4.0 out of 5 stars Hi-tec hiking boots -just fine!
They look really nice -and warm- when worn. I tried them on to see how they fit my foot and it is ok, even though the right one seems a little bit shorter than the left one -a very slight difference but i could feel it. The point is if you wear for example number 39 (UK 6), maybe you should order number 40 on those.
Published on 3 Jan 2011 by elenik.

3.0 out of 5 stars good but not true seven.
the wife says that they was not a true seven and the toes curled up making them uncomfortablethey came on time.
Published 7 months ago by raymond collins

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Hi-tec hiking boots -just fine!, 3 Jan 2011

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent footwear for walking around the town, 8 Mar 2014
I bought these boots for walking around the town mostly and hope to get lots of walking done this summer in the surrounding countryside. So far I have found them to be comfortable and waterproof and have worn them almost every day for the past week., I bought the next size up as a precaution and as recommended by other customers; sometimes I can be a size six. I wear thick socks and they fit perfectly. I have bought another pair as, for the price they are worth it I think.

4.0 out of 5 stars Hi-Tec Borah Hiking Boot, 15 Feb 2011
These Hi-Tec boots are great and good value for money - have only worn once so far but they seemed comfortable even with thin socks.
Would certainly recommend them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Value, 3 Mar 2014
Really pleased with these boots so far, they are comfortable, wide enough, and look nice too. And for just over £20, really good value.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for price, 22 Aug 2014
J. Fell (Essex, UK) - See all my reviews
This is the first time I have bought boots online- typically I want to try them on, as i'm going to be spending a lot of time in them and comfort is important. I hadn't particularly planned to buy boots- but my eye was caught by a different pair in 'today's deals' and resulted in my browsing...

Although listed as waterproof I have found that many of the boots with the 'mesh' panels get soaking wet just walking through long grass, and as I don't like squelchy feet I wanted something that did not have mesh panels low down on the side of the boot, or across the front of the foot. These seemed to fit the bill. I have had hi-tec boots before and found them to be very comfortable, so i was fairly confident.

I read a couple of the reviews which mentioned they come up a bit small- I'm normally a 5 1/2 - 6, so ordered uk size 7. They fit quite snugly. I wouldn't say they are too small, but certainly not as roomy as other boots I've had in equivalent or smaller sizes. The toe end is not overly wide, and the suede/nubuck material is quite stiff. They are also a bit stiff around the ankle; they have a thick and wide tongue, and the ankle sits quite high, so it's difficult to lace them snugly. They feel a little heavy and clumpy compared to my old ones.

Had i tried them on in a shop i would likely not have bought them. Then again I would probably have ended up paying 4 times the price for something else.
I have worn them every day in the week or so I've had them and they are good enough that I am happy to keep them and wear them, and hope they soften up a bit. They are the cheapest pair of walking boots I think I've ever bought (apart from my best pair ever- a bargain in an army surplus store that lasted me nearly 10 years!) and I don't think the ones I've bought at 4 times the price were necessarily 4 times better. These are not uncomfortable, do not rub, and so far have kept my feet cosy and dry!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great boots, 8 Jun 2014
After reading the other reviews I ordered a size larger than normal and they fit great. Great looking boot for the price. Bought as replacements for some similar I bought 7 years ago

3.0 out of 5 stars good but not true seven., 3 Feb 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars Hi Tec womens Borah peak hiking Boots, 14 Nov 2011
Excellent, very comfortable and lightweight hiking boots, very pleased, many thanks. they have visited the Sugar Loaf, Skirrid Fawr and plan to do Dawn of Day (Craig serrathyn) shortly.

1.0 out of 5 stars Misleading sizes, 7 Jan 2011
I bought this boot recently and ordered size 7UK, which according to the Amazon size chart is 41 EUR. I am really 40.5 but there were no half sizes available. I have just received the boots and tried them on and they are too small! The box indicates that size 7UK is really 40EUR, which means the Amazon size chart was misleading. Very disappointing. Amazon need to look on the boxes to indicate sizes and not just rely on a universal size chart, which doesn't reflect every manufacturer. I am very disappointed as I now have to return these boots and am hesitant about ordering another pair online.

4.0 out of 5 stars "50 Peaks" Good for short hikes, 29 July 2014
First, you absolutely must order a size larger than usual. I did and I still found that there was little room for thick socks.
Second, I wore these on my 30 minute walk to work for a week before my hike, and found that this was sufficient for breaking them in. Nothing too painful, but it took a few trips for the leather to soften enough for me to draw the laces tight enough to fit.
Third, I wasn't impressed with the arch support, and would have liked a bit more cushion in the sole --- both easy things to customize.

That being said, I recently completed a 4 hour hike in them and my feet were happy afterward, so with a little bit of breaking in, and adjustments for one's feet, these boots are a good value for hiking boots.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›