5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic
Published on 24 Oct 2010 by teddy

3.0 out of 5 stars Dyson DC33
Awesome cleaning performance on large floor areas - either carpet or ceramic tiles.

Noise level high, but that was expected.

Published on 1 Feb 2011 by JFP

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 24 Oct 2010
This review is from: Dyson DC33 Multi Floor Bagless Upright Vacuum Cleaner with 5 Year Warranty (Kitchen & Home)
I did extensive research before I bought this vac. I looked at the DC24 and DC 25 (the ones with the ball) and I had almost decided to go with the DC25 from Amazon at the most competitive price. Then I went to try it in Currys. I found that steering it was a new experience. I wouldve had to learn to use a vac all over again and it wouldnt have fitted into where I wanted it to go. So I stumbled across the DC33 and researched that extensively, and everything about it is better than the DC25 except the weight which is only a little heavier. It (the DC33) has better suction, longer hose, better tools, longer lead and to cap it all it is nearly 50 cheaper. So I ordered it and it is brilliant, I love it, and sadly have vacuumed the carpets to within an inch of their life. Love it love it love it. And Amazon delivered early too. Brilliant.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice Dyson upright, 18 Oct 2010
Amazon Buyer - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
When my new upright Dyson DC33 came , I imagined I may need to piece it together, but it was just a matter of pushing the ends of the pipes onto the base, that was all it took to assemble, and no screwdrivers involved at all, made it easy peasy. So, 5 minutes later it was in operation and I am delighted with the results.

Lookswise this has shrunk ever so slightly , although lighter than the older style upright, it is still weighty to lift and carry if you need to lift it up the stairs a lot, but slightly more ergonomic handle, and I note it has become more streamlined ,and the casing tone is a richer gunmetal grey with red switches. It looks very smart.

The very long cord reached around my lounge with ease, length of flex is more than adequate, saving you needing to go in each room and unplug.

I have a mixture of floor coverings- laminate , lino and carpets ,so all the head adjustment settings were put to the test! I tried the concertina attachment on the stairs, and it got the dust and crumbs from the corners as well with the nozzle. Daintier in appearance it's been reduced an inch or two on width, not so cumbersome. All the components click and slide into position easily to use the on board tools.

There is a setting for 'hard floor' or 'carpet' and simple pictorial diagrams for reminders of where your filters are hidden, and how to clean them both and when indicated by 12 month cyclic chart.

The Dyson dust container empties when full, it's great, as you won't need to come in contact with the debris collected, and the Hepa filters will ease allergies , to dispose of the dust, simply remove , simply tap it gently to loosen the fluff and dust, and that is it empty ,then simply return the Dyson container back onto its plinth.

You will have regularly have to clean the lifetime filters with plain cold water every 3 months as tipping the cyclone container into the bin will suffice if your home is of average size and Dyson weekly useage. The inside can be wiped down if its ultra dusty too.

I am familiar with the Dyson brand name, as had one before, so I recommend this one to anyone reading. I did look at all of them on the web, and shop around, wanted to get the ball but seen how small it was and not that robust, compared models and some seemed very steeply priced , the Amazon price for this model was the lowest on the web at the time and so, I ordered on Friday at 3pm, used the FREE Amazon direct delivery service, item was with me on the Monday morning!( the usual high quality Amazon delivery and despatch) and no problems since.

This Dyson model seemed to fit all the criteria and it does the same job as the one in at 100+ more .

To Summarise:

-It cleans hard floor and carpets equally well
-Looks nice and neat
-Lighter than older Dysons
-Bagless
-Lifetime filters
-It's good if someones got allergies due to HEPA filtration
-Very long cable
-Powerful suction
-Quieter motor than my older Dyson
-10cm longer concertina hose than on previous model
-No complicated assemby required
-5 years warranty ,easy online registration (and envelope provided for postal registration)
-Tools are easily interchanged and pipes removed to check for possible blockages
-Easy instructions
-Simple to follow instruction book
-Swift delivery when in stock at Amazon, arrives within 2 days of ordering with standard free delivery( correct at time of reviewing!)

I recommend it, as I honestly can't find any negative aspects.

4.0 out of 5 stars Dyson DC33 Multi Floor Upright Vacuum Cleaner, 24 Oct 2010
As a hardened Dyson user I didn't consider any other manufacturer. This vacuuum meets all my requirements and gives excellent results every time. One bonus is that it is lighter than my previous machine. The only gripe I have is with the size of the waste container - much smaller than I'm used to and consequently needs to be emptied more.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value Dyson, 3 Dec 2010
Bought this to replace an old 'animal' DC14 that was past its best. Debated buying this, an animal variant, and a newer ball style. After a huge amount of research, picked this - we never used the animal attachment on the DC14, and found that the suction of the model itself was enough to pick up hairs from a labrador on wood, rugs and carpet, so it seemed a waste of money. I can hoover my four bedroom house before emptying the container, so its size isn't an issue for me. It's emptied after each top to bottom clean, and whenever needed after those 'quick run around' cleans. Emptying is a doddle - take the container to the bin, empty, then take back and click back into place. Really impressed by suction - rugs are quite literally a lighter colour now. Only drawback on my machine is the hose, which seems very tight - reach too far and the whole thing tips over, meaning that I have to hold the dyson itself with one hand whilst moving the hose with the other. Don't know whether this is particular to my machine - am hoping it will loosen with use. Impressed by amazon price - significantly lower that at currys, asda, dyson et al, and the lowest on the web by a good margin, giving excellent value. Added bonus was very fast delivery from amazon even on standard delivery. Overall, am very happy with the way that this meets our needs.

