Format: DVD|Change

on 23 August 2010
At last the dynamic duo on DVD!

A few years ago Cannon and Ball released the live DVD from the Legends of Comedy tour of the same year. It was their first DVD release since the re-issue of the movie 'Boys In Blue'.

Finally the TV stuff has made it onto disc and this collection doesn't disappoint. It is a younger and fresher-faced duo at the beginning of their TV careers: The material seems fresh and the enthusiasm is genuine.

The main difference between this and the live DVD is the inclusion of sketches and guest stars. Yes there's the usual interaction between Bobby and Tommy, plenty of braces and 'Rock-On-Tommy's' but lots of situational stuff too.

Well worth a punt for retro TV fans - I expect a release of the second series will not be too far away.
on 2 January 2016
I really like Cannon and Ball. I like the way they are so down to earth with their comedy. I would say they overtake Morecambe and Wise. I think Bobby Balls sayings You really hate me and Piggin' this and that is very entertaining and I think Tommy Cannon compliments the show really well.
on 11 May 2013
Well I'm too young but this is the first series when Tommy had lots of hair this is a cannon and ball colletable and if you've ver been a fan this is one to have
on 29 August 2010
Brillant DVD from true comic legends! I expected the material to have dated but was surprised a lot of the material is timeless. They do not make shows like this anymore, if enough people buy this surely the other series (which I think are even stronger than this) will get released as well.
on 12 September 2013
Thank you Amazon for letting me know that all the series of cannon & ball existed I am so pleased to own them my grandson who is now 21 has been brought up on them when they were recorded on VCR
on 10 November 2014
Very happy with my purchase. Pleased to do business. Thank you.
on 7 September 2010
I am a BIG Cannon and Ball fan and after seeing them in their Rock with Laughter show this summer, we ordered this DVD. It was their first series so I suppose we should excuse the very poor comedy in the sketches. If you want to laugh until your sides split, don't buy this but if you want to remember why you loved them back them it's worth a watch. Times have changed though, it shows when you watch this. But Bobby is so naturally funny that even the very unfunny alphabet sketch raises a smile. I hope they Rock on for a long time yet.
on 16 September 2015
Sid Green wrote for Morcame & Wise and he seems to have lifted a lot of sketches from those days.
on 9 February 2016