on 24 July 2011
I purchased this item as a gift for my partner, who I also bought the camera to go with it. He is a very keen photographer and I thought that two batteries are better than one. If you are out and about and the battery runs out you are stuck without another one.

Slightly pricey in my opinion, but after reading other reviews, thought that a cheaper version isn't worth the risk.

On a positive note, the battery charged very quickly and has kept it's charge to date. I charged it over a month ago.
on 6 March 2011
Bought this as a backup to the battery supplied with the camera. Having had notice from Panasonic that their tests had found no Non Panasonic batteries to be up to the full spec needed for the FZ100 Camera. I bought this battery to be sure it works correctly and it does just that. Sometimes only the best will do!
on 29 June 2014
I got this for £26 from DavidStevens75 through Amazon. It came in a box with leaflet. I charged it up and tried it in the camera and I could view the condition on the screen so I consider it to be the genuine article. It seems to be identical to the original panasonic battery that I have with the camera. I like to have a spare, I have another but that is a cheap one and it doesn't hold its charge very well, I needed a spare as my battery died while we were on a gondola in Venice so I was glad of the cheap one to tide me over. It wasn't an experience that we could repeat easily.
on 17 May 2012
Although I obtain in excess of 400 photographs with my Panasonic fz48 before the battery is exhausted I always like to carry a 'back up' battery, just in case. The full retail price of this battery is over £50 so to obtain the same genuine battery for half the price I consider a bargain. Don't be tempted to buy, so called, compatible batteries & the usage state is not displayed on your camera, also this invalidates the warranty. Very happy with my purchase.
VINE VOICEon 22 June 2011
I need a spare for the FZ100 because it uses a lot of power but I'm disappointed that it came without a box. All previous Lumix batteries I've had (for the TZ3, TZ5 and FS3) have arrived in a nice plastic box which is a great container when it's not being used. However Panasonic have probably decided that they need to save a penny so it's all cheap packaging now. The product quality is not in question, but the packaging is crap!
on 5 September 2011
Having decided to buy a Lumix FZ100 Camera, I bought a genuine spare Panasonic battery because I knew I would need one for my forthcoming holiday.If you can save a little on the actual camera,then this offsets the extra battery price.But at least you know it will give the service to the camera as it is an original item which will last.
on 29 April 2012
The battery works perfectly. It charges up in just over 2 hours and a full charge is sufficient for taking about 400 pictures.
on 25 August 2011
Genuine Panasonic battery bought as a spare for Lumix FZ45 camera, does the job and no issues with the quality of the product, but I just can't help feeling ripped off by the fact Panasonic force you to buy their batteries at exorbitant prices for their cameras, by making other cheaper batteries incompatible.
on 31 July 2014
Brilliant battery. I am amazed at just how well one charge lasts. If you are shopping for one of these, I can thoroughly recommend it. One charge lasted me almost 7 days whilst cruising the Norwegian fjords. Plenty of still shots and lots of video footage. No complaints from me whatsoever.
on 19 July 2014
An extra battery for my camera is a must.
There is nothing worse than going out for the day and having the battery give out.
This battery is a Genuine Lumix original battery
I am very pleased with my purchase..