5.0 out of 5 stars Corel Draw - I draw and create
A very sophisticated piece of software from an old favourite of mine. Having used Adobe CS3 complete software, I find myself refreshed into more creative designing with Corel's latest offering.
Published on 6 Dec. 2010 by J. Horrod

1.0 out of 5 stars Wish I had looked at Corel Forum before buying
Tried installing on a Windows PC (XP Sp3)with all latest updates installed and following manufacturers instructions but have never managed to get this software to work.
All programs in the software package fail with ARM errors.
Looking at Forum on Corel web site this would appear to be a problem many users have encountered.
Published on 28 May 2011 by Amazon Customer

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Corel Draw - I draw and create, 6 Dec. 2010
J. Horrod (Leroy Jethro Gibbs) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Corel DRAW Home & Student Suite X5, up to 3 PCs (PC) (CD-ROM)
Once a basic grasp is acquired of how the fundamental elements work (a nice reference and user manual is provided) you can make endless creations each more startling than the last - there is only one problem I can see with this package - time to use it effectively!
Brilliant.

5.0 out of 5 stars Value, 19 Nov. 2010
D. Brearley (UK) - See all my reviews
This is a great product (long time user from Corel 2 on a pile of floppy disks), excellent value and no real constraint on features in this Home Edition - I primarily use DRAW but Corel Paint is also in the package which is equally full featured (there will be some limitation no doubt but nothing has come to light yet). Just buy it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Corel Draw Vs.X5 home and Student Suite, 14 Jun. 2011
Having struggled to get Corel Draw V.12 and V.X3 to work with Windows 7 Pro it was time to consider replacing the software. The full Corel Draw was now out of the question so I decided to purchase the X5 Home and Student Suite. This worked fine straight out of the box so the decision was the right one. The software is more than adequate for my needs and I am delighted with it.

It must be said that Corel were 100% unhelpful when I called for some advice before making the purchase. It would be OK if I was a company but as a home user (albeit for a charity) they were not interested.

Legga

4.0 out of 5 stars corel draw x5 for beginners, 26 Nov. 2011
I purchased this item in 2010. I was desperate to get a hold of adobe photoshop and illustrator, but couldnt afford, and friends were too long in allowing me to use theirs. In the end I settled for Corel draw. I have never used the software before or Adobe. The first thing I did was open up and print off as much of the corel tutorials pdfs available on the software (student version. I also purchased the official Corel Graphics X5 guide book. This book has an internet link so that you can download plenty more tutorials. So far I have taught myself many design skills useful for fashion. All in all I havent experienced any significant set backs as of yet. My software runs on the barest minimum pc. As a novice I have found the software to be significantly easier to pick up than Adobe. And I love using it.

1.0 out of 5 stars Wish I had looked at Corel Forum before buying, 28 May 2011
All programs in the software package fail with ARM errors.

4.0 out of 5 stars Corel Draw X5, 19 April 2011
This Corel Draw home and student seems to be quite good when I compare it to previous versions I've used. Though there are bound to be some areas where it doesn't match up to the commercial ones, but for the price it is on Amazon it's very competitive when compared to other retailers. This product also allows installation on up to three computers, so handy for all the family.

4.0 out of 5 stars Corel Draw, 1 April 2011
The product has been simpler than I expected to use and is proving to be of value.

I run a consulting business, which has on occassions meant I have had to do design/creative work on brochures and flyers.

Corel was recommended to me by my printer as this makes it easier for him to make changes and simpler for me when doing the draft designs with the clients and sales teams.

I am still in the process of learning so will do a follow up as I get more proficient.

3.0 out of 5 stars Corel X5, 9 Mar. 2011
Mr. S. Beadle "SBnewstead" (Dumfries & Galloway, Scotland) - See all my reviews
Excellent features and a little easier to use than earlier versions.

The problem I have is that having changed to a Windows 7 laptop my earlier version of Corel no longer works - hence the purchase of X5. I now find that the 1000's of designs I created in my earlier version will not print out the same due to different colour management of X5.

It's probably a great suite if you don't want to use your existing designs - but for me it's useless.

2.0 out of 5 stars The Amstrad of graphics packages, 13 Nov. 2013
If you want to create diagrams for your school project or you want to annotate a few photos then this will probably do fine. However, having been self-employed back in the 90's using professional programs such as Freehand and Photoshop this thing had me crying with frustration. The drawing package in particular is infuriating - group editing options (i.e. editing complex objects without having to ungroup them and/or altering more than one detail at a time)are truly pathetic. Does not even scale the thickness of lines when the size of an object is scaled - which defeats the whole point of a vector graphics package where you're supposed to be able to scale without loss of quality. Don't touch with a barge pole unless don't know what "vector graphics" means, in which case you might be alright. There is a nasty trend at the moment for software producers to reduce functionality in favour of gimmicks. This thing is the equivalent of a 1980's Amstrad music centre - all graphic equalizers and complicated looking knobs that don't do a lot, but it sounds alright as long as you don't know any different.

5.0 out of 5 stars Corel Draw, 19 Feb. 2011
I have been using Corel Draw for about 15 years. This version is very similar to the older version so there is a small learning curve. I find it to be an excellent design tool which covers all aspects of design.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Corel DRAW Home & Student Suite X5, up to 3 PCs (PC)
Out of stock