Top positive review
Excellent, but out of date.
on 22 September 2002
This was one of three books I used to study for the 70-152 MCSD exam, which I'm happy to say I have now passed.
Good points :
- Written in an extremely readable style. Very user-friendly. Not crippled by the pompous, dry tone you find in so many computer manuals.
- Provides just the right amount of detail about critical areas for the 70-152 exam, especially MTS.
- Provides great background information about general web development issues that are invaluable for InterDev newbies.
- Written in 1998, and now a bit out of date. A revised edition for 2002 would be very welcome.
- Too much detail about areas that have no relevance to most InterDev developers. If you're studying for the 70-152 exam, the last few chapters are a complete waste of time.
My advice? Use this in conjunction with the official Microsoft InterDev study guide, and you should do just fine. The Microsoft book doesn't provide enough detail, and is rather unreadable. This one is much friendlier and much more informative. It's probably the only computer book I've read in the last year that I really felt was worth the money.