4.0 out of 5 stars It's a dyson., 10 Jan 2011
Mr Jabbar. (Stoke Newington, London.) - See all my reviews
Quick feedback....Ordered boxing day 2010 and arrived in 4 days which is excellent. Comes fully boxed as expected. Unpacked using their method, which is laying the box flat and unpack. If you try and open the box upright, you will struggle and may end up damaging the product. It comes in three pieces and you don't need a degree to click them together...very simple. First impressions.....very plasticy and the front will most probebly crack after some use. My privious dyson was a Tyson...it took a lot of beatings...furniture, cooker, fridge, the Mrs the kids...hey after all they're in my way not I'm in theirs..lol. Any way, I used to use the George Vacuum. You know...Henrys old man. It's very powerful and sucks up all the dust. I used George first to clean front room and to test the Dyson, I went over the same room again.....I think I'll put George into a residence now...he's had his time. I was amazed at what the dyson picked up in the same room. OK...to sum it up, It's a Dyson. Does the job very effectively BUT 4 star not 5 because it should atleast look 180 quids worth and not plasticy. There you go hope that helps.

UPDATE: FEB'13

As some has mentioned the hose was very inflexible and quite stiff. It finally cracked. But by calling Dyson care, 2 minute call, they sent out a replacement within 3 days. Good CC included with your purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars A vacuum cleaner is a distress purchase isn't it?, 10 Oct 2010
Its a Dyson, and that means its relatively expensive so it ought to work well, and it does. In fact its almost viscous with your carpets. When we first used it I wondered whether my wife had swept the floors for a year or more it pulled up so much dust etc. It is really powerful which means that the rather small 'bag' is a bit of a problem - it gets full rather quickly, but maybe this won't be so much of a problem once we've picked up all the dirt that seems to be lying around unnoticed! We had an old Dyson - one of the originals I think and it lasted well - I'm expecting this one to do the same and certainly its build quality seems good - also I'm expecting the same good service from Dyson, if we ever need to call on it, as we have recieved in the past. It appears to be a great vacuum cleaner.

4.0 out of 5 stars One mean sucker, 24 Nov 2010
Robert Carr - See all my reviews
Works great as an upright - had a 10 year old Dyson canister before and the DC33 is far better. Other reviews led me to believe it would be quieter that older models, but this is not the case (as noisy as my old one). First few sessions were a pain as it sucked so much stuff out of the carpet that the canister (a bit small IMHO) had to be emptied quite often. The rotatey brush really brings the weft of the carpet back to life and cleans quite deep down, helped by the tremendous suction power.

Only had it a few days, and the only bit I find a faff is the telescopic wand. You need to pull on the hose quite hard to deploy it, and I keep pulling the main body over. The pull on the hose makes the wand quite cumbersome to use on the stairs; there's probably a knack, but I haven't got it yet. The supplied accessories for the wand are limited, so I'll be buying a 'Turbine Head' for the stairs.

I'd recommend it, but don't build too much hope on the wand aspect.

5.0 out of 5 stars Gives my old cleaner an inferiority complex!, 8 Dec 2010
This represents good value for money - you get a lot of suck for your buck!! It's no heavier than a lot of other cleaners on the market and certainly not difficult to move about the floor. The feature of it reaching to the top of the stairs doesn't work in our house as we've got two corners on our stairs, but it's still brilliant. We have a very fluffy dog and this hoover is so good I can now groom her in the lounge as it's no problem to clean up - very handy in the cold weather. All-in-all, I'm very pleased with this and wish it could do all my cleaning jobs!!

3.0 out of 5 stars Dyson DC33, 1 Feb 2011

Noise level high, but that was expected.

Onboard tool stowage better than in our previous model (we had a DC04 for 10 years). However, using the small tools for small surfaces isn't a great experience. The extending wand is fiddly to engage, and feels flimsy. The wand is a plastic moulding, unlike the aluminium extrusion of the DC04. The staircase tool is ok, but the other tool is less effective than in the DC04. The DC33 combines the small brush with the narrow crevice tool in what appears to be a clever concept. The execution of that concept isn't a complete success, since the small brush is fixed at a less-than-useful angle (and becomes useless for high shelves where clearance above is restricted), and the crevice tool is too wide to fit into narrow spaces such as in seat frames.

Nearly all the metal parts of predecessor machines have been replaced with plastic mouldings in the DC33, which has helped to reduce cost and weight. That's good. What's not good is the perceived quality and usefulness of the small tools. Back to the concept design review with that one, Mr Dyson.

5.0 out of 5 stars If you think you'd rather buy something cheaper -don't!, 14 Nov 2010
Ian Williams "ianw" (Sunderland, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
After two cheap and crappy Electroluxes in a row (on my wife's insistence), when the latest one went wrong again I said a few rude words, compared a few Dysons on Amazon and went for this one.

No card filter which has to be endlessly cleaned every five minutes, just a hard plastic filter rinsed every three months. Easy to put together from the box and easy to use. Only two settings: carpets and hard floors and easily changed over with your foot. Easy to empty: just click it free and -the first time I did this, being used to Electroluxes and not reading the manual, pressed a button to free the cylinder and ended up with dust all over my feet- hold the cylinder over a bin, now click the button and -phoomph!- it empties from the bottom. Being long and lean, the cord fits comfortably and neatly against the shaft. It's got suction power in spades.

I did find it a little difficult to free the suction tube from the main body so I could use the two other suction tools (which are both good) but then I'm a klutz so it's probably me.

Best vacuum cleaner I've ever had and I'm 62. Highly recommended. Once you've had a Dyson you'll never go back.