5.0 out of 5 stars Reassuring
Published on 1 Aug 2010 by Emma B

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing
I was looking forward to this book coming out but I was very disappointed. I'm about to start my 3rd cycle of ICSCI and was hoping that this book would give me some new tips - it didn't.
In her last book only a small part was dedicated to assisted conception but I found more information in that section that I have in this whole book.
This book would be great...
Published on 1 April 2010 by K. Clark

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Reassuring, 1 Aug 2010
Emma B "Em" (Cambridge, Cambridgeshire United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
We have just finished our forth round of IVF treatment with no success and have spent a further small fortune on Amazon trying to find some books that will support us. None have negative reviews from us but this receives the most positive response. After many rounds of treatment it is easy to assume a weary 'been there and done that' attitude but this book offers so much more than new ways of giving old information. Rather it's educational if you are considering a change of protocol or new clinic and a comfort if you wonder about reaching the end of the road and want to be sure you've covered all the details. If you are new to IVF, trying to conceive or have had the shock of an upsetting infertility diagnosis - buy this book. I wish I'd had this ten years ago when we started out on our journey.

5.0 out of 5 stars A friend, 23 April 2010
I bought Zita West's new fertility guide as we were just going into our 3rd cycle of IVF and I found it was a godsend! Despite already having been through the process twice before I was still learning from helpful tips and advice to help both me & my husband get through it again and actually feeling like we had some control and that we were doing something productive to help the cycle along.

I really liked the inserts in various sections of the book of people's personal experience, this made it feel like you weren't actually being told how you were going to feel or how you 'should' feel by someone who whilst an expert in the field has probably never actually experienced it personally. It helps to hear that you're not alone & that what you are feeling is perfectly normal.

This book is practical and caring and offers a truely holisitic, frank and honest guide to IVF and other forms of assisted conception which is invaluable

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 19 Dec 2013
Really informative.

Lots of good advice although if you followed all the advice on diet etc etc You would struggle to live a normal life

5.0 out of 5 stars Read this book - 10 out of 10, 5 Feb 2014
N. Springthorpe (London, UK) - See all my reviews
Don't be daunted by this big book - it is really easy to read and in a very friendly supportive language/tone. Zita doesn't preach or patronise, she just gives you her (very extensive) experience. Very helpfully divided into chapters following the cycle of fertility - I even found comfort in the case studies that usually drive me crazy in self help books. I learnt enough about the process without getting spooked by having too much information. I thoroughly recommend it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great advice, 15 Dec 2013
This review is from: Zita West's Guide to Fertility and Assisted Conception: Essential advice on preparing your body for IVF and other fertility treatments (Kindle Edition)
Knowledgeable and well laid out. Manages to strike a nice balance with scientific accuracy, some personal anecdotes and a nice caring style of writing. Recommended

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, 7 Aug 2013
I would recommend this book to anyone that is going to IVF, it's easy to understand, gives you loads of ideas and answered many of my questions - great book

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, 15 May 2011
Excellent book. Having had 3failed cycles this was an updated and easy to read book with plenty of new ideas and tips. Easy to read too. A great buy!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars So pleased I bought this, 8 Mar 2011
Unfortunately there is nothing you can buy to 'magic' up a baby, but this book really helps you to understand so very much more in a really practical and easy to read way. It helps you to increase your chances of conception (again, no magic wand) and, if you have fertility issues, this book goes some way to helping you along that path.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 26 April 2010
M. Reidy - See all my reviews
Brilliant book. Especially for those considering IVF or any type of infertility treatment. Covers absolutely everything from diet to emotional wellbeing. Well worth getting!

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 1 April 2010
K. Clark (UK) - See all my reviews
This book would be great for someone who is new to IVF/ICSCI but to anyone who is going through their 2nd/3rd and beyond I would say don't bother.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›