5.0 out of 5 stars AWESOME!
As a professional photographer, I'm used to all sorts of cameras and formats, including plate, film and digital.

Contrary to popular belief, there is no such thing as 'the perfect' camera; one type will better than another depending on what feature you want... but if you want a quality bridge camera that's truly an all rounder with little or no bulk, and is as...
Published on 7 Oct. 2010 by Wyn Ap Hefin

2.0 out of 5 stars Panasonic FZ 100 how can it be so bad?
I have been using an FZ100 for about a year now and can say after extensive use on all setting, my own preference is raw it is the worst camera I have ever owned, apart from the full HD video which is excellent. In anything but bright sunshine the pictures are not worth keeping.
I have a Canon 30D and a 10D plus a few thousand pounds worth of lenses no complaints...
Published on 14 May 2012 by M. Flockton

‹ Previous | 16 7 8 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars US Product(?), 1 Oct. 2010
This review is from: Panasonic Lumix FZ100 14.1MP Digital Camera - Black (3.0 inch TFT LCD Display, LEICA DC Lens with 24x Optical Zoom and Full HD Movie) (Electronics)
Please bear in mind some sellers (e.g. United Global Products and DigiGood) are selling a US import, despite no information on this being on the Amazon website.

UPDATE: I've given the seller a couple more stars as they were very good with paying for the return postage and giving a full refund.

Got a UK version from Camerabox for a similar price.

1.0 out of 5 stars Horrendous noise, 29 Oct. 2010
What a disappointment. I already own the Panasonic Lumix LX5 so I felt confident that the FZ100 was going to be a solid performer. When I received it I charged up the battery, put the memory card in and took some shots, only to discover that the images were exceptionally noisy - grainy and mottled with yellow and purple blotches which was very intrusive at 200 ISO. I wanted to like this camera as it ticked all the right boxes with it's swivel LCD and Leica lens with 25-600mm zoom. I'm fairly tolerant of camera noise in general, I expect it at higher ISOs but I've never seen anything as bad as this. I packed it away in its box and returned it the next day. I was very, very disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 21 Feb. 2015
Excellent product and first class seller.

2.0 out of 5 stars My phone's camera is far better., 10 Jan. 2011
After check many reviews, I decided buy this camera.

My reasons: I have 2 little ones and buy a DSLR with lens will be a massive temptation for them, also most of the time I found myself carrying jackets, backpack, toys and many thing that they left on their way, so usually my hands are busy and if I would like to change lens or adjust focus, etc I will be in troubles.

My Expectations: I wished a camera that allows me take family pictures, portraits, video and super zoom, all in one. I'm not an expert or pro but I like nice pictures and Videos.

My Experience: Some reviews talk about the quality of the pictures in low light, with 4 or 3 stars of 5. Unfortunately 3 stars are extreme generous. The camera is really, REALLY bad in low light conditions, and low light conditions means take a picture in your living room with normal light or even artificial light on.

The amount of noise is amazing, I took pictures with my mobile to compare and I got much better pictures and less noise.

About the video, is something similar, with low light or artificial light, don't expect HD because you wouldn't get it.So in my experience, the camera is wonderful, look amazing and the best buy if your take pictures always in perfect light conditions (Only Sunny days); as soon as the light is reduced the quality of the pictures is exponentially affected and you will end like my completely disappointed and with many pictures that does not worth the money that you paid for this camera.

I already give it back and unfortunately I don't have a replacement in mind yet.

1.0 out of 5 stars Avoid!, 7 Nov. 2010
The quality of the images this camera produces is totally unacceptable. Even at ISO 100 noise is evident, at ISO 400 images are so noisy they could well have been taken on a cheap mobile phone. Add to this the soft image quality and the dreadful colour rendition and it all adds up to a camera you would be wise to avoid at all costs, mine is on it's way back to the retailer as we speak. How a major manufacturer like Panasonic can produce let alone charge (...) for this piece of rubbish is beyond me - shocking.

2.0 out of 5 stars beware the "chipped" battery, 13 July 2011
Only works with genuine Panasonic batteries. If you want to carry a spare (and who wouldn't) these cost in excess of £40, so factor that into the purchase price. Fiddlier manual focus than either the Fuji HS20EXR or Sony HX100V. Personally I would make an allowance for that but the battery thing is contempt for the customer which I won't be part of.

2.0 out of 5 stars Only any good in the sun, 24 May 2011
I got this camera based on other reviews. I wasn't expecting DSLR image quality, but wanted a camera with a good zoom range and manual controls. As soon as I got the camera I was out taking photos in the garden. The zoom is very impressive and the IS works very well and got some realy goods shots. These shots were on a sunny day, take the camera inside and its a different matter.

Shots inside where very dissapointing, comming out blurry and very grainy at ISO400. I did a couple of test shots with the FZ100 and a Canon IXUS 120. The shots where taken inside without flash, both on auto, the shots from the Canon were much sharper.

Overall the camera is much slower than I would have expected, the AF is to slow to get pictures of people. For this price I was expecting much more. I've returned it and now saving my pennies for a DSLR.

1.0 out of 5 stars Bad Re Viewfinder!, 3 Dec. 2010
It is always exciting opening a package with a new camera inside and when I finally extricated said camera from packing and box, I was surprised how light it was. I was also surprised how big it was - the Linux made my Leica D Lux 4 (stupid name!) look like a Canon Ixus. The Lumix looked fantastic -like an extra from Mad Max crossed with a pit bull. Unfortunately it just felt shoddy; as if made from recycled egg cartons.

Looks, I was told, are just skin deep. i switched it on having finally located the tiny plastic switch. The screen looked great, but I hate being limited to using one so I eagerly pressed the EVF button and looked into it's depths. It was like wearing dirty glasses and the grain was so bad you tended to look at it rather than look through it!

I am disabled and bought this camera both because it is described in various places as compact and also because it has an electronic view finder (EVF). I can no longer easily handle SLRs and dread interchangeable lenses as my disability makes me clumsy - I love my ipod touch, it often gets dropped and always survives - I also needed a light camera with easily accessible shutter release.

So. Good points? It's light and looks macho.

Bad points? It feels cheap. Its lens rattles, it's the size of a Bristol bus, the viewfinder is, to say the least, poor and the shutter release is difficult to reach and has no feel to it.

1.0 out of 5 stars FZ100, 19 Sept. 2010
I have never felt a sense of disappointment and sadness with all my cameras until I got the FZ100. it did disappoint and shock me. The camera looks really great, well built and has long zoom. It takes excellent photos but in sunny days only at ISO 100. Above 200, it is literally rubbish. This cam is made to be used outdoors only and in sunny days. I will upload some samples to see how awful it is. By the way, i won the TZ8 and it is much much better than this piece of rubbish.

2.0 out of 5 stars DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY ON THIS RUBBISH!!!, 10 Mar. 2011
If you looked at the figures they are so amazing
But if you looked at pictures and experiences, especially at low light, or when using high ISO
between 400-800 (Notes pixel in the dark or low light)very bad image
I have Panasonic FX35, which is much much better
It is very good to have video with FullHD (not in the low light too)
When testing this model with FZ35-FZ40-FZ45 all the previous models will defeat it easily!!!
My final advice is to return it and try to find another one!!! I wish to sill my FZ100!!!

‹ Previous | 16 7 8 | Next ›