5.0 out of 5 stars Best Source of protein
Published on 26 Mar. 2012 by Screenwriter

3.0 out of 5 stars Tastes fine and blends well but, NO SCOOP!
Published on 19 April 2013 by Feoa Winters

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Source of protein, 26 Mar. 2012
This review is from: Hemp Protein Powder PURE - 500g tub
Excellent product for the price with much more than just hemp protein. High content of antioxidants which is great for mixing with fresh made juice. Great source of digestible protein, far more than any meat or dairy products for us vegans. Not chalky or grainy and has a pleasant taste. This product is hexane free which is a sign of quality, but it does not say it on the amazon description (distributor are you reading this?) Add that it is hexane free along with all the other free from which makes this a high quality product.

5.0 out of 5 stars First Timer, 4 July 2012
This review is from: Hemp Protein Powder PURE - 500g tub
This is my first foray into using hemp protein powder for weight loss. I want to ditch a lot of bread, pasta and rice from my daily intake so I'm looking for something that's filling as well as good for you and this powder is certainly that. It tastes like nothing else. My first impression was silage ;-) but it isn't too intrusive and can be mixed with a good variety of other things if you want it as a meal replacement shake/smoothie. I have a thick green shake on a morning e.g. banana, avocado, spinach and yogurt added to the full dose of this powder and a fruity one in an afternoon e.g. a good handful of frozen fruit and a banana with the max amount of powder. Although it's not been a week yet, I'm not full of hunger pangs a few minutes after drinking it which I often was with commercial meal replacement products. I also seem to feel a lot better in myself, which has to be a Good Thing :-)

3.0 out of 5 stars Tastes fine and blends well but, NO SCOOP!, 19 April 2013
This review is from: Hemp Protein Powder PURE - 500g tub
This was my first hemp protein powder. I have left it till I finished the tub and tried another brand to review. I put it in my Glowing Green Smoothie that I tend to have once a day. This was a great way to great some extra protein while taking care of my skin. The taste is easily covered with things like banana. If you put too much in you just great a faint taste of bran - Which I quite like! It also goes well in peanut butter smoothies. I wasn't brave enough to try it just with water though.
Unlike other (whey/soy) powders this didn't give me bloating or nausea. All the extra stuff like the spirulina and acai...honestly I didn't notice them in the taste and they did nothing to improve my health in any way. I don't know that there's any real difference between this powder and the pure hemp powders.
A big downside for me was that there was no scoop. Although it gives clear instructions on the side about how many teaspoons per serving, I really feel Specialist Supplements are missing a beat by not including one. It makes it so much easier to use your protein powder, and it's something people buying protein powder expect to get with the product.
Troo delivered this quickly and it came well packaged.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good product, 20 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Hemp Protein Powder PURE - 500g tub
This is a very good product, as are all of the Specialist Supplements items. However, be warned that this looks like dried pond water and tastes like pond water and needs to be mixed with other, more pleasant, strong tasting products. I use 1 scoop with 2 scoops of 'Mealtime' vanilla flavour and the taste is acceptable when having it as a meal replacement. However, I think it comes into its own if you use it to bake with as a substitute for flour (if following a low carb diet). There are a few recipes on the web using hemp powder for this purpose and when mixed with a strong flavour like chocolate, it really does work.

5.0 out of 5 stars Pleased, adding it to smoothies as an alternative to ..., 3 Mar. 2015
This review is from: Hemp Protein Powder PURE - 500g tub
Pleased, adding it to smoothies as an alternative to whey powder, and it adds a subtle nutty flavour to the drink.
Too soon to say if it is affecting my health yet.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant mixed with water for lunch, 11 Sept. 2014
This review is from: Hemp Protein Powder PURE - 500g tub
Brilliant mixed with water for lunch, either on its own if I'm on the road or with peanut butter, coconut oil and boab powder and banana when I have a blitzer.

1.0 out of 5 stars Review of the taste, 21 Sept. 2014
This review is from: Hemp Protein Powder PURE - 500g tub
I found it disgusting in milkshake, on salad or cereals. The taste is just horrid. But that is just my opinion, others might not mind it

4.0 out of 5 stars best mixed with other ingredients as it does have a ..., 28 Mar. 2015
This review is from: Hemp Protein Powder PURE - 500g tub
best mixed with other ingredients as it does have a slight tang, if you can get passed that it's great in smoothies or in granola bars.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product., 14 Aug. 2012
This review is from: Hemp Protein Powder PURE - 500g tub
I ordered this product because I have so many food allergies that my nutrition levels were very low and I was always feeling tired and unwell.
The shake takes a bit of getting used to, taste-wise as it looks and tastes like pond water: green and gritty, after trial and error I have found that mixed with hazelnut milk and a shot of Camp coffee it is drinkable and I will definately stick with it!
I have been taking one 20mg shake for breakfast, which fills me up nicely and I feel so much better already, my energy levels are up and I also seem to be losing weight, which is an added bonus for me. I am combining this with MEALtime: dairy free protein powder (300g tub powder), by the same company and I use this for a low fat snack later in the day.
I would happily recommend these products to anyone wanting a nutritous meal replacement, weight loss or a supplment for an active lifestyle.

5.0 out of 5 stars Tastes horrible (like all hemp protein does) but is great for ..., 9 Sept. 2014
This review is from: Hemp Protein Powder PURE - 500g tub
Does what it says on the tin. Tastes horrible (like all hemp protein does) but is great for the gym

Hemp Protein Powder PURE - 500g tub
Hemp Protein Powder PURE - 500g tub by Specialist Supplements Ltd.