4.0 out of 5 stars great device but very check that your computer is compatible
I bought this capture card to record and stream from both my xbox 360 and my nintendo wii, and I can say that I am very pleased with the quality of both hd and sd.

Published on 14 May 2012 by ParadoxKarl

3.0 out of 5 stars Large output files
I have a dell xps 15 with 2630QM processor with 6GB of memory and it seems to work ok.
First I had to update to the latest Renesas (previously NEC) USB 3 driver and firmware which was a real pain because windows kept refusing to accept the new driver.
I found a way around this problem.

Next problem was that I did not realise that there was copy...
Published on 31 July 2012 by Amazon Customer

4.0 out of 5 stars great device but very check that your computer is compatible, 14 May 2012

I had quite a few problems trying to install the device (mainly because I didn't read the requirements properly) and I didn't realise that my motherboard wasn't listed as compatible. I have the Asus P8Z68-V pro motherboard and the on-board usb 3.0 slots WILL NOT WORK with the intensity shuttle. So I purchased a NEC controlled usb 3.0 pcie card, installed it with the latest drivers and the device worked fine after playing about with some of the settings.

5.0 out of 5 stars Right Motherboard Needed,Works great!, 17 April 2012
Yes this capture card is very fussy when it comes to motherboards,

But it does say x58 mobo's or better!,

I can-not say it works with every z68 motherboard,

But with the ASUS MAXIMUS IV EXTREME-Z Z68 INTEL ROG MOBO,

This capture card is 100% working!

2.0 out of 5 stars Don't bother, 11 Feb 2013
I and several others have tried unsuccessfully to get this to work on something as basic as adobe live encoder. It may be suitable for video capture for video editing but as a high end replacement for a USB dazzle for live streaming it was a complete failure.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works with Samsung rf711 laptop, 6 Sep 2012
This is a good quality capture device but very picky about the USB3 hardware it runs on. It is also touchy on the getting things installed in the right order and with the latest drivers. To capture and record in anything greater than SD PAL resolution you need to have a pretty good disk drive and I am going to fit a fast SSD drive soon to make higher resolutions possible. I am using it with ADOBE Flash Media Live Encoder and this is the first capture device that works with video and audio without crashing FMLE.

It does come with a pice of capture software for PC but I have not really played with that yet.

It was pure chance that I bought the Samsung rf711 and that the Intensity Shuttle USB3 works with it.

3.0 out of 5 stars Large output files, 31 July 2012
I found a way around this problem.

Next problem was that I did not realise that there was copy protection (called HDCP) on some HDMI outputs (like from PS3 or HDMI output from computer, etc).
There is a way around this protection by buying a DVI to HDMI converter.
But I did not try this yet. Such gadgets can cost upto 100 pounds.

I tried to sample the output from my Sony Cybershot camera via its HDMI output.
I played a 40 second full HD (1080i 59.94) clip with no compression.
I got a 5 GB file with video data rates of 1MB/s and this loaded my Quad Core CPU by 20%.
The pictures look quite sharp.

The file on the camera is 70MB MTS. So clearly MTS is a compression rate of at least 70x.
I can't see any way of getting the intensity shuttle to compress (to MTS, etc) before it saves to disk.
So I suspect a lot of lengthy video post processing is required to compress the saved files.

1.0 out of 5 stars Nothing is supported (and their customer support is limited), 25 Jun 2012
Mr. P. Tucker "Book-Boy" (Oxford, UK) - See all my reviews
I bought this to capture a lot of screen images from both cameras and TV and other peripheral devices - and even bought a new USB3.0 VAIO laptop (state of the art). Guess what - VAIO laptops are not supported, but there is no documentation or device lists to be seen anywhere on anyones websites (even Black Magics)..! I did some digging, and read a lot of forums and then discovered that the number of devices that are in fact supported are incredibly limited, and I didn't really stand any kind of chance. I contacted Black Magic to find out if/when my new VAIO would be supported, but they had no idea, and their support staff could only suggest I return the device for a refund - leaving me once again without a device that can do the work I require - so if anyone has any good suggestions/ideas for what device I can use for screen capture/screen recording - I would be most grateful.!

1.0 out of 5 stars Incredibly specific hardware requirements for compatibility., 11 Nov 2011
Mr. Oliver Tatlow "Ol" (Bradfrod, UK) - See all my reviews
I did a bit of research before buying this and the advice seemed to be that you need a fairly powerful up to date machine which supports USB3.0 then you're sorted.

My spec is
Motherboard - ASUS P8Z68-V (this has native USB3.0)
processor - Intel i7-2600 (3.4ghz quad core)
GPU - Nvidia GeForce 560ti 2gb
RAM - 8gb
This is a fairly high spec machine at the time of writing this.

It seems though that black magic only support a very small list of specific motherboards which are all a bit out of date by now and if you haven't got one of those then it's just pot luck as to whether it will work or not. So what you actually need is a machine that's a few years old that was top spec in it's day. As for blackmagic support you can forget it, it's non-existent. Having looked around some forums trying to get this sorted it seems that even people who have the correct motherboards are having problems as well. The unit itself looks and feels very low quality and cheaply made indeed. It's like a cheapo piece of perspex with some ports glued onto the bottom, there's not even any lights to indicate whether it's on or connected or anything.

If I'd paid £150 for something that worked really well without any hassle then would have considered it a bit steep but just about worth it. £150 for this piece of junk is an absolute joke. Thank goodness Amazon have a returns policy.

1.0 out of 5 stars Dreadfully unreliable, 11 April 2013
This review is from: INTENSITY SHUTTLE (Personal Computers)
Tried this device on a number of motherboards and it works for a few captures then falls over to black screen or freezes the PC. Definitely one to avoid.

5.0 out of 5 stars Black Magic Shuttle, 11 Jan 2012
I just want to say this capture card works a dream on my PC, just make sure you check your PC specifications will work with the device specification requirements before you buy. I have read mixed reviews on-line about this card but I have to say i'm extremely impressed with it. I would recommend this to anyone who wants amazing capture quality.

Also this does not capture SNES or Megadrive consoles as they are to old. Anything above a Playstation 2 will work perfect.

4.0 out of 5 stars Solid Job, choose carefully, 8 July 2011
Mr. David Archer (Surrey, UK) - See all my reviews
without the compression rates this does create an above average standard of the hdpvr for example, however check you specifications on your computer first otherwise this is a sound choice!

INTENSITY SHUTTLE