Format: Kindle Edition with Audio/VideoChange
Price:£3.30

on 2 June 2010
Despite being a hardcover, it's a pretty lightweight book. Big print, lots of white space - you can read this very quickly, which is good in a couple of ways as it means it is clearly laid out and you can take it all in in one go. It has good advice and is quite inspirational, but at no point did I fill my pants. There were no surprises.

He summarises the book in three points early on and, in hindsight, I could have stopped reading at that page.

I think his website was instantly more influential than his book. Nevertheless, he is passionate and has a strong and interesting personality, which comes through in text, but more so on screen.
on 9 January 2010
After seeing a video of Gary, I was interested in understanding better how he achieved his personal brand and ordered this book. Really excellent and inspiring.
But not only blabla, Gary really explains the how to do it . A must if you want to start online (or even offline).
on 21 April 2010
Useful book in case you consider your passion is focused in sharing your thoughts,knowledge and expertise through blogging.It is full of good references to tools and URL's that could help you in optimize the digital strategy for your blogs.
on 24 October 2011
If I hadn't been on holiday, I would have stopped reading this book during the first chapter. I'm glad I didn't.

The first chapter (to get it out of the way) is full of exhortations and over-enthusiastic.

The remainder of the book is full of practical advice on how to do internet marketing. I suspect it will age quickly and Gary Vaynerchuck would do well to bring out a revision in a year or so but the essence of the internet business approach is extremely sound and well written, discussing where and how to get visibility on the Internet - and how to make money from it.

Overall a very good read.
on 26 January 2014
This is the predecessor of Jab Jab Right Hook. This is the first instalment which has the purpose of giving you the belief in your passion and desire to become an entrepreneur. As a budding entrepreneur I sometimes feel that my obsession with turning my passion into my way of living is far fetched, but this book has simply confirmed that you must love and live what you do. This is the first fundamental step in creating the business of your dreams, and if you need some wholesome advice into doing just that this book has done a great job.
on 9 July 2010
As an introduction to how social media can be used to promote your sevices/company this is brilliant. It is easy to read and realistic about the amount of effort required to achieve the desired outcome.
on 12 November 2015
If you're thinking about starting a business, you'll have read every similar topic and message in this book already, but for free online.

A useful list of obvious things you should do to market yourself (get a Twitter and Facebook page set up - thanks Gary, wouldn't have thought of that), and then it's general low level motivational stuff (YOU are in control! YOU have to make it happen!).

Save the money you'd have spent on this book, and invest it in your idea. Pay for your domain name.
on 18 May 2014
I chose 5 stars because this was the first vook I ever read and was intrigued by the merge of e-book and video post in a book about social media.
I liked Gary's honesty and frankness when it comes to making a living online. He points out key steps and resources as well as the necessity of being authentic.
I recommend this book to anyone wishing to learn more about personal branding and how to monetize from your passion.
on 9 August 2014
Inspirational book with some practical ideas about how to get going and build an online business. Gary has been an inspirations to me for many years now.
on 28 October 2009
Reading this book is like having Gary Vee in your living room giving your own special keynote speech. This book takes on the same style as his video blogs, which is a refreshing change. Many more people should learn to write the way that they talk.

I was looking forward to reading this book and I can proudly say that it didn't disappoint. I'll add my own quote here "Closed minds miss opportunities." If you don't buy this book, you are missing out on a great opportunity.