4.0 out of 5 stars Refresh your business ideas.
If you've not thought much about how others (customers, rivals, bank manager, etc) perceive your business, and are wondering how to improve it (like I was), then this book is quite a good way to refresh stale ideas, add focus, and gain the benefit of a different approach, possibly from several different useful angles. In other words it helps us to identify and promote...
Published 21 months ago by R. F. Stevens

3.0 out of 5 stars Easily read less easily implemented
I obtained this book as I had under a special project a desire to understand how brand strategy gets formulated and built. The book is very easy to read. I am sure many more skilled in the area would find it too basic but for starters it was fine.

Published on 21 Aug 2010 by Siriam

5.0 out of 5 stars Very useful guide if you are launching a new company, 4 Aug 2012
This review is from: Build a Brand in 30 Days: With Simon Middleton, The Brand Strategy Guru (Kindle Edition)
Having recently been put in charge of marketing and branding for a couple of startups I was looking a guide to help me through the process. I had the companies names and a lot of ideas but no structure or guidance.

This book was very useful in providing that structure and really got me thinking about how to communicate the brands for both companies. I would highly recommend it if you are going through a launch or if like me you come from a sales background and need some guidance in marketing and branding.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant - why to and how to, 15 July 2010
Clarke (Linlithgow, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The first four days of this book are excellent. I haven't read the other 16 days yet but I will - the book is excellent. The author does a great job of explaining brands using simple, everyday words - it's written for real world people, not marketing folk. I recommend this book.

3.0 out of 5 stars Easily read less easily implemented, 21 Aug 2010
Siriam (London United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)

While giving some useful indicators as to what to consider, I actually think from my own work and experience to date it misses the key point (and the title ends up being misleading) which is to build a real time lasting brand is not a quick over night event and is many years not days of work. The book sets you off in the right general directions but the slow burn to success is what makes the basis for real lasting super brands. The meticulous consistency and specific application needed plus endless tweaking of getting it right is in responding to markets and competitors is not to be underestimated from my own bitter experience.

5.0 out of 5 stars Down to earth and realistic, 15 Sep 2010
Z. Herbert "solaan" (Bedfordshire, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I have read many books on how to improve/strengthen/increase one's business and this is the best I have seen. Mr Middleton states from the very start that establishing a strong and positive 'brand' for any business is not an overnight, quick-as-a-flash affair. He suggests, correctly, that the thirty days of the book's title is a misnomer and that there is enough work to fill a much longer time.

His advice is down-to-earth and suitable for the embryonic business, the one-man-band (such as mine) or the bigger concerns because his approach and concepts are based in good business practice. There is no fancy jargon, no endless financial forecasts, no writing a million times, 'I own the biggest house in the world.' The chapters encourage the entrepreneur to constantly monitor and assess the progress or lack of it, to analyse what works and what doesn't and how to address any downturns.

For me the most refreshing sentence in the whole book says plainly and without fuss that a small business can burn hundreds of pounds on useless advertising. The author discusses how this can happen, what alternatives there are and the best/most cost effective ways one can embrace to promote one's business. There are some very useful suggestions, some of which I have successfully implemented.

I like this book. I like Mr Middleton's intimate and practical style of writing. I like his business ethic. My own small business has benefitted from his advice. What more can I say?

4.0 out of 5 stars A great guide and insight into branding, 23 Dec 2010
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
A found this very useful to learn about brand building. I am starting to run a small company and these techniques were really relevant. Simon helpes to relate branding and the tasks how it can help in marketing. There is so much work to do but once the brand is built th challenge is to ensure it is maintained and lasts.

