5.0 out of 5 stars Chris
I recommend this book if, like me, you have spent time, effort and money trying to figure out how to remove your excess weight and have better all-round health.

This book is the second from Gary Taubes that I have read. The first `Good Calories, Bad Calories' (or The Diet Delusion here in the UK) is long, at nearly 600 pages, expects a knowledge and...
Published on 30 Dec 2010 by C. Hilder

3.0 out of 5 stars Advice that might help you lose fat.
I am not sure I agree with everything in this book, namely that you can eat any amount of protein or fats and not get/gain fat.

I have been lifting weights and eating 6 small meals of protein and good carbs for around 6 years now.

I have read many books, magazines and the diets of top bodybuilders who become incredibly ripped (5% and below body...
Published 2 months ago by Share the LOVE.

‹ Previous | 114 15 1620 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars very interesting, 11 Mar 2013
This review is from: Why We Get Fat: And What to Do About It (Kindle Edition)
this book was recommended by a friend, (both of us have been dieting for the past year) i got it on my kindle because he recommended it and it was cheap, but the deeper i got into it the more i can't believe scientists have gone further with it, very interesting in deed, and makes a lot of sense

4.0 out of 5 stars interesting, 11 Mar 2013
Well worth the buy . Very interesting and eye opening for anyone who is interested in diets and the biology behind it

5.0 out of 5 stars A must-read, 26 Feb 2013
This review is from: Why We Get Fat: And What to Do About It (Kindle Edition)
This is a really interesting book. It makes sense and is definitely one to read if you have tried and failed to lose weight.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Informative Book, 21 Feb 2013
I chose this book after deciding the ketogenic diet, I particularly like that he cites every source he has used at the back of the book, enabling further reading if you decide that's what you want.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent read, 19 Feb 2013
Gets a little sciencey but a challenge is good. So much in this book makes sense. If you are in any doubt about the high-fat low carb idea for better heath then read this. It is hard to remain unconvinced.

4.0 out of 5 stars A bit thought provoking !, 12 Feb 2013
This review is from: Why We Get Fat: And What to Do About It (Kindle Edition)
Very thought provoking and heavy going in places but very interesting and well worth reading. A totally different train of thought to dieting.

5.0 out of 5 stars Certaunly does what it says, 10 Feb 2013
Brian Saunders "avalon" (East London) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Why We Get Fat: And What to Do About It (Kindle Edition)
I was absorbed by this scientific report but totally bored by the references to everyone under the sun.

However the findings are very plausible - i will try out the advice

5.0 out of 5 stars Why we get fat, 14 Dec 2012
A very interesting book recommended to me by a doctor. I did give up the carbs for about two months and my blood test for diabetes was much improved. Hard to keep this 'diet' up permanently.

5.0 out of 5 stars Science at its best!, 31 July 2012
An extremely well written book, which is based throughout on science and reads rather like a PHd. I bought this as I pondered over why society was getting fatter. Are we really eating more, or is there more to this obesity epidemic? I found the evidence in this book very interesting, especially the anthropological studies. The secret really does seem to be carbohydrates, especially the more refined these are. While weight gain is an incredibly complex equation, this may be improved by controlling insulin levels. This explains a great deal about the health of our nation, with increasing obesity and type 2 diabetes. A very interesting and scientifically based read. I recommend this book

5.0 out of 5 stars A sensible eating plan, 21 April 2012
Excellent and very interesting book with overall good research but not too deep very readable and easy to follow diet.

‹ Previous | 114 15 1620 | Next ›