on 25 March 2013
I've had Panasonic wired headphones for some time and they have always sounded good, so on this recommendation and those of my fellow revewers I chose to buy these headphones. Yes, they are truly superb! My hearing tails off at 1K due to old age and abuse through years of P.A. work, so I was so pleases when I listened to CDs and discovered I could hear the words of vocals again, and last night I listened to Andre Rieu on DVD through our TV - simply wonderful!!!

I am so pleased, that today I've ordered another set from Amazon - yes they are the cheapest I can find , and their service is excellent, so that I can leave the original set attached to the TV in the lounge, and the second set will be permanently set up in my studio/ office so I can again listen to CDs for pleasure, even while I work, without the hassle of changing the units over.

Oh! - the other big plus for us is that my wife and I can watch TV and DVDs together without the TV being uncomfortably loud and yet at the same time communicate with each other, since thanks to the excellent surround sound feature of the headphones the volume doesn't have to be too high on them or the TV - and there are no wires for the dogs to trip over. (Don't tell anyone - you can even go to the loo and still hear what's going on down stairs - wonderful!)

Well done Panasonic, and well done Amazon for making them available and affordable!
11 comment|153 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 19 July 2011
I dont normally leave reviews for stuff I got through Amazon (too lazy) but for these earphones I thought i'd make an exception...they are great! I've been wandering all through the rooms in my house listening to tunes!

As soon as I plugged them in the sound came through; there was no need to tune them. They are comfortable to wear and the sound is great.

There hasn't been any interference to signal. I'm really surprised at this because I live next to a railway and the overhead cables used to interfere with my television signal (until I got satellite).

All in all, i'm really impressed and would wholeheartedly recommend them!
0Comment|174 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 9 October 2011
I really deliberated before choosing this Panasonic item.I read all the sceptical comments on various makes of cordless/wireless earphones like "too loose/too tight/poor range/fades in and out/hisses so turn the volume source up and decrease the headset volumes/battery life poor" and then I choose the Panasonic ones.
No trouble whatsover,didn't need even need to tune them in .Excellent product with none of the above problems
on 19 June 2013
These headphones seem to offer great value for money but beware, according to Panasonic you shouldn't expect to get 30 -40 months out of them before the sound quality starts to degrade. I've had mine close to three years now and they are working at 60% efficiency. I bought them from Argos and regret not having taken out the product insurance they offer. I know a number of people who have experienced the same problem but sod's law dictates you only get to hear about it after you have bought the bloody thing. All in all I would give these headphones a wide berth despite the number of posts to the contrary. Panasonic were quite cavalier about their quality control policy when I complained and advised me to purchase another make if I wasn't happy. To reiterate: you have been warned!
on 13 October 2011
Brought these for two reasons, listening to music in the garden, and listening to TV late at night so I do not disturb sleepers. I've found the product ideal for both these tasks, they are simple to set up, just plug in, insert into appliance headset jack and press the tuning button (5mins and that includes fitting rechargeable batteries). Sound quality is good, especially with the surround function on, even taken to maximum with no distortion. They do feel a bit flimsy, but this is probably down to the lightweight material that enables them to be comfortable to wear.Battery life is as advertised at 15 hours but I have not had a reason to test their 100m range. Well done Panasonic for a great product at a good value. Would recommend for anyone, I'm even buying a second pair for my father.
11 comment|91 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 28 April 2013
I am a big fan of Panasonic products, hence I went for this. Now I have used it for over a year, barely scratched or anything. Ear pads are soft and fits well. But the soft rubbery stretchable over the head thing is a nightmare now as my hair started to have like a lawnmoved mark by pressing on to my head to long. Also not having a auto switch off function is also rubbish. Takes forever and a day to charge up fully. I often use my rechargeable AAA batteries when this dies on me. But you cannot recharge any other batteries in that other than the ones that comes with it. I haven't tested the reason for it, I guess the MAh rating is not the same, other than that I see no reason for that to happen. Over all operating time fully charged is acceptable.

Sound quality is good, I watch TV with it. Range is good too. Only grumble is that when you turn your head at certain angles, a certain hiss comes. I always turn the base station to a different angle at it solved the problem. I guess not buying a fully digital until would have such RF disturbance issues.

Over all I am happy with the product. Next time I will go to a shop try the fit before buying. That's the only issue.
on 28 November 2011
These headphones worked immediately and had good range but they were too tight for someone with not a particularly big head and have no ability at all to adjust. They fully enclose your ears and after a short while mine got uncomfortably hot - which doesn't happen with the sort that sit on my ears.
Also, while the sound might be OK for someone with perfect hearing, it had too pronounced a mid-range boxy sound for someone with rather reduced high frequency hearing (as many older people have, especially those who have enjoyed loud music for years). Playing music, this is not particularly a problem - it just sounds a bit too mellow and lacking in sparkle, but I wanted to hear TV dialogue clearly and other headphones (admittedly wired) are far better for this. I am still looking for wirefree headphones which have a brighter sound suitable for hearing often indistinct film dialogue.
33 comments|128 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 14 August 2011
Bought these primarily to listen to internet radio while spending an hour every week mowing the lawn - although the garden covers an acre, can listen to the music very well with only the occasional drop out being far away and on the wrong side of the house. They worked straight out of the box. Putting the phones on the cradle to charge can be a bit fiddly, but just make sure the red light comes on. I am very pleased with them.
33 comments|93 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 25 July 2011
Bought these after much deliberation, for my wonderful hard of hearing partner. He Loves them!!!. Look stylish, cut out background noise and last after charging forever, ("no not really but a long time") Love the easy sit charging base. Hope they last longer than the last purchase (not Panasonic)
11 comment|98 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 26 April 2011
I have just purchased these wonderful Wireless Headphones and they are truly superb.
I am very slightly deaf therefore my wife and I need different sound levels for TV and I can now adjust the sound on the Headphones to suit me and my wife adjusts the TV accordingly.
I also find them absolutely great when I use them with my I Pod Docking speakers.
I have no hiss with perfect reproduction even at the bottom of the garden 60 feet away!
I had already returned two sets of speakers (different makes) as the quality was so poor.
Thoroughly recommend.
44 comments|98 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse