Shop now Shop now Shop now  Up to 70% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now

on 4 August 2012
Having recently been put in charge of marketing and branding for a couple of startups I was looking a guide to help me through the process. I had the companies names and a lot of ideas but no structure or guidance.

This book was very useful in providing that structure and really got me thinking about how to communicate the brands for both companies. I would highly recommend it if you are going through a launch or if like me you come from a sales background and need some guidance in marketing and branding.
Format: Paperback|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
There is no doubt that brand awareness is tremendously important, both for consumers and for organisations. Naomi Klein's excellent 'No Logo' is a devestating critique of the power of branding in the globalised economy. This is an interesting, practical guide to the process of building brand identity. It doesn't go much into the underlying psychological processes on which brand awareness piggy-backs, but then there's no reason really to expect that considering the approach taken in the book. The text is interesting and well presented, and the advice inside is intensive, although perhaps a little too reliant on rather strange 'workshop' exercises in the style of those awful 'mandatory training' exercises so favoured by modern corporations.

Still, I wouldn't have any reservations in recommending it to those looking to build a brand of their own.
VINE VOICEon 30 June 2010
Format: Paperback|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I found this book a fantastic read. It is easy to read with and understand. The book is split up into 30 chapters to represent each day. I have been spent the past few days reading several chapters at a time. It is so well written in a way that really makes you think about what sort of brand to develope for your company. In a brand it needs to be effective in that is it well known and also a positive brand. Business can have a strong brand that is negative so therefore not effective. The books explains what a brand really is, in that is is how your customers see your company. It shows you how to create a brand for your company in a series of exercises that you complete during the different chapters/days that you read.

This book is well worth the read. I have been self studying Marketing for my new start-up business and through this found out how important creating a brand is. I have found the book very hard to put down and found the exercises very effective in allowing me to think about how I can best make my company stand out from the competition.

I would definitely recommend this book.
VINE VOICEon 10 August 2010
Format: Paperback|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
My last employer spent something in the tens of millions of dollars in a re-branding exercise, and recently, I attended a much smaller one day event for tiny businesses.

The processes behind branding are important to understand, and this book presents the same, and more, information and background than the recent one day event gave me. It gave me a massive amount more than I learned from the multi-million dollar exercise.

The book contains a huge amount practically to cover in 30 days, but this is a well-structured guide to branding, and it will be useful to many who have not approached the subject before.

It makes a good read in any case to understand what is going on around us all the time.
on 15 June 2010
Simon Middleton's Book - Build A Brand In 30 Days is a great introduction to the subject of Branding. It is easy to read, jargon free, and full of easy to understand relevant examples and case studies. Branding is a critical area in the success of any business and Simon's book brings the subject to life. It also keeps it nicely relevant to even the smallest of brands or start-up businesses. He makes it clear that anyone can build a brand, and helps the reader to think clearly and strategically about the subject. By the time you get to the closing chapters you will have a great set of tools to help you steer and grow your brand, as well as some thought provoking insights to consider, and some cutting edge brands to follow and learn from.

Well worth a read and great value for money.

Norman Comfort
Build a Brand in 30 Days: With Simon Middleton, the Brand Strategy Guru
on 2 February 2013
Greta book, wish I had bought it before I started my business, better late than never. Would recommend especially for someone about to set up a business.
on 29 July 2015
Found this book very useful in helping me to define where I wanted to position my start-up. Easy to read, with good practical advice.
on 27 December 2015
Christmas present for new business director
on 25 June 2016
Helpful for business. Strongly advice.
VINE VOICEon 6 July 2010
Format: Paperback|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Surely there's only one question for any business book: does cost of book plus opportunity cost of reading it create a decent ROI?

This one is a 30 day course in identifying ands building your brand (personal, business, whatever) I think I have a slight ethical recoil at the idea of packaging "me" redolent of Sam Goldwyn, authenticity: if you can fake that, you've got it made.

I, of course, an lucky in that the only cost of this book is the opportunity cost. I have a business idea that I have struggled to work out how to present it - it's something I've done for years and I think there's a hobby opportunity rather than buy my own private jet business, but I'd like to kick it off.

For the life of me, I cannot work out how best to present it. So there you are: I read this book in the (possibly unreasonable) hope of enlightenment or inspiration.

What I got were a number of approaches (which for me were in the realms of Sam Goldwyn on the one hand and religious fervour on the other) and a number of tools to try to identify how to elaborate and present a brand. Plus the usual anecdotes about how we all feel about (e.g.) John Lewis, which were interesting in themselves, but...

In overall terms I struggled for applicability and gained no inspiration, but that wasn't necessarily the author's problem, after all if it were that easy, the book would not be necessary.

I think this book will be helpful for those with more established ideas than mine, who also need some tools to analyse what they are up to and to check, brush-up, sharpen what they do. Possibly this might even lead to inspiration.