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential reading, 25 Nov 2012
R de Bulat (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
Less of a 30 day plan, more a way of life: Simon Middleton's book gets you to look at, or even discover, your core values, personnel strengths and weaknesses, customers and markets. If you want to build a business, you really do need to build a brand. As he points out in the book, branding is not just for the big boys, but also for the small, niche business where the brand is simply what people recognise you for and why they keep coming back. In times of recession, one's brand is worth looking at afresh and with a critical eye. The exercises in the book may not be to everyone's taste, or might seem to be a lot of effort, but it is easy to see the sense in them and how they would be of considerable help in focusing or refocusing on the things that matter and can be marketed better, more profitably, building value and critically assessing your own skills, or lack of them, and those who work with you. I have recently read The E Myth Revisited and found it to be an eye-opener, providing a Eureka moment: this book is an excellent accompaniment and probably much better than other titles in the e-myth stable. Together, they form a solid business building tool that is not to be missed.

5.0 out of 5 stars A valuable addition to my bookshelf, 24 Feb 2011
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
As an owner of a very small business, I thought this would make very interesting reading. I studied business startup and marketing at university but that was quite a while ago, so this was a good refresher with excellent up-to-date information and advice. I would recommend this title to anybody who is considering setting themselves up in business because branding is vital for business success. Breaking the process down into a 30 day programme is an excellent way to cover all bases and get things done in the right order, without this it can be quite overwhelming when realising how much needs to be done and deciding where to start! As I have told colleagues just starting out, if you are going to do it, do it properly from day 1, that's what I did and I am pleased I did. Thank you Simon Middleton, a fantastic guide that is suitable for the beginner or someone who needs a refresher!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential for anyone planning a brand, 9 Oct 2010
The book is ideal for anyone who wants to start up a business or want to build up their own brand. The 30 steps in the book is a journey full of adventure and fun. Under the guidance of the author, I found myself able to build up my brand's identity from scratch. But don't expect to really build a brand in 30 days, unless you don't do anything else in the 30 days when you are reading this book! Because in some days you'll be requested to go for a journey to clear up your mind and not let anything disturb you, which I think it very reasonable and necessary.

Anyone starting a brand can benefit from this book and the valuable techniques it provides to build a brand, no matter what profession they have. The author talks in a clear, precise and very easy to understand way and I enjoy reading his words very much. I will take this book as my brand-building bible.

5.0 out of 5 stars A book that motivates, 19 Feb 2014
I love this book, its helpful and easy to understand, it motivates, it is full of interesting exercise and really informative. I feel like a have a partner by my side who helps me build the basis of my business.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent demanding of the reader partipative and interactive course through the facets of what it takes to build a brand, 28 Jun 2013
I purchased this book as an experienced practitioner in IT marketing and business to enable me to consider how to help startups and SMBs build a brand and help people come to their own solutions. This book served much more than that purpose and would be an invaluable read for anyone running or involved in a business and needing to drive it forward. You will get out of this book much more if you take your time and emerge yourself in the journey. Even the familiar concepts are brought together and sequenced in a way that demands you do not hurry or skim, you need to think and participate and challenge yourself along the way. Useful for all levels of experience in business. I sincerely wish that this approach to Branding was taught at university, in my experience it isn't but it would be invaluable if it was. Great value for money, buy it, don't leave it on the shelf, use it, live it and Simon will help you think through and improve your brand and your business. This text is thoughtful, well structured and engaging the only limit to what you get out of it is that you take the time,effort and care to do the thinking for yourself that is required. I would recommend this to anyone wanting to think through how to develop build and craft a brand that will make a real economic difference and contribution to the business and be central to how it is developed. Other reviews suggest this assumes you already have a brand but I believe that reading this book applies as easily to anyone starting to build a brand as someone working with an existing brand or brand. This book can seem almost too accessible but its easy style is part of its art and the skill and insight of the author. His apparently easy style is very deliberately part of its appeal because before you know it and if you commit the time needed this book can have a profound impact on your ability and knowledge of how to build a brand. It will be most enjoyed with those on a mission to build a brand they are involved in. Create one in your minds eye if you do not have one as it is the application of what the book has to say that is so valuable, you will need an example to work through. It is a powerful addition to your bushiness toolkit.