5.0 out of 5 stars One of my overall favourite!
Published on 6 Nov 2011 by N. M. Bradford

2.0 out of 5 stars Like Trying to Control an Angry Owl
Published on 22 Aug 2011 by Sam Tyler

5.0 out of 5 stars One of my overall favourite!, 6 Nov 2011
N. M. Bradford "Nicola" (Wickham, Hampshire, UK) - See all my reviews
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Legends of the Guardians (PS3) (Video Game)
I am an 11 year old girl, and I have to say, this is probably my favorite ps3 game. It has amazing graphics, sound effects and voices from the actors from the film, along with animated videos which play after completing a level, which is either exciting and addictive or relaxing and stimulating to control, as you watch your owl (which you can choose as either a barn, great grey, horned or spotted owl) zooms through the sky, with amazing detail to the feathers. Or, your owl can dive at tremendous speeds and wear battle claws an helmets, which look rather cool on your flying owl. It is also possible of holding hot coals which it can unleash at your command, hoot, backflip, barge into enemies, twist for a boost, catch wind currents and order its wingmen to attack (three owls and an eagle).

Also, you can go into free mode and collect scrolls and shinies (owl money) which unlock armour for your owl.

All in all, this is a very cool game, and you will be sure to enjoy it. It is not 'aggressive' as some people say, but just goreless, bloodless, exciting fun which has battles which just includes chasing enemies and the occasional leaping onto an unsuspecting enemy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Interview with 13yr old son...., 28 Jan 2014
Heidi (Stafford, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Legends of the Guardians (PS3) (Video Game)
I know this game didn't get great reviews but I love it!! It's great being able to fly like an owl :-) Maybe it's because I like birds of prey, I don't know. It's not much like the film really but I still really like it.

4.0 out of 5 stars good buy, 29 May 2013
This review is from: Legends of the Guardians (PS3) (Video Game)
im useless with game but this one is very good i loved the film and love the game to not hard to play

5.0 out of 5 stars Xmas Prezzie, 3 Feb 2013
This review is from: Legends of the Guardians (PS3) (Video Game)
well received by grandson-very happy with playing & showing friends. friends swop their prezzies 2. would recommend to others to purchase

2.0 out of 5 stars Like Trying to Control an Angry Owl, 22 Aug 2011
= Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Legends of the Guardians (PS3) (Video Game)
I am possibly one of a few people who play movie tie in games before watching the films. Try and convince me to go and see a 3D kids movie about a bunch of owls and I would say no. Offer me a game based on a 3D kids movie about a bunch of owls - at a decent price, sure. Therefore, I have had the dubious pleasure of playing `Legends of the Guardians' and not seeing the film. If the movie experience is anything like the game, it is probably one to miss.

`Legends' is a flight simulation game. You choose between different breeds of owls that determine your speed, strength and defence. Once chosen you embark on a war against evil owls, bats and crows. This takes the form of aerial combat, once close to an enemy you can hit, grab or throw them; by pressing buttons at the right time you can even string several attacks together at once. The majority of the game is basically the same; follow some enemies and destroy them and their base. The controls can take a little getting used to, but after an hour or so the simple battle mechanics are just about playable.

The issue with the game is with the flying mechanic; it feels sluggish and like you are turning around in thick pea soup. Throw in the same type of levels over and over again and you soon become bored. The voice acting is adequate and the graphics are simple, but work. None of these can make up for the bland gameplay that is made trickier by the flying controls, but overly simple by the battle controls. Veteran gamers will find it samey and too easy, new gamers will find it a steep learning curve. If you are looking for a flight sim on console, something like IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds Of Prey would be a better option, and a better kids film game is `Toy Story 3' or `Rango'.

4.0 out of 5 stars Simple but fun!, 2 July 2011
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Legends of the Guardians (PS3) (Video Game)
I bought this game just because I liked the movie and I can say, I like it just as much! The graphics may not be as good as some other games but it is cute and easy to play.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great fun, well worth the money, 12 Jan 2013
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Legends of the Guardians (PS3) (Video Game)
this is a brilliant game, although it does not follow the story of the film very closely it is very enjoyable and has a more than satisfactory story. the thing that makes this game so special is -of course- the flying. I have never played a game with a better flying experience, you are given full control of the owls and although there is no real chance to free roam the flying is an amazing experience. the movement of the bird are also very realistic. I got the platinum trophy on this game with ease- it is not difficult, it just takes a while. the combat is also very fun although it is not to varied, I didn't get bored of it.

however as I have said this game would have benefited from a free roam element. this game could also be longer and have a few more interesting missions- there's a few when you just follow folk for ages and have to wait till the end of the mission to have any fun.

overall 90/100

Legends of the Guardians (PS3)
Legends of the Guardians (PS3) by Warner Bros. Interactive (PlayStation 3)
8.13