5.0 out of 5 stars Incredible., 28 Jan 2011
D. Beaton (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Baffled And Beat (Audio CD)
Little Fish are incredible. When I first heard them about 6 months ago I was in awe, because I never expected to here something so raw and actual rock & roll from 2010. Juju's voice is how a female rock singer should sound and I never tire of hearing the duet's songs.

Highly recommend this album for a true music lover. You will not be disappointed.

4.0 out of 5 stars A rocker of an album by a band to watch, 23 Aug 2010
This review is from: Baffled And Beat (Audio CD)
I've been a fan of Little Fish for over 2 years. Between them Juju (guitar and vocals) and Nez (drums) make a powerful rocking sound. Their debut album has all the hallmarks of a good first album - a good set of songs that they have been gigging and perfecting for a couple of years.

The album includes some favourites (Am I Crazy, Darling Dear) that have been re-worked with a Wurlitzer to add emphasis to some of the chords, as well as songs that are new to me. Heroin Song and You, Me and The TV are great new songs.

Juju is at her best as a rocker - how does such a slight girl generate so much energy?

Baffled and Beat is well worth getting hold of. Now all they have to do is crack the age-old second album problem.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply Wonderful, 24 Dec 2011
This review is from: Baffled And Beat (Audio CD)
I got say that I LOVED This Album... it was a big big surprise... I listened to this band for the 1st time while playing Rock Band and loved the songs there, so I picked up the album and it's just fantastic, full of great songs and powerful music...

Also, I started to follow the band on Twitter, Facebook and Youtube and it's just great the connection that they make with the fans, they actually reply and talk to you... they also have a "Paper Club" to keep in touch with the fans, they mail you things like cards for the holidays, and booklets from songs... it's great

I recommend it... they are awesome!

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy this album now, 15 April 2011
This review is from: Baffled And Beat (Audio CD)
I also have to agree with previous reviews...
I love Little Fish.. Ju-Ju has a great voice, with a good range. She plays and sings with such passion you just have to love it.
Surprisingly for most albums I love ALL the songs..each one different.
Can't wait for the next album..

4.0 out of 5 stars Rocking, 22 Sep 2010
This review is from: Baffled And Beat (MP3 Download)
Socks rocked off. Gast flabbered.
First saw this band opening for Juliette Lewis at Shepherds Bush Empire, and no disrespect to JL, but they positively stole the show for me. You'll love this album if you are tired of all the generic-sounding poppy rock coming out of the UK for the last few years.

4.0 out of 5 stars Splendid debut, 25 Aug 2010
This review is from: Baffled And Beat (Audio CD)
I can only echo the other reviews (incl. those for downloading the album, which for some reason are separate from these for the CD) - this is a great debut. I saw them support Blondie and then at Sonisphere where (like Audrey Horne) they were criminally hidden away on one of the small stages. Still great though.

Just to give an idea of what this sounds like, for the uninitiated - it's basically a girl with an electric guitar and a guy with a drum kit. This obviously means that the songs are pretty stripped down, although not always as much as you might think, but the main thing is that they're really good. It's not hard rock or metal, maybe more like Patti Smith or someone of that ilk - a kind of pre/proto-punk edge to it - but there's plenty of light and shade, plenty of good tunes, and a great and versatile voice.

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally!, 15 July 2010
This review is from: Baffled And Beat (Audio CD)
Finally their first full length album is out!
This is one of the best bands I met on the UK inde circuit.
Everyone loves AM I CRAZY?
I only hope ERROR IN YOUR SUNRISE will appear on one of the singles. It's probably THE most beautiful love song of the last decade.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great Oxford band!!, 27 Jun 2010
This review is from: Baffled And Beat (Audio CD)
Little fish are a great live band who totally rock. I can't wait get my hand's on this little jem.

5.0 out of 5 stars Well done!, 24 Jun 2010
Peter Wood "Marnie" (Oxford) - See all my reviews
WELL DONE JUJU AND NEZ!
You've come so far since last summer!
Cant wait for the album, where is 'perfect stranger' though?!

Baffled And Beat
Baffled And Beat by Little Fish (Audio CD - 2010)