VINE VOICEon 10 August 2011
I must admit, I don't normally find myself reviewing shaving products, so bear with me, I'll give it my best!

The first point I think I need to make clear is that you NEED to like (or even love) menthol. I don't think that having a tolerance for menthol will be enough, as its quite strong-smelling indeed, and when applied to your face and neck (can't say for elsewhere, I only shave my face!) the menthol smell is quite overwhelming, and totally fills your nasal passage. That said, I quite like it. It's a real freshener, and really decongests you first thing in the morning, so it scores marks on this (for me) but please note, thats a personal opinion, we'll get down to the factual info below.

If you read the back it states the usual "best used with our entire shaving range" slogan, and doesn't really promise anything special. I don't own their entire shaving range, suffice to say, this is the only product of theirs I use, and it works just fine as part of 'my' range. It's a clear, aqua-teal-blue colour and DOESN'T go opaque, or lather up when applied and worked into skin. It remains clear, and to me this is neither a pro nor a con but I suppose for those who wish to do fine trimming, or create intricate beard-styles, this is a plus as it will give you a greater degree of accuracy.

It feels smooth, and it works just as advertised. As a side-note, the menthol nature creates a slightly 'chilling' feeling on the skin after the shave, which counters any heat-rash you may encounter. Again, I haven't really encountered any irritation but that 'cool' feeling is a real benefit, it feels very fresh.

So to wrap it up, again I mention I've never reviewed something like this before so if I've missed something or you'd like to get my opinion on something else, please comment below, its good for its value IF you like menthol, and fancy something a bit different.

Hope this helps.
on 6 September 2011
Well What can i say, what a product. i've only being using this range of products for a couple of weeks now and let me tell you, as a guy who always use to get irritation and flamation around my face and underneath it, around the neck area. I absolutly hated shaving. But now i've found the king of shaves range.

I will never touch a Gillette or a Wilkingson Sword product again. This stuff caters for my face beautifully. This particular shaving gel is amazing on the face with a cooling menthol that leaves you feeling fresh and your skin all soft and tingly after you shave. And when you apply it to your face after you have preshaved (in other words splashed water on your face and made it all wet), the aloe vera really helps glide the razor across it.

For anyone who has sensitive skin and is finding it hard or unbearrible to shave, getting all the marks and rash's and pulling or irritation from what they shave with. I suggest trying or sampling these products(ya know the razor, the alpha gels or the face scrub and face balm's) cause my life is now alot easier shaving, that i can tell you!
on 11 April 2013
Love this product, leaves your skin feeling smooth and clean. THe best part is that its a type of clear gel (similar to shaving oil) and its easier to see where you're shaving especially if you have a "designer beard"
on 10 April 2013
HAVE HAD OTHER SHAVING GELS BUT THIS IS THE BEST OF ALL, AFTER USING IT YOUR FACE FEELS LOVELY AND REFRESHED
WILL CONTINUE TO BUY THIS AND AT A VERY VERY GOOD PRICE AS WELL. PLUS YOU WONT FIND ANY BETTER
Having already owned the standard 'Alphagel Sensitive Skin Shave Gel' (Blue container), I became interested in what other products King of Shaves offer. This was purely speculative as the Sensitive Skin offering has been flawless for myself, but the prospect of shaving with a menthol intriguing is to say the least.

The real draw of this shaving gel range is that it doesn't lather into a thick foam; meaning that after about ten seconds of dissolving, it is completely transparent. So impressive is this effect that I would probably struggle to shave without it now! It provides unbeatable accuracy (which in itself helps to prevent new hair growth above the cheeks/lower-neck) and makes it easier to work out which areas need an extra pass with your razor. From this angle, the Cooling Menthol behaves in exactly the same way as the Sensitive Skin offering.

But when you compare the gels reaction to the skin, the differences are far less subtle. The menthol in this product is quite overpowering and would easily wake up even the groggiest body. Despite having quite sensitive skin myself, it held up well and I didn't feel any side-effects to the added ingredient. To add to this, you also have an ice cooling sensation that is designed to eradicate any razor rashes that you may encounter, which if you're in a rush for work of a morning, can be plentiful.

Comparing this product directly with Sensitive Skin Shave Gel, the added menthol is a simple but fairly effective feature. It's effect is of course quite temporary, yet I still feel that the Sensitive Skin version is a more comfortable product to use as nothing interrupts the shave. The menthol, while pleasant to take in through your passageways, doesn't really add much in the way of protection and should therefore be treated as a niché feature.
on 18 August 2013
I like the wet method of shaving and the Alphagel works very well with my Philips wet and dry shaver.
on 24 June 2012
I have been using King Shave for years and it is by far the best shaving gel in the world. Far better then anyrhing else on the market. Closer, faster shave and no razor burn.

Only downside is the delivery, I used to order in the weekend and get the product on a tuesday (I live in Belgium). Last few orders took more then 10 days, up to two weeks and that's just not acceptable.
on 2 October 2013
A VERY GOOD SHAVING GEL,IT IS VERY REFRESHING AND COOLING AND COMES AT A REASONABLE PRICE,I WOULD RECOMMEND THIS PRODUCT VERY HIGHLY.
on 11 September 2013
Brilliant....nice and fresh!! Gives a great shave and no irritation.!! etc etc ewtc etc ettkmrewgknqjnbqjbqbwqh ds sd sdd sad ds
on 27 October 2013
does as it says ,helps with that cool shave no burning feeling using this, recomend this to everyone for the cool shave feeling