5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to use compact scales with a useful storage stand
Published on 28 Mar. 2011 by Chris Baker

1.0 out of 5 stars Worst scales ever!
Published on 18 Feb. 2013 by mad4music

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to use compact scales with a useful storage stand, 28 Mar. 2011
Chris Baker "Chris B" (Witney, Oxon United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Salter StowAWeigh 9055 WH3R Electronic Bathroom Scale (Personal Care)
These scales are much better than my old mechanical ones. They are smaller, and have a stand that enables them to be stored upright (e.g. in a corner or on a shelf) without them falling over. To use, you get on, wait for the beep that tells you you've been weighed and then read the result. Easier than bending down to read a dial (the shift in balance made the dial on my mechanical scales jiggle about, and the dial was getting harder to read as I got older).
The scales weigh to an accuracy of 0.1 kilos (they also weigh in stones and pounds, but I like kilos). At that level of accuracy you will see the changes in your weight due to how recently you ate/drank/went to the loo, as well as any longer-term changes you are working on. That's NOT a problem with the scales: if you just drank a pint of water, you temporarily weigh 0.5kg/1 lb more, because that is what the water weighs. So the scales are being accurate in telling you this. The advice that I've seen is that you should weigh yourself at the same time every day. That way, you can see what is small fluctuations and what is a trend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value item, 16 Oct. 2011
What a fantastic bargain this is.

All the features you could want from a set of bathroom scales - neat, stylish, functional (including option to select st/lbs or kgs) - and at such a good price.
The battery came already inserted so I had them operating within seconds of opening the box.
Only quibble - the instructions say to 'tap' the scales with your foot to turn them on. But you really need to put a full foot's pressure on, not just a quick tap. Fully recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent product, 27 Feb. 2011
Excellent product, very accurate, small, neat, and pleasing on the eye, does what it says on the box!!.

1.0 out of 5 stars Worst scales ever!, 18 Feb. 2013
Received these Salter stow-a-weigh scales this morning, and eagerly unpacked them. I pulled the little tab to activate them, waited for a beep, then stood on them. OMG! On a flat, even surface, it displayed over 18 stone. I then put them on the carpet to see what happened - I had lost over 10 stone, just from moving out of the kitchen and into the living-room. I can assure you that, even though I may have put a little weight on over Christmas/New Year, I weigh nothing like either of the weights shown. Got in touch with Amazon (who were brilliant) and was immediately offered a full refund. All I can really add is - if you want some good, accurate scales, stay well clear of these!

4.0 out of 5 stars Scales are good but, 7 May 2011
C. J. Hicks - See all my reviews
These scales are accurate and consistent so for normal purposes meets all the needs of bathroom scales. But they require my full weight to get them to start (not just vibration as indicated in the instructions) and they are not suitable for wieghing low weights (e.g.hand baggage for a flight)

1.0 out of 5 stars Didn't work, 12 Aug. 2013
Bought this item didn't work wouldn't read any weight even from my 10 year old son. Sent back and money refunded.
Quite a small standing space and my feet are size 7.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not very impressive at all, 12 April 2011
Works sometimes on floor, other times saying 00kg and not reading any reading. Put the carpet feet on, and product still wont read a weight reading. Hopeless

1.0 out of 5 stars Variable Results, 15 Oct. 2011
We've found that these scales provide variable results within a couple of kilos or a few pounds either way. Not helpful. Very disappointed.

1.0 out of 5 stars Awful scales.........., 24 Aug. 2012
These scales are really not very good at all, the carpet feet don't fit on the bottom and my weight goes up and down within minutes by three to four pounds which is really annoying. If I still had the packaging I would return then, feel like I have been ripped off for 20.00. Off to boots tomorrow to weigh myself.

1.0 out of 5 stars Stow AWeigh? ThrownAWeigh!!, 15 Aug. 2011
Amazon Customer (St Just, Cornwall UK) - See all my reviews
My good old scales fell apart. Decided to buy this model because of Salter's reputation and the good feedback. But I was unlucky. The first day the scales were incredibly erratic and the bleeper didn't sound. On the second day the output read "Lo" and even after trying on a hard floor the battery rapidly died. Tried the battery from my old scales [might have been low anyway] and it died overnight. Put in a new battery and this also died by the next morning. Amazon very helpful and refunded money. I did test all these batteries on my little handheld machine and they were indeed dead, including the one which was in the scales on arrival. I have to monitor my weight, so I'm feeling very fed up!!