imagination, the remote siren activation and monitor mode will let you pinpoint a vehicle in built up area when maybe the GPS tracking can only provide a rough location.

The unit can be set up to send alerts when battery is low, when ignition is turned on, door opened, if vehicle moves outside of predefined area, if the vehicle travels above a max speed etc etc

The GPS is a SIRFIII chipset so is very fast and accurate - one of (if not the) best GPS chipsets out there.

In conclusion:

If you are a bit of a techie and looking for a great value for money, permanent install GPS/GSM based vehicle tracker then go for this wee beasty.
33 comments|275 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 4 October 2015
Purchased this for a Yamaha YBR125 Custom through Amazon Prime with next day delivery.

I wanted a tracker that was cheap and easy to install but would let me track my bike should one of the local kids decide to make off with it, and the volume of positive reviews for this device made it a clear option to try. Previous reviews have mentioned it had been used on a bike though there was some discussion about trickle chargers to reduce the power consumption. With a kick start on the bike I figured I'd give this a shot and see how I go, I'll update this review if the battery becomes an issue and I have to learn more about trickle chargers :)

My wiring skills are fairly basic but my uncle is an electrician so I enlisted his help to install it. The GPS unit is about the size of a cigarette packet so the first task was to find a place to hide it on a small bike. We removed the side panels and seat and tried a few spaces but even with such a small device it was tricky. We eventually agreed removing the owners tool kit and putting the device in that space was the most viable option. I have a back box and just put the tool kit in there instead.

Set up the unit itself before installation. First choose a suitable SIM. I couldn't get a giffgaff SIM (recommended by other users) before I saw my uncle, but I picked up an EE SIM called the "£1 Talk and Text Pack" for 99p from the local garage and topped it up with £5 to see how it does. When the first text is sent it activates a £1 7 day package of 25 minutes and 50 texts and when this runs out it automatically uses another £1 of credit for the next package so I'm anticipating £1 per week ongoing costs. Top ups are with the card in the packaging or online through the EE website. (Register the SIM with EE BEFORE installing in the GPS unit it otherwise you'll have to remove it and put it back into a phone to get the stupid confirmation text from EE when you register online.)

Once the SIM was chosen I simply put it in an old phone, activated it, received the text confirming the cost of the package, minutes and texts available and credit left over. I checked voicemail diverts were all deactivated and put it into the unit. **First mistake** The slot for the SIM is quite large on this newer model and has a tray to hold the SIM card. I didn't align the sides of the SIM card holder properly so the whole thing "fell" inside and I couldn't retrieve it. Undid the 4 tiny screws in the end of the device and removed the end panel, retrieved the SIM and started screwing the unit back together. **Second mistake** Did this on the grass (we were working on the bike in the garden) despite a cautionary warning from my uncle advising I do it on the concrete, and dropped a 3mm long screw on the grass. Managed to find the screw and once the unit was secure again I <very carefully> aligned the sides of the holder with the small grooves and it slid home. As soon as the SIM was properly installed the unit flashed on and the LED started flashing blue/red. I was a little concerned about how discrete this would be at night on a bike, but black electrical tape is useful in this situation.

Activating the unit was easy once I put the correct phone number into my phone (three fails before I realised I had switched 2 digits by mistake). Text "begin123456" to the unit (now named "Motor Bike" in my contacts list complete with a photo) and I received the reply "BEGIN, CONFIG OK"
Some of the other reviews have mentioned Chinglish and just how grammatically bad the instructions are but the version I received had perfectly acceptable English and even if the initial explanation was poor the examples given were very clear and easy to follow.

Changed the password, authorized my phone number (no details on how to do this because the instructions they give really are straight forward and I'm not about to print my new password here, and I then activated the low battery warning. (Later that evening after my uncle had completed the wiring and we had reassembled the seat and panels I sat on the couch and saved the various commands as text templates on my phone.)

Next we placed the GPS receiver and radio antennae. I put the radio antenna on the top of the rear light where it's hidden by the seat but I can reach down and touch it so it's not obstructed. The GPS receiver is a magnetic box which I had intended to run through to the handlebars (within the wiring loom so it could see the satellites but not be obvious) but uncle explained that the magnet does something I don't fully understand but means it doesn't have to be visible or have direct line of sight to the sky/satellites. I was dubious but he tucked it up next to the petrol tank where it affixed itself so tightly we couldn't budge it. We tucked the cables for both antennae in the existing cable holders for the bikes original wiring.

Uncle put ring connectors on the ends of the cables to the battery to secure them properly and hooked up the SOS button (in case I have an accident) it's on the inside of the chrome trim by the seat, he connected the two antennas and we were ready to put everything in place. We tucked the device and the redundant wiring into the owners toolkit slot, secured it with the rubber band thing previously used to secure the tools, reaffixed the seat and panels and I was ready to play.

Asked it to report it's location and within 20 seconds I had the sms reply. Clicked the link and it was spot on. High five with uncle, cup of coffee and drove home. Tried it once or twice on the way home just to test and it was spot on every time. I have no idea what the technical magnetic thing was but it worked, the GPS box does NOT have to be visible.

I've used the GEOFENCE function and it works a treat. So with the text commands saved as templates I can now activate/deactivate GEOFENCE, ask the current location, activate tracking based on two different variables (10 seconds moving 500 seconds stationary as per example or 60 seconds moving 600 seconds stationary based on what I think is cheaper but still adequate), check the battery and activate/deactivate vibration alarms. For £24 this is an amazing piece of kit!
44 comments|9 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 29 September 2012
The previous review is very comprehensive, but here's mine.

Looking for a contract free tracker I spent some time researching the many similar units available. This one seemed the best solution and was up to 1/2 the price of similar units.

I bought mine here when offered by DracoTek. It shipped quickly straight from China within the quoted period. (So you are sure of the latest model)

I bought it to fit to a new Honda S-Wing motorbike. Theft cover is surprisingly expensive here (Spain) so the small cost of this was well worth it to be able to locate & recover the bike quickly, reducing the chance of further damage.

The manual is clear comprehensive and easy to understand - NO Chinglish!.

Very easy to install & even easier to set up & get working, 5 minutes no more. Everything being done by SMS text message. My operator allows free calls between same network mobiles but a small charge for text. You need an unlocked,(no pin),Sim card, I'm using a pay as you go as it's cheaper, so the operating costs are practically zero.

If you wish, you have the option to set it up so when armed (by text) any attempt to move it - ignition on, attempt to start, moved, bumped, car door opened, etc. will instantly generate an alert text allowing you to investigate if close.

You can remotely stop the engine & disable the vehicle. It's clever enough to do so only when the speed drops below 20 Kph, avoiding causing an accident. You can also remotely sound the horn or a siren if fitted.

To locate it and your lost vehicle, just dial the Sim card and it responds with the latitude & longitude for you to feed into Google earth/maps along with speed and other status information. Plus a URL link for your Smart-phone.

You can set up to 5 authorised numbers, non-authorised being ignored. There's also an emergency button which sends the message "help me!" with the location to all authorised mobiles.

You can set it to forward operator billing information to the main authorised mobile.

Plus lots more advanced settings and uses for those who want them.

I'll admit to being a bit of a gadget freak, but this is really easy to use worked straight out of the box and I'm happy to give it a full 5 star rating.
88 comments|100 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 19 January 2014
I confess I like gadgets, and for under £30 I thought I'd buy this and see what I can do with it.
It really does do all the things advertised, but there are too many impracticalities to use it as protection for the average car - much more suited to a commercial vehicle.
First off is the power consumption - measured at 100mA. This is not far off that used by your interior light, and you would not leave that on all day and night either. That consumption is enough to take a toll on your battery after a week without charging. The on/off switch does not actually turn it off, it refers to the backup battery. Secondly there is a lot of cabling, you can cut off that you wont be using, but the GPS and the Radio antenna need to be located somewhere they can 'see out', and they are not discreet.
It really has 4 modes, locator, tracker, car alarm and spy bug.
Locator mode is the most simple, call it up and it will text you back with position and speed. You can connect it up with just two wires, the antennas, a PAYG sim and it will work straight off in that mode.
Next you can get more adventurous, text commands to it and it will ramp up the features, such as texting you if speed goes beyond a pre set level, if it goes outside of an area you define, or tell it to routinely text you location data. If you have not put in a contract sim with free text this starts to get expensive, some commands take two texts, one to set the feature and one to turn it on, and each one is acknowledged with a text.
Next is the alarm features - there are cables to monitor the doors, fuel sensor (?) and aux power. The idea is that you can get it to text you if the vehicle has been entered, started or moved. You can then even disable the vehicle with a text command if you have connected the device into the ignition or fuel system with the supplied relay. I certainly would not trust the running of my engine at 70mph on the motorway to a small metal box, and I doubt the police or insurance company would endorse it either.
If your sim has data allowance, it looks possible to have it upload position data to a web server and view real time data over the net. The Chinglish manual isn't too detailed on this, maybe the software disk enclosed has more info - I did go to the website it mentions, it is in chinese and asks you to register for a demo, so I stopped there.
Finally with another text exchange you can tell it not to report position but simply listen in through the supplied microphone if you should call it. I cant see the value of this, I'd rather be tracking my stolen vehicle that listening to the thieves criticizing my CD collection.
In conclusion if I wanted to install something hidden to locate my vehicle then this would not be it - too much wiring (+antenna), too high a power consumption. It would be easier to hide a cheap android smartphone running a tracker/locator app - but for a commercial user with a high value vehicle or truck, I can see this being very useful, assuming you are able to cable it up and spend the time programming it via text messages.
I've made a rather rambling and admittedly dull unboxing and review for youtube here[...]
1010 comments|113 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 6 September 2015
Well I am amazed.....
This thing rocks for the tiny amount it costs.
Very simple to install. Basically chassis, 12v battery and ignition is enough to be up and working.
You can add a siren, a connection to the door light switch etc..... but they are not needed for basic tracking.
I bought a 99p Giffgaff Sim and put £10 credit on it..... (plus I got a further £10 free).
Simple to set up with a few texts, just as the instructions say.
Then I downloaded a couple of free apps for my Samsung S6. One is scheduled text app and the other makes instant text shortcuts for your phone.
I set the first app up to text 'check' to the receiver every sunday at 10am to keep the sim active.
The second app I used to make a pile of handy shortcuts that instantly send your required command to the receiver.
I put those in a folder, and left the 'Arm tracker' and Disarm tracker' shortcuts on the first page - they will be used the most.
I suggest using 'Move+password' and 'Nomove+password' as your basic two commands. This tells you if the car moves from where you left it.
AndI also like the monitor mode. The included microphone is amazing. You can hear people outside the car!.
I did not connect the supplied relay to the ignition. But you could use that 'switch' function for something else.
Finally it has an oil monitor (I think it means fuel). I am going to adapt that to give me the car battery level status when I request a system check (check+password).
TOP 100 REVIEWERon 10 April 2016
Okay I've spend quite a bit of time over the last few days tinkering with this piece of kit and I think I've got it sorted now. If you read this review it will likely save you time if you decide to try and get the GPRS tracking set up so that you can view where the tracker has been on any given day.

Unpacking
Firstly, I didn't receive a CD with mine, but you don't need it anyway. You open the box and you are presented with a whole load of wires - don't panic.

SIM Card
The instructions are pretty good and take you through initialising the tracker with a SIM card. I picked up the giffgaff sim for 1p which was promoted on the tracker sale page on Amazon. The SIM you receive will fit the older SIM size (the one you want) and also the new micro SIM - you just click off the plastic you don't need. You press in the yellow button to release the SIM tray. Put the SIM in and push the tray back in.

Installation
At this stage you may wish to install the unit into your vehicle - if so, you only need to connect the red and black cables to a permanent 12 volt supply and you're good to go. You will need to screw in the GPS and GPRS antennas - these are clearly marked. Alternatively, if you want to test the unit before installation, you can run it off the battery - just switch the switch on the unit and it will power up. Mine had power in it on delivery. Note: If you wire the unit into your vehicle, you can just turn the battery switch to 'off'.

Initialisation
Follow the instructions to initialise the tracker and then call the mobile number associated with the SIM (you will need to check what the number is on your giffgaff account online if you go for the giffgaff SIM) and as soon as it rings hang up - the tracker will send you a text with details of speed, date, time and co-ordinates. It will also show a link to Google Maps, which, if you click it will show you the location of the tracker. You can set up an over-speed alert if you wish - this will send you a text if the tracker exceeds a pre-set speed (in kilometres per hour).

Administrator Setup
You will want to set your mobile as administrator - you need to ring the tracker 10 times to lock this in; you will get a message back to confirm this has been set. You can then add additional numbers if you wish and they can then receive messages from the tracker (see NOTE in SOS Function).

SOS Function
There is an SOS function - if you press and hold the panic button for 3 seconds, the mobile numbers you have associated with the tracker will be sent a message saying 'help me!' with the location. NOTE: Someone needs to reply to this message with 'help me!' to cancel it or you and everyone else that has been added to the tracker in the administrator section will receive help-me messages every 3 minutes until someone does!!!

GPRS Setup
The unit has the facility to send it's location by GPRS (mobile data) if your SIM has data allowance. This will allow you to monitor where the tracker has been, when and how fast it was going.
The instructions cover this pretty well, but when you want to setup the online monitoring on the gps tracking website detailed in the instructions you will need an IMEI number. NOTE: This is NOT the IMEI number of the SIM card! You need to text the tracker to have it send you the IMEI number - details are in section 6.31 on page 32. Create an account and add the IMEI number and you should be good to go.
The online monitoring program will show you have an expiry date of 12 months from the end of the month that you first registered, after which time I would expect the software to lock out your IMEI number. (see below for subscription details)

GPRS Online Tracking Software Subscription
After doing a bit of digging around on the internet, it seems the company that is behind all this can be sent a paypal payment to reset your annual subscription. Their website is not able to be shown properly in this review but if you were to google 'mygpstrackers' you should find the site. Select 'GPS tracker for Personal' and you will see purchase options for renewing the subscription. There are two options, if you are using the online tracker website 'gpstrackerxy' then it will cost $15 per year; if you are using website 'gpstrackerxyZ' then it's $10 a year. Alternatively, there's an option to pay $30 for a lifetime subscription.
You can also download their free app "TrackerHome". Have a look at the video for what you can do with this.

Extras
The unit has the capability to allow you to cut the power/fuel to the engine and listen in to conversations in the cab if you wire it up for that - bit spooky if you ask me and I'm not going down that route. I just want it to track the vehicle.

Its early days for me to say how long this will last or if I shall find problems in the future (will update as required), I just though I'd add the above details to save others being unsure about the item, or wasting time as I have done. Hope this helps someone.
I highly recommend this tracker.
on 14 September 2013
If you have teenagers who are suddenly mobile with a car, or as in my case a motorcycle, this scenario should be familiar...You have no idea where they are & its now 11:30pm & you want to go to bed because you are old...
You ring their mobile which of course you pay for, but although to you its a phone - to them its an accessory & is always on silent, & besides they are not going to answer the call from you are they? So you send a text (hard work) & just as likely to be ignored. Months of frustration later - you find this device.Buy a gifgaf sim card & steal their keys on the odd night they are in the house. 2 hours later & its fitted & very covert. In its simplest form it works like this. You ring the sim card number / it rings 3 times then hangs up. 10 seconds later you get a text showing lat & long readings / speed travelling BUT more importantly a link to google earth. Now use that posh smart phone you have that confuses the crap out of you & open the link. You now know exactly where they are. Its crazy accurate I would say down to about 10mtrs & of course you can then get your smart phone to guide you to them. Bleeding great to turn up in a LIDLs car park at midnight & drive straight up to your spotty offspring asking what they are doing & are they intending on coming home (even more fun embarising them in front of their spotty baseball cap wearing bizarre language speaking chav chums) If you fit to a motorcycle - go get a tube of clear good quality silicone & seal every opening - at 34 quid it shouldnt bother you - also a wipe with thiners & the gold writing saying GPS tracker etc is all gone.
Peace of mind / revenge for the sleepless nights & confusing the crap out of them (mine now completely distrusts his smart phone!) Its worth 4 times what you pay & it works.
on 4 June 2015
Very difficult to install all the features which isn't the main problem. The main problem it will drain your battery, at least it makes your car more difficult to pinch but you won't have an alarm without a battery. Very frustrating finding your car is dead! If it didn't drain the battery it would have got 5 stars from me so I can NOT recommend this product